Solar energy education in India, Solar energy training in India, broad and online, solar energy courses, solar energy universities, solar energy labs, solar energy b.tech, solar energy certificate course, solar energy diploma course, solar energy training, solar pv training, job opportunities in solar energy in india,
Workshop on Green National Accounting
Two-day International Workshop on Green National Accounting for India finished in New Delhi on 6 April 2013. The Government of India established the expert group under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) in August 2011.
The aim of this expert group was development of framework for green national accounts, identification of data gaps and preparation of a road map to implement the framework. The expert group conducted in-depth deliberations on these issues over past one and half years. The report was submitted in the international workshop. The report called, Green National Accounts in India –A Framework was released by the Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh on 5 April 2013.
Steinbeis Centre for Technology Transfer India, an European Energy Centre approved Centre of
Excellence, a National Level Training Organization under JNSSM – approved by MNRE, and a
Network Centre of Steinbeis GmbH & Co. KG fur Technologietransfer Germany, And GVPCE-
Steinbeis Centre for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EEE Department- Gayatri Vidya
Parishad College of Engineering ,Autonomous) is jointly organizing
Three Days Steinbeis Certificate Training Program on Solar PV System & Energy Efficiency
15-17 March 2013 &
Two Days Exhibition by Solar Industry, 16-17 March 2013, at Visakhapatnam.
Solar-TEC @ 2013 aims to provide a unique platform to forge new opportunities, build
relationships, and establish new partnerships in research, development, manufacturing and
distribution for solar energy across the world’s solar powerhouse region.
The training program(15-17 March’13) shall provide hands-on learning the engineering and
business aspects of Solar Photovoltaic Sector. It also aims to provide practical knowledge
to the participants to make them ‘operations-ready’. As such, it covers an overview on
Energy Efficiency and basics of Solar PV, various components of an operational PV System
(Engineering, Implementation, Maintenance, Manufacturing etc…) and PV technologies.
The technical part of the program will involve Solar Plant designing – in both the formats of
individual as well as group exercises as mock-up cases. The non technical part will involve
Preparation of quotations, Tenders …, again in the similar formats, with mock-up classes.
And the exhibition (16-17 March’13) will showcase PV manufacturing facilities, materials, PV
cells, PV application products & modules, and PV project and system, covering every section
of the whole PV industry chain.
Who Should Attend: Industry professionals, Consultants, Entrepreneurs, Faculties & Engineers
Solar cells, module, panel manufacturers
Solar drying and desalination systems
System integrators, assemblers and distributors
Solar system component manufacturers (Batteries, Inverters, Mounting structure etc.)
Solar water heaters and Solar cookers- dealers and manufacturers
Small scale solar product manufacturers or dealers ( Home lighting, street lighting systems etc.)
We are looking forward to the PV industry friends gathering at event. From the industry's viewpoint, let us
take pulse of the PV power market of A.P., so as to guide the innovative development of the PV industry!
Use the opportunity to network, build connections and go globally and become an active part of this
PV solar energy We are looking forward to the PV industry friends gathering at event. From the
industry's viewpoint, let us take pulse of the PV power market of A.P., so as to guide the innovative
development of the PV industry!
07-December-2012 16:50 IST Government Supports Educational Institutions for Undertaking Renewable Energy Courses at Various Levels
The Minister of New and Renewable Energy, DR. FAROOQ ABDULLAH informed Lok Sabha today that the Ministry has a two-pronged strategy to meet the requirement of skilled manpower for installation, operation and maintenance and repair of Renewable Energy Systems / Devices in the Country. The Ministry, as a long-term measure, has collaborated with Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET) of Ministry of Labour for incorporating Renewable Energy in the syllabus of two–year regular ITI courses of seven trades namely electrician, electronics, fitter, turner, sheet metal works, plumber and welder. In addition, Ministry also supports the organization of short-term training programmes for various target groups on different aspects of Renewable Energy including installation, operation, maintenance and repair of Renewable Energy Systems and Devices.
