Unelectrified UP villages to be soon illuminated with solar power with technical assistance of German Experts
In a decision taken by the Uttar Pradesh government, unelectrified villages of the state will be soon illuminated with solar power. Each household will be provided power connections for two light-emitting diode (LED) lights and a mobile charging unit which will run on solar energy. A mini grid, to be set up in the village with technical assistance of German experts, will provide power through transmission lines.
The project will be implemented by the support of the German government and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India. In the state, Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) under Department of Additional Sources of Energy will be the nodal department. read more →
100s of Solar Questions Answered @ Ask Solar Mango - Read More
This is very interesting. I'd like to share this!
Read more news items on: Solar Energy,
- Karnataka government to shift the proposed solar park from Bijapur to Chitradurga district
- A solar powered robotic transformer
- Juwi Holding to focus on wind and solar projects as it targets 36% sales jump by 2015
- An ARPA-E project to use advanced, nanostructured materials to achieve more than 50 percent conversion efficiency
- APSRTC proposes to install solar power plants at 105 bus stations, garages and bus depots
- TANGEDCO to carry out installation of evacuation infra facilities for solar producers in time
- Spain to achieve solar grid parity soon
- A silent youth movement lights up lives in villages with solar power
- India to provide 2,800 solar lamps to Bangladesh's southwestern coastlines
- Demand for solar power plants goes up in Kerala