Duron Energy plans expansion in India
Duron Energy Pvt Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of US-based Distributed World Power, a maker of affordable off-grid solar energy solutions, is looking to raise up to $10 million (about Rs 50 crore) venture capital to fund its expansion in India.
The company, started in 2008, has recently completed the pilot marketing of its plug-n-play solar lighting solutions in two states of Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh and is now looking at an aggressive expansion across the country.
“We have done pilot projects for our off-grid solar lighting products mainly in the rural and semi-urban areas in these two states and are looking to roll out in five other states this year. We are in talks with a few private equity and venture capital firms for raising around $8-10 million,” Ajay Awasthi, President & CEO, Duron Energy Pvt Ltd said. read more →
Latest News & Updates on Solar Energy - Free Solar Newsletter by Solar Mango. Click here to subscribe
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- Manipulation of solar energy a challenge: M. Anbu Kulandainathan, CECRI
- In solar car with a message - Say ‘no' to corruption and pollution
- Solar Powered Street Light Idea Recycles Water
- Check this captivating solar model
- Sunair develops solar-wind hybrid power generator for rooftops
- Gramin Bank has opened five new e-banking branches using solar power
- Tata Power commissions 25-MW solar project in Gujarat
- India: Renewable Energy Investment Outpaces Rest of the World
- Dr Farooq sanctions solar project for Mansabal Sainik school, Jammu & Kashmir
- RRECL invites bids for 50 solar projects in India