Under its Human Resource Development (HRD) Programme, the Ministry supports educational institutions in developing necessary framework for undertaking Renewable Energy courses at under- graduate, post-graduate and Ph.D levels to attract younger generation towards renewable energy sector. The major initiatives undertaken by the Ministry under these programmes are :-
(i) Institution of National Renewable Energy Fellowship Programme (NREFP) for granting fellowships for Ph.D, M.Tech, M.Sc Courses in Renewable Energy,
(ii) Institution of National Solar Science Fellowship Programme (NSSFP) to provide attractive fellowship (Rs. one lakh per month) and research grant to 10 selected scientists of the age group 35 to 45 years, to undertake research in cutting-edge areas in Solar Energy. Two National Solar Science Fellows are working in IIT Bombay under this programme,
(iii) Institution of Renewable Energy Chairs in selected higher educational institutions to act as focal point on Renewable Energy education in that institution,
(iv) Providing a one time grant-in-aid support of Rs.50 Lakh to selected educational institutions for upgrading laboratory and library facilities,
(v) Developing course-curricula and study material for postgraduate, under graduate, diploma and ITI levels,
(vi) Support to State Nodal Agencies (SNAs) and NGOs for undertaking short-term training programmes besides undertaking programmes for capacity building of officers of Ministry and SNAs.
(vii) The Short term training programmes are being organized at Block and District levels to attract youth from rural areas to work in installation, operation, maintenance and repair.
Looking for Training in India?
If you are a student who lives in India and wants training in any renewable energy area (Solar PV, Solar Thermal, Wind Energy etc.),
please fill out this form by clicking here and we will forward your information to our Indian partners so they can contact you directly.
PV250e: Solar PV Economics & Technical Sales
Costs $ 995 /
Too expensive. ASK for discounts !! more
GUWAHATI: Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) along with SELCO Incubation Centre would provide operational guidance and mentoring support to aspiring entrepreneurs to those aspiring to set up solar energy business.
IIE director Sunil Kumar Saikia inaugurating a day-long workshop for entrepreneurs of the North East said effort was made to dispel myths associated with sustainable technology and the rural sector as a target customer base.source
Guidance on Product Identification / Selection/
Training Technical Consultation
MSME Development Institute,
65/1, GST Road, Guindy, Chennai-600 032,
Ph: 22501011-3 lines, 22502416, 222501785
Fax: 222501475, 222501014
email@example.com Regional Jt. Director
District Industries Centre
Thiru Vi Ka Industrial Estate (SIDCO),
Guindy, Chennai - 600 032.
Ph: 044 - 28549753
"One-way video and two-way audio web-counselling facilities and a number of online counselling sessions will be conducted to help the students for understanding the study materials," it said.
"Students can access the study materials anywhere across the globe online and can attend the counselling session to interact with the expert and with other students." www.ignou.ac.in/21/6/12
Determining which technologies work and can be brought to market mass-scale is an urgent challenge for engineers and businesses,” says Michael McGehee, associate professor of materials science and engineering and the academic director of the certificate program. “This is an exciting time to be in the energy field.” McGehee is joined by professors Yi Cui, Mark Zoback, and other lead faculty from the schools of engineering and of earth sciences.
Program participants, including engineers, product developers, product marketing managers, investors and policy makers, will gain a greater understanding of the entire energy landscape and the fundamentals of how emerging technologies work. They will also learn about opportunities to develop and market new technologies. The program requires the completion of four courses from a portfolio of six or more courses covering topics including photovoltaics, solar energy, biofuels, batteries, and shale gas.
Stanford is a recognized leader in distance learning delivered by the Stanford Center for Professional Development. Courses can be taken by viewing the streaming video assets and completing course requirements and exams. Participants who successfully complete the program receive a professional certificate in Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies. For more information and to enroll: http://energyinnovation.stanford.edu.
