Solar water pumps ideal for small & middle farmers, say PAU experts
The rate of electrification in India has not kept pace with expanding population, urbanisation and industrialisation, and has resulted in the increasing deficit between demand and supply of electricity, said experts of the Department of Soil and Water Engineering (SWE), Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), here on Thursday.
Dr A K Jain, Head, SWE, pointed out, “There is a limited availability/access to grid power in rural areas and the farmers have to rely mostly on hand operated and diesel operated water lifting devices and pumps. read more →
Interested in rooftop solar for industrial/commercial consumption? Make use of our FREE Solar Assist service - More
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
Read more news items on: Solar Energy,
- SOLAR POLICY: CAN INDIA SHOW US A NEW WAY?
- Solar water pumps ideal for small & middle farmers, say Punjab Agricultural University experts
- Now, take a cool walk in the sun
- Urja Global may raise $15Mn via FCCBs for expansion
- Duron Energy plans expansion in India
- Manipulation of solar energy a challenge: M. Anbu Kulandainathan, CECRI
- In solar car with a message - Say ‘no' to corruption and pollution
- Solar Powered Street Light Idea Recycles Water
- Check this captivating solar model
- Sunair develops solar-wind hybrid power generator for rooftops