Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant should start working now, says Russia
Upset over the prolonged delay in the commissioning of the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Russia today said it should "start working now" and there should be a "movement" to start the "safest" plant and not to "kill" it.
"The machines have to start working now. Because after several weeks you will have to spend much more time and money to maintain them. You will pay for nothing. They will be idle but you have to pay for their maintenance," Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin said in an interview to PTI. read more →
100s of Solar Questions Answered @ Ask Solar Mango - Read More
Read more news items on: Nuclear Power,
- India scouting for sites to store nuclear waste
- 'N-energy vital for India's power production': M R Srinivasan
- Power Ministry asks NTPC to speed up coal production from mines
- BARC proposes two new research reactors under 12th Plan
- Immediate commissioning of nuclear power project at Kudankulam sought
- Can Efficiency Counter a Loss of Nuclear Power?
- ‘Commissioning of Kudankulam plant will solve power crisis in Tamil Nadu', T.K. Sathyaseelan
- Tamil Nadu sets up panel on Kudankulam project
- EU asks India to help bring Iran to nuclear talks