Tamilnadu Electricity Board to face power shortage of 659MW, tneb tarif calculator, tneb tariff, guidelines of tneb, tamilnadu electricity guidelines, tangedco,
* TNEB borrowing from Central grid to meet shortfall from NLC
Solar Road Map Of Tamilnadu, Solar Policy Of TN, Solar Business In Tamilnadu, Solar Business Opportunities In TN, Solar Energy Business In Tamilnadu, Solar Energy Chennai, Solar Energy Market Tamil Nadu,
* TNEB to get Rs 125 cr special fund to buy power
CHENNAI, JUNE 16:
The Tamil Nadu Government has sanctioned Rs 125 crore as special assistance to the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board to purchase electricity from the open market to power irrigation pump sets, according to an official press release.
Following farmers' demands for 12 hours of three-phase electricity supply to power irrigation pump sets for raising summer crop of paddy, the Chief Minister announced the financial support to enable the utility buy power. This will support the ‘Kuruvai' paddy cultivation, the short term, summer crop in the Cauvery Delta regions.
To enable paddy cultivation from June 17, three-phase power supply will be available 12 hours a day, including eight hours in the day and four hours in the night. Farmers now get nine hours of electricity supply with six hours in the day and rest at night. more
* Electricity theft rampant in Chennai suburbs
* TN Govt to increase power supply in Delta region
With low water levels in Mettur Dam and Karnataka not releasing Tamil Nadu's due share of water, the Tamil Nadu government on Saturday announced increasing the three-phase power supply for motor pumps in delta region to take up 'kuruvai' crop. Chief minister J Jayalalithaa convened a review meeting with top officials, including Chief secretary Debendranath Sarangi, TNEB chairman and others in Chennai and announced increasing the duration from nine to twelve hours.
She announced allocating a special assistance of Rs. 125 crore to TNEB for purchasing power from outside market besides clearing Rs. 2000 crore for the state-run enterprise as part of its subsidy dues for the year."Starting June 17, delta districts of Tanjavur, Tiruvarur, and Nagapattinam, Kulithalai, Musiri and Lalgudi taluks in Tiruchirappally and Chidambaram and Kattumnnarkoil in Cuddalore will be supplied 12 hours of electricity for agriculture usage," she said in an official statement in Chennai. Earlier, three-phase power was supplied for nine hours- six during day time and three in the night, she said.
According to the new arrangement three-phase power supply will be supplied for eight hours during the day and four hours in the night, she added.
"As on date, the storage capacity at Mettur Dam is only 41.11 tmcft (as against the full capacity of 120 tmcft) and therefore there is no possibility of releasing water from the dam," she said, adding, the move would allow paddy kuruvai (short-term) crop on over 1.5 lakh acres though it was taken up on 3.45 lakh acres last year. more
* Tamil Nadu to Annul Udangudi Power Joint Venture Soon jun18
* Tangedco to verify captive wind power units ' compliance with norms jun18
* TANGEDCO wants banking of wind power abolished
* TANGEDCO takes step for addressing meter shortage
* Tangedco against hike in power tariff for renewable energy
New users can sign up through this Web Page for payment of CC charges through Credit / Debit cards or through Net Banking. The consumer has to sign up once for registration. This requires a valid Consumer ID and an e-mail account.
With valid e-mail ID & Consumer Number the consumer chooses a unique username for entering the website.
On completion of registration requirements, an e-mail is generated to the consumer for successful validation of e-mail ID. A click on the link in the e-mail will lead to user login screen.
The user shall login and key in his authenticated password for making payments through web site.
The current month dues if any are ready for payment, the consumer shall choose the radio button for payment to be made for the corresponding Consumer Number.
One user can permanently register for many Consumer Numbers using "Add Consumer No" button and shall pay during the corresponding collection cycle for the respective consumer. Every consumer number has to be individually selected for making payment.
A print of the e-receipt could be generated.
The changes in consumer number and e-mail ID and other personal particulars could be carried out using "Update Profile" button.
The user shall change his passwords frequently for security purposes using "Change Password" button.