About the Stanford Center for Professional Development
The Stanford Center for Professional Development connects working professionals worldwide to the research and teaching of Stanford University faculty in the School of Engineering and related academic departments. Qualified individuals may study for master of science degrees on a part-time basis, pursue graduate and professional certificates, take individual graduate and professional courses, and view free online seminars and more. Courses are delivered online, on the Stanford campus in the heart of the Silicon Valley, and at the work site. (http://scpd.stanford.edu)
* Arka-IGNOU Community College,Kolkata started the first professional certification course on Renewable Energy in India this year. The course is jointly certified by TAFE,Queensland,Australia and IGNOU. Upon sucessful completion of the training course, students achieve CERT III level from TAFE,Australia enabling them to work as a Renewable Energy professional Internationally.
* Arka IGNOU Renewable energy international certificate course
|Unit code||Unit name||Unit type|
|UEENEEC021B||Participate in electronics and communications work and competency||Core|
|UEENEEE001B||Apply OHS practices in the workplace||Core|
|UEENEEE002B||Dismantle, assemble and fabricate electrotechnology components||Core|
|UEENEEE003B||Solve problems in extra-low voltage single path circuits||Core|
|UEENEEE004B||Solve problems in multiple path d.c. circuits||Core|
|UEENEEE005B||Fix and secure equipment||Core|
|UEENEEE007B||Use drawings, diagrams, schedules and manuals||Core|
|UEENEEE008B||Lay wiring/cabling and terminate accessories for extra-low voltage circuits||Core|
|UEENEEE019C||Solve problems in multiple path a.c. circuits||Core|
|UEENEEK023B||Carry out basic repairs to renewable energy apparatus by replacement of components||Core|
|UEENEEK025C||Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus||Core|
|UEENEEK027B||Diagnose faults in renewable energy control systems||Core|
|UEENEEK028B||Solve problems in stand-alone renewable energy systems||Core|
|UEENEEK034B||Install standalone photovoltaic power systems||Core|
|UEENEEK049A||Verify compliance and functionality of a renewable energy installation|
Our exhaustive course list in areas of Energy, Environment and Sustainability will provide you with valuable insights theoretically and our unique "Mentorship Program" combined with the "Industry project" will provide practical exposure. Traditionally, students are required to study business, science, engineering, politics or the environment as distinct fields. However, with the current and anticipated progression of the world's energy needs, multi-disciplinary knowledge in energy education has become absolutely vital.
Students will be eligible and awarded the Certificate program after successful completion of any four courses available in the course list and one industry project. Alternatively students can also opt-in for one course at a time and receive a certificate in that specific subject. A Certificate program is a great option for recent college graduates, working professionals who want to stand out in the energy job market and who want to take the next big step in their careers. Our curriculum is specifically designed to prepare students for jobs in the energy, environment and sustainability sectors.
Courses to be Offered Shortly
* Courses subject to change
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
School of Solar Energy
Doctoral Program (Ph. D): General Information
School of Solar Energy (SSE), at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, is established to offer state-of-the-art experimental, theoretical and computational research facility in the thrust areas of solar energy technologies. The areas of research including but not limited to:
1. Fundamental and commercial solar cell technologies, such as, crystalline and amorphous Silicon, Chalcopyrites and Dye Sensitized solar cells etc.
2. Advanced, nano-structured and hybrid solar cells.
3. Photovoltaic systems.
4. Solar thermal systems and components.
5. Supporting technologies, such as, electrical storage, inverter technologies, hybrid systems, grid tied and off grid technologies etc.
The academic program leading to the Ph. D degree is broad based and comprises of a minimum course credit requirement and a research thesis. The academic programme has been devised to provide a multidisciplinary approach of novel research work related to energy, characterized either by discovery of facts, or by a fresh approach towards interpretation and application of facts, or development of equipment making a distinct advance in technology.
