India Worse than Pakistan, Bangladesh in Toxic Air Quality
If you thought India were much better off in quality of living than our poorer neighbours, think again.
In a study by Yale and Columbia Universities, India holds the very last rank among 132 nations in terms of air quality with regard to its effect on human health.
India scored a miniscule 3.73 out of a possible 100 points in the analysis, lagging far behind the next worst performer, Bangladesh, which scored 13.66. In fact, the entire South Asian region fares badly, with Nepal, Pakistan and China taking up the remaining spots in the bottom five of the rankings. read more →
Interested in rooftop solar for industrial/commercial consumption? Make use of our FREE Solar Assist service - More
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- London Olympics: UK surprised over India’s silence on Dow
- Maneka visits Pali to save Bandi river from pollution
- Chennai sits on a growing e-waste pile
- India ranks 125th in addressing pollution control
- Modi took head of polluting firm along to China: Congress
- Pollution: Rourkela Steel Plant, Orissa shuts down 2 units
- NO2 levels over India increasing, says satellite data of tropospheric pollution over Asia
- Surat villagers hit streets for closure of ‘polluting’ unit - GEPIL
- Burning of waste to mark Bhogi spikes air pollution levels in Chennai
- “Spend a day at our homes; feel the pollution level yourself”, Protesters of Okhla-Timarpur waste-to-energy incinerator