Practice of dumping biomedical waste continues in Erode
The practice of dumping biomedical waste in the open continues unchecked in a few parts of Erode district though the health department has issued specific instructions on the safe disposal of such waste.
On Sunday, a huge amount of biomedical waste including time-barred drugs were found dumped on the roadside near Vellode. Miscreants had dumped the waste and also burnt a part of it.
People claimed that a thick layer of smoke enveloped the nearby residential areas after the miscreants set fire to the heap of biomedical waste. read more →
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- Kochi experiments with novel ideas for waste management
- Indore based marriage gardens amongst worst polluters in Madhya Pradesh
- Kerala govt to set up waste management plants in all districts
- CII to launch ‘Enviro Tech’ in Vadodara
- Green City award for Tenali, Andhra Pradesh for excellent garbage management
- Ramky seeks more time to cover Kodambakkam, Adyar zones
- Waste air cogeneration system developed in Mumbai
- Plastic ban fizzles out in Hyderabad
- Cleaner Oceans Lead to Healthier Economies, Says a UN Study
- India Worse than Pakistan, Bangladesh in Toxic Air Quality