London Olympics: UK surprised over India’s silence on Dow
The row over Dow Chemical`s sponsorship of London Olympics escalated with the commissioner of an ethics watchdog resigning over its links to the 1984 Bhopal gas disaster even as UK politicians expressed surprise over India’s silence on the issue.
An enraged Meredith Alexander said she is quitting as Sustainability Commissioner to the 2012 London Olympics to bring attention to the "toxic legacy" of Bhopal. India is strongly opposed to Dow`s involvement with the Games due to start in July but has yet not taken firm decisions to express the nation’s anguish over the worst industrial tragedy in the world. read more →
Interested in rooftop solar for industrial/commercial consumption? Make use of our FREE Solar Assist service - More
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- Maneka visits Pali to save Bandi river from pollution
- Chennai sits on a growing e-waste pile
- India ranks 125th in addressing pollution control
- Modi took head of polluting firm along to China: Congress
- Pollution: Rourkela Steel Plant, Orissa shuts down 2 units
- NO2 levels over India increasing, says satellite data of tropospheric pollution over Asia
- Surat villagers hit streets for closure of ‘polluting’ unit - GEPIL
- Burning of waste to mark Bhogi spikes air pollution levels in Chennai
- “Spend a day at our homes; feel the pollution level yourself”, Protesters of Okhla-Timarpur waste-to-energy incinerator
- Experts inspect Orathupalayam area, Tamilnadu to assess pollution