Electric vehicle battery cost to drop to US$10,000 by 2015
The U.S. Department of Energy has predicted the cost of an electric vehicle (EV) battery will drop to US$10,000 by 2015 against a backdrop of rising EV sales.
The cost of an EV battery has already reduced by almost half over four years, according to DoE figures.
In its latest figures for U.S. EV sales, the department reported almost 9,000 sales in June alone as figures for the first half of the year doubled from the same period in 2012. read more →
Sales Manager for Solar EPC - Apply Now
- First offshore wind turbine installed in Spain commissioned
- PV Japan 2013 trade show, smaller and more focused
- Mojave Mirrors: World's largest solar plant ready to shine
- Floating wind turbines could power Europe four times over, says EWEA report
- Solar sales moving from sofa to websites in U.S. to speed orders
- Hybrids, electric vehicles in Tata Motors' plans till 2020
- Native algae biofuel could make Australia oil rich
- Global demand grows for Taiwan's PV cells
- American producer DuPont seeks partner for biofuel project to produce cellulosic ethanol
- Chip Energy breaks ground on biomass recycling and pelletizing plant