1. Eligibility & Selection
Admissions to the Ph. D program are conducted based on the advertisement put on University and School websites, leading national newspapers and printed poster sent to leading colleges and Universities in India. The qualifying degree requirement for admission in to Ph. D program as follows: First Class or equivalent (60% marks for General categories; 55% for SC / ST/ Physically Challenged candidates) or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 or above (6.5 for SC/ST/ Physically Challenged candidates) in: i) M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Physics/ Applied Physics/ Electronics/ Optoelectronics OR ii) B.E./B.Tech./ M.E./ M.Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering/ Engineering Physics/ Semiconductor Device Technology/ Energy Science & Engineering. Reservation for SC / ST / PC (Physically Challenged) candidates as per Government of India rules Selection process The applicants, short listed on the basis of their academic background and performance is called for the admission test & interview conducted by Institute.
2. Categories of Ph. D Students
The Institute admits Ph. D students under the following categories. All categories of students are selected through the same admission procedure (s) unless specified otherwise.
A student in this category works full time for his Ph. D Program. He receives assistantship from the Institute or fellowship from CSIR/UGC/AICTE or any other recognized funding agency.
A student in this category is sponsored by a recognized R&D organization, academic institution, government organization or industry for doing research in the Institute on a full-time basis. The student should have at least two years of working experience in the respective field. Sponsorship letter (Form 1) must be attached with the application. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student.
A student in this category works full time or part time towards the Ph. D Program. At the time of admission, he should have at least two years of professional experience in the respective field. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student.
1.4 Project Staff:
A student in this category is already working on a sponsored project in the Institute and is admitted to the Ph. D Program as a full-time or part-time student. The remaining duration of the project at the time of admission should be at least two years.
Only those candidates short listed by a committee formed for this purpose by the institute, will be sent call letters for test & interviews.
10 - Day ISTE workshop on Solar Photovoltaics : Fundamentals, Technologies and Applications
National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) announces sixth workshop in the series of ISTE-IITB workshops sponsored by MHRD, Govt. of India, under the National Mission on education through ICT.
Introduction – What the blog is about and who is it for ?
The purpose of the blog is to help people who are aspiring to get into the solar energy field by providing them with information with regards to the available courses and possible career paths.
Various courses are available in the solar energy sector which include Solar energy skills Training, Solar Technology Education, Solar Tech Courses etc. As a student, these programs are designed to help you both at the graduate level as well as the post graduate level. These courses would also help you if you are a business person who is looking into diversifying his area of expertise and venture into an emerging sector.
The information presented here would also be immensely helpful if you are looking forward into entering into the Solar Energy Education sector as it shows the various courses that are available both in India as well as abroad. The post also highlights the curriculum being followed in most of these colleges and hence would greatly assist the educators in developing the best possible syllabus to be followed which matches international standards.
The Solar Industry – A Brief Overview
Increasing energy requirements coupled with the depletion of fossil fuels around the world have pushed people to move towards alternate or renewable energy sources. The renewables market in India is mainly dominated by Wind, Solar PV and Solar Thermal energy systems.
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems use cells which directly convert sunlight into electricity. These cells are made up of special substances known as semiconductors which perform the conversion process.
Global Solar PV installations reached 6.43 GW in 2009 - an increase of about 6% over the year 2008. The revenue generated from these installations reached $38 billion globally. European countries account for the vast majority of the installations, which total about 4.1GW.
India lies in a sunny tropical belt region which is a region of high insolation (incident solar energy). The total theoretical potential is estimated to be over 5000 trillion kWh annually. Very little of this abundant resource has been exploited. The installed solar capacity in India is about 110MW of which only about 10MW is grid connected.
The National Solar Mission is working towards increasing the installed capacity of solar in India to 1-2 GW by 2013 and then increasing to 4-10GW by 2017. This clearly shows the viability of solar in India as there are going to be a lot of emerging opportunities in the field.
The government further aims to increase the growth of solar energy in India by providing incentives under the National Solar Mission and other Generation Based Incentives available through the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The government expects to spend about $19billion in this sector till 2022.
Industry demand for qualified Solar Technicians is growing as more consumers and businesses establish solar generation systems in their communities. The new solar installations coming up require the employees to have recognizable certificates as they too form a basis for the funding which is allocated to the companies. The demand for skilled technicians in both solar PV and thermal areas is rising. The push for alternative energy is only going to get stronger.
