Sports complex in Ahmedabad to run on solar power
In a first of its kind, a sports complex in the city will draw one-third of its power from solar panels installed on its rooftop. The project is being jointly implemented by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) and Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA) for Memco sports complex in north zone of the city.
The project will be of 100 kilowatt capacity and is being installed at a cost of Rs 1.4 crore. The AMC plans to implement a similar project atop the central office in Khamasa. read more →
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
Read more news items on: Solar Energy,
- Shree Ganesh Jewellery acquires 2 solar PV firms
- Solar Power Lies Beyond National Solar Mission
- Solar lighting systems successful in Rajasthan
- Solar water pumps ideal for small & middle farmers, say PAU experts
- SOLAR POLICY: CAN INDIA SHOW US A NEW WAY?
- Solar water pumps ideal for small & middle farmers, say Punjab Agricultural University experts
- Now, take a cool walk in the sun
- Urja Global may raise $15Mn via FCCBs for expansion
- Duron Energy plans expansion in India
- Manipulation of solar energy a challenge: M. Anbu Kulandainathan, CECRI