Madurai corporation bans dumping of garbage along Vaigai banks
Waking up to the rising pollution level in river Vaigai, Madurai corporation has issued an order banning the dumping of garbage along the bank as well as in the river.
Though there were apprehensions raised over the strict enforcement of the ban, the civic body warned that it would not spare anyone found polluting the river. "No one should dump any kind of waste or garbage along the banks of the river. Those found violating the order would be slapped with a penalty. Further action would be initiated on them under the Tamil Nadu Public Health Act 1939,'' city corporation commissioner, P S Sounderajan said. read more →
Latest News & Updates on Solar Energy - Free Solar Newsletter by Solar Mango. Click here to subscribe
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- Govt fails to act against underground water pollution in Patiala, Punjab
- Practice of dumping biomedical waste continues in Erode
- Indore based marriage gardens amongst worst polluters in Madhya Pradesh
- Plastic ban fizzles out in Hyderabad
- Cleaner Oceans Lead to Healthier Economies, Says a UN Study
- India Worse than Pakistan, Bangladesh in Toxic Air Quality
- London Olympics: UK surprised over India’s silence on Dow
- Maneka visits Pali to save Bandi river from pollution
- Chennai sits on a growing e-waste pile
- India ranks 125th in addressing pollution control