Coal Group of Ministers to meet on March 1
Amid the country facing an acute coal shortage, a ministerial panel, headed by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, will meet on March 1 to address the environmental issues that hurt the coal output.
"The Group of Ministers [GoM] meeting will take place on March 1. It will deliberate on the environment issues that is hampering production of coal," an official told PTI.
The development comes in the wake of widening demand-supply deficit of coal which is pegged at 137 million tonne this fiscal. read more →
Latest News & Updates on Solar Energy - Free Solar Newsletter by Solar Mango. Click here to subscribe
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
- WB govt to seek re-allotment of 10 coal blocks
- Sembcorp India plant signs 10 year coal contract
- If we import, we will pitch for ‘landed cost' formula: Coal India chief
- Coal India in a spot over supply to power plants
- Orissa seeks coal linkage for OPGC
- Singareni steadily reaching coal production target
- Government to encourage NTPC, Damodar Valley to maximise production to help power plants
- NTPC to award $3.3 billion equipment order by March
- Coal India waits for cost details on any imports
- Coal India Falls Most in Five Months on Penalties for Shortfall in Supply