A "Forget password" link is available for generating e-mail to the registered mail-id which shall furnish the current password.
Consumer number/username for which registration has been made cannot be modified and if required, the user can be deleted through the support link and a fresh registration can be made.
- Explain the process of registration briefly.www.tneb.in is the home page of TANGEDCO Limited. A link is available for online payment which leads to another web portal. In this portal, new user sign up is available. Choose this and enter the details required. The service no details are available in the white meter card or in the previous receipts. Choose the region appropriately. An automatic email will be generated on submission of registration particulars and on confirmation through the link on the email, the user is said to be successfully registered.
- What is consumer no?The consumer no is the service no available in the white meter card or in the previous receipts.
- How to key in the consumer no in the New User Registration page?The consumer (or) service no has to be entered in the box provided for this purpose. If the details available in the White meter card are not legible or is not confirming to the requirement, kindly see the example. The first (section code) and the second (Distribution code) portions of the service no. should consist of three digits. If three digits are not available, prefix the available nos with zeros suitably. The final portion should be appended as it is.
If the service no written in the card is 5 - 5 - 5, then the service no is 0050055
- To which region do i belong ?The first 3 digit of your consumer number is your section code. Kindly browse my region link to find your region.
- Is an e-mail id essential?Yes. Without a valid mail id registration cannot be successful.
- What will happen if i type a wrong mail id?Kindly take care to correctly type the mail id. If typed wrongly, the automatic confirmation mail cannot be received. Without confirmation through the link in the mail, you may not be able to login to your account.
- I have not received the confirmation mail?May be you have typed a wrong mail id. Your mail is sure to bounce and the registration details will be cancelled if the mail bounces. You may have to retry registration with a proper mail id. Else check your Junk mail in the Inbox.
- I want to modify my consumer no after registration. Will I be able to change?No . You cannot change the service number which was used at the time of registration. If the service number need to be modified for the user already registered due to shifting of house, purchase of new house etc , the user has to delete the online user account using the support option and make a fresh registration with the new service number. However any number of additional service numbers can be added/deleted using the Add Service Number option.
- Is it possible to change my username?No . You cannot change the username once registered. Alternatively you can delete this account through the support link and make a fresh registration.
- Should I use only Axis or ICICI bank Credit Card only through Payment Gateway? Can I use debit cards of any bank?You may use credit/debit cards which bear Visa /Master Stamping of any bank.
- Can I pay for multiple services? Can I pay for owner / tenant / relative / friends?You may pay for any number of services. The service nos. can be added using the Add Consumer No button.
- How can I monitor the bill payments?You may have to regularly check up bill status available in www.tneb.in web site. For registered consumers, a mail is generated as soon as the reading is made available from the field.
- Should I have to print the e-receipt everytime?Not essential. It is only for the purpose of record. You may view payment report in the login and also bill status in www.tneb.in web site.
- There is no entry made in the white meter card if I pay online. Is it mandatory to go to the section office for making entries?No. The payment details are available in the database.
- When will the data be available in the www.tneb.in site?The details will be uploaded to the concerned regional servers on the subsequent working day.
- What shall I do If Receipt Is Not Generated / Error Page Displayed ?After a successful transaction, if error page is displayed instead of the receipt , kindly check whether your bank account is already debited with the amount of earlier transaction before attempting to pay again for the same service no. If debited, please do not attempt to pay again for the same service no. The receipt will be sent to your registered email id in reasonable time after receiving the confirmation from the Bank. Also the receipt can be viewed in the payment report in your login id.
- My transaction is not successful. If I try again, it states that it is already paid. What should I do?The transaction is broken and will get reconciled automatically within next three working days. Check your bank account . If found debited, please do not attempt to pay again for the same service no.
- What is advance payment and how will it get adjusted?Consumers who has got no outstanding dues pending and assessment being carried regularly can make advance payment. The amount will get adjusted automatically on subsequent assessments.
- I paid Advance Payment. How should I check for subsequent adjustments/balance?In the bill status report => Monthly Consumption Charge Collection Details=> Advance Amount column depicts the adjusted amount against the advance paid. In the bill status report => Miscellaneous Collection Details=> Pending Amt column depicts the balance amount available against the advance paid.
