Apple reveals details on solar-powered data center
Apple says it’s building the nation’s largest end user-owned onsite solar array on the land surrounding its massive $1 billion data center in Maiden, North Carolina, according to an environmental report released today by the company.
Apple’s secret solar farm leaked out back in October when the Charlotte Observer reported Catawba County had approved permits to allow the company to reshape some of the vacant land it owned in preparation for a solar array. Apple never shared details about the solar farm — that is, until now. Granted, the “details” are vague. read more →
100s of Solar Questions Answered @ Ask Solar Mango - Read More
Read more news items on: International,
- Floating wind farm on Fukushima’s horizon
- 3rd World Summit for Small Wind Power
- Polysilicon Prices Hit Record Low, Will enable $0.70/W PV in 2012 !
- Suntech exceeded shipment guidance for the fourth quarter of 2011
- First universal metric for measuring sustainability.
- The Future of Batteries Might Not Be Batteries
- Energy Storage Market Quadruples in Five Years
- 70% of Americans oppose federal subsidies for the fossil fuel industry
- Energy use in multifamily buildings can be reduced substantially
- Global wind power capacity continued to increase in 2011