Wireless solar charging for electric buses?
While electric vehicles are still a small portion of the auto market in most countries, many cities have been looking to integrate electric vehicles into their public transit networks. London recently unveiled a hybrid version of its double-decker Routemaster bus.
But, as the Routemaster discovered in its first few days on the road, battery life is a severe constraint on electric public transit vehicles, which normally need to interrupt their routes to recharge.
Enter the ATC Solar Curve Bus Stop concept. Developed by Studio Mango for the city of Noord-Brabant, in the Netherlands, the system would install inductive charging technology at existing bus stops, enabling electric buses to recharge each time they stop to pick up passengers. read more →
Latest News & Updates on Solar Energy - Free Solar Newsletter by Solar Mango. Click here to subscribe
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
Read more news items on: International,
- Apple reveals details on solar-powered data center
- Floating wind farm on Fukushima’s horizon
- 3rd World Summit for Small Wind Power
- Polysilicon Prices Hit Record Low, Will enable $0.70/W PV in 2012 !
- Suntech exceeded shipment guidance for the fourth quarter of 2011
- First universal metric for measuring sustainability.
- The Future of Batteries Might Not Be Batteries
- Energy Storage Market Quadruples in Five Years
- 70% of Americans oppose federal subsidies for the fossil fuel industry
- Energy use in multifamily buildings can be reduced substantially