Maneka visits Pali to save Bandi river from pollution
Former environment minister Maneka Gandhi visited Jaitpur area in the Pali district on Sunday as she was invited by the farmers to take up the issue of Bandi river, which is getting polluted by industrial waste and making agricultural land infertile.
Gandhi inspected the area and said those responsible for polluting the river should not be spared and that strict action be taken against them. "Pollution can not go on in the name of industrialization", she said. read more →
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- Chennai sits on a growing e-waste pile
- India ranks 125th in addressing pollution control
- Modi took head of polluting firm along to China: Congress
- Pollution: Rourkela Steel Plant, Orissa shuts down 2 units
- NO2 levels over India increasing, says satellite data of tropospheric pollution over Asia
- Surat villagers hit streets for closure of ‘polluting’ unit - GEPIL
- Burning of waste to mark Bhogi spikes air pollution levels in Chennai
- “Spend a day at our homes; feel the pollution level yourself”, Protesters of Okhla-Timarpur waste-to-energy incinerator
- Experts inspect Orathupalayam area, Tamilnadu to assess pollution
- Okhla waste plant to come under green scan