- What should I do if I forget my password/username?You can recover your password through "Forgot Password"/”Forgot Username” link in the login page.
- What is ACCD and why should I pay?The adequacy of Current Consumption Deposit (CCD) will be reviewed once in every two years in case of LT consumers after taking the interest due for the credit available. If available deposit is less than the reviewed Security deposit, the balance will be collected as Additional Current Consumption deposit (ACCD). If the balance amount is not paid within the due date, the service is liable for disconnection.
- Where shall I check the CC Deposit amount paid?All the payments done towards Deposit could be viewed in the bill status => Miscellaneous Collection Details => Account Description=48100-Cc Deposit
- How shall I get alert for other Service Numbers in my Id?Make use of the Updation / Addition of email id of SUPPORT link to modify/update email id and get mail alert.
- I have Voltage fluctuation, my Meter is running fast/not running/ reading not done etc., Where should I complaint?For complaints other than billing, approach the concerned section office. Alternatively a complaint can be made through www.tneb.in =>Reach Us=> Consumer Complaints.
- To which Billing Cycle do I belong?Assessment in TNEB for the energy consumed for LT consumers is done bimonthly. If the assessment is done during the odd month, You belong to Odd cycle and vice versa. To know your Billing cycle, check from the consumer bill status .
- Can I pay the penalties through online?If you fail to pay the amount within due date , your service connection is liable for disconnection. However if not disconnected, you can pay through online along with belated surcharges. In case if the service is disconnected, kindly approach the section office for getting reconnected.
- What is the procedure for getting EB card (White Meter Card) ?If the White meter card is lost, you may approach the section office and get a new card on payment of Rs 5/-. If the card is full and there is no space to enter the assessment, the same will be issued free of cost.
- The address in the web site appears to be wrong.The address corrections have to be done at the section office.
- What to do for name transfer?An application has to be submitted to the concerned section office along with supporting documents. The name will be transferred to the new owner on payment of necessary name transfer fees. The details are available under Miscellaneous Charges in the Schedule of Tariff of Billing Services link in www.tneb.in
- Where shall I find the tariff details?This could be found in the bill status.
*Tamil Nadu Electricity Consumers Association has urged Tamil Nadu generation and distribution corporation to relax restrictions and control measures on power usage in view of restoration of power generation in Mettur Thermal station and improved wind generation. In a memorandum to TANGEDCO Chairman and Managing Director Rajeev Ranjan, TECA president Mahendra Ramdas said that with wind generation stabilising at 3,000 MW and Mettur Thermal station back on its feet,the authority could consider removing power holidays for all categories of consumers and also load shedding across the State. Power cut could be relaxed from 40 per cent to 20 per cent for all HT consumers during normal hours and usage of TANGEDCO power allowed upto 25 per cent from the present 10 per cent level during evening peak hours from the immediate billing cycle itself, he said. TECA also wanted TANGEDCO to adopt the similar billing method to be adopted to consumers from other sources like exchange of power and third party powers, as was done to HT consumers in two parts--from March 1 to 31 and April 1 to till billing date--, Ramdas said.
TNEB signs MOU with Texas Utility
We have long complained of our ancient electricity boards and their functioning.All this is set to change.TNEB will sign up for technology transfer and specialised training for the electricity board personnel by Texas Utility. The MoU is being signed under the aegis of USAID and will be funded almost entirely with soft loans. and will be at a cost to the electricity board. Other states like Karnataka and Haryana have lined up for similar MoUs
CII Southern region has also constituted a task force comprising independent power producers, government and TNEB representatives to sort out the policy hurdles that are holding up many of the private power projects in the state. more
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) will face a shortage of 659 megawatt (MW) as the thermal power station at Ramagundam will be completely shut down from Thursday night.
The 2,600MW National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) plant relies heavily on coal from Singareni Collieries in the Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh, where workers have been on an indefinite strike affecting coal supplies. The workers are demanding the creation of a separate Telangana state.