Pollution Prevention Conclave
Meeting Conducted by
Location: Hotel Radisson Blu, Egmore, Chennai
Time: 9:30 AM, Friday, June 2
Participation to this event is by registration only, kindly register for the program at the earliest by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Shaffi, ASSOCHAM, T: 044-28120000) giving your Delegate’s name, Organisation, Address, Phone, Mobile & E-mail ID.
Pollution control is a major global concern because of the harmful effects of pollution on a person’s health and on the environment. Environmental pollution comes in various forms, such as: air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, etc. Pollution control means monitoring and removal of chemical, thermal, radioactive, and biological pollutants through the application of process engineering, environmental chemistry, water and sewage treatment, and waste management. In contrast to most pollution control strategies, which seek to manage the pollutants after it is formed and reduce its impact upon the environment, the pollution prevention approach seeks to increase the efficiency of a process, thereby reducing the amount of pollution generated at its source.
With a comprehensive pollution prevention program, most pollution can be reduced, reused, or prevented. To have any hope of slowing such pollution and, ultimately, reversing it, will require an energy revolution and some game-changing technological breakthroughs. The key question is: can engineers and entrepreneurs invent and deploy enough technologies – and the world’s governments adopt the right incentives and policies to eliminate carbon from the global economy – all in time to avert major upheaval from climate change? Consequently, ASSOCHAM TN is organizing the Pollution Control Conclave, to bring together the industry, government, entrepreneurs, academics and other stakeholders especially of Tamilnadu state, closer to realise a higher level of collaboration to decarbonize and create a sustainable economy by harnessing technology.
Who Should Attend
- Key CXOs from technology/R&D organization
- Heads of manufacturing industries
- Representatives from pollution control service providers
- Start Ups, Technology providers, R&D organizations
- Sector experts, Industry captains, Trade bodies, Academic institutions
- Industrial Pollution Management – International Trends and Experiences
- Smart Manufacturing & Pollution Control Challenges
- Technology Updates on Industrial Pollution Control
- Industrial Waste Management: Policies, Issues, Challenges and Way Forward
- Panel Discussion on Best Practices in Industrial Pollution Control
Why to Attend?
The conclave aims at sharing the best practices and latest innovations in industrial processes for pollution control:
- Air quality management to reduce air pollution and filter breathing air.
- Water supply and treatment for potable and agricultural uses.
- Solid and Hazardous waste management.
Guest of Honour:
Mr. Md Nasimuddin, I.A.S., Principal Secretary, Environment & Forests Department
Thiru. N. Sundara Gopal, M.E., Member Secretary, Convenor, Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board
Mr. P. R. Aqeel Ahmed, Vice-Chairman, Council for Leather Exports & Managing Director, Florence Shoe Co. Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Shaji John, Head-Solar Business Unit, L&T Construction
Mr. Narasimhan Santhanam, Co-Founder & Director, EAI Energy Alternatives India
Mr. V. Vijay Kumar, Chief Representative, Netherlands Business Support Office, Chennai
Mr. John Robert, CEO, Earth Sense
Dr. Sai Prasad, Chief Scientific Officer, Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board
100s of Solar Questions Answered @ Ask Solar Mango - Read More