You could become a solar energy installer or maybe a professional energy auditor. But you will need the necessary qualifications. This is where good quality solar energy training courses come in. This leads to huge opportunities not just in the solar energy sector but also within the solar energy training sector.
Types of Training Available
Broadly speaking, solar energy training courses are split into 2 separate camps
- Hands-on training programs – tends to be more practical and deals with skills such as training users to install solar panels. This provides the basic skills necessary to get into the solar energy sector
- Academic oriented two-year degree programs – more in depth analysis of the subject which provides more technical details as well as assisting in the financial and economic details of solar energy projects
It is generally more advantageous to pursue a two-year degree course because of the obvious advantages associated with it. A degree means you are more qualified to do a wider range of jobs which tends to attract higher pay packets. Also, you will have the technical knowledge to do other things such as design solar power systems.
If solar energy systems sound like an enticing proposition, the following sections would give you a general indication of where to start your venture into the solar energy markets depending on your educational experience as well as your financial viability.
The following is the course content as designed by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Basic Engineering Processes
- Mathematical Techniques
- Quantum Mechanics and Semiconductors
- Vaccum Science and Thin Film
- Photovoltaic Science and Engineering
- Semiconductor Processing and Characterization
- Modelling and Simulation
- Fundamentals of solar energy
- Solar Energy and its Applications
- Solar Thermal Devices and PV systems
- Wind, Geothermal and Hydro Energy Sources
- Tidal Energy
- Other Renewable Energy Sources
- Solid, Liquid and Gaseous Fuels
- Burner Design
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Irreversible Thermodynamics
- Conduction and Radiation Heat Transfer
- Phase Change Heat Transfer and Heat Exchanger
- Mass Transfer and Engine Heat Transfer Correlation
- Applied Mathematics for Engineers
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Environmental Engineering and Pollution Control
- Instrumentation and Thermal Engineering
- Bio Energy Conversion Technologies
- Waste Management and Energy Generation Technologies
- Cogeneration and Waste Heat Recovery Systems
- Boiler Technology
- Fluidised Bed Systems
- Design of Heat Exchangers
- Power Generation, Transmission and Utilization
- Electrical Drives and Controls
- Energy Conservation in Buildings and HVAC
- Chemical Process Technology
- IT in Energy Management
- Optimisation of Power Systems
- Thermal Storage Systems
- Economic analysis of Renewable Energy
- Economics and Planning of Energy Supply-Demand Chain
- Evaluation of Alternate Modes of Energy Supply
- Environmental Sustainability of Energy Supply System
- Design and Engineering of Solar Thermal and Solar PV Systems
- Industrial Energy Management
- Power Plant Engineering
- Carbon Credit
- Case Studies
- Solar power engineering design and development
- Wind power engineering design and development
- Bio-fuel technologies
- Renewable energy business and management
- Modeling and Environmental Performance
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Energy Efficient Systems
- Solar Architecture for Different Regions
- Research Methodologies
- Energy Systems Performance and Appraisal
Course Content Abroad - Optional Subjects
- Advanced Material Processing
- Business Resource Management
- Computer Aided Product Design
- Finance Resource Management
- Industrial Project Management
- Industrial Systems and Management
- Integrated CAD/CAM Systems
- Mechatronics and Automation
Solar Energy International
- Over 20 years’ experience providing both hands-on and online solar training
- Renewable Energy Education in wind, micro-hydro, sustainable building and developing world technologies
- Works with grassroots and development organizations to promote sustainability and improve QoL worldwide through viable outreach programs.
- Has 18 ISPQ Certified Trainers and 24 NABCEP Certified Solar Installers.
- Helps with solar training for the NABCEP Entry Level Exam or NABCEP Installer certification.
Solar Energy International offer onsite training and workshops in San Diego, Guemes Island, Washington, Austin, Texas, and Rancho Mastatal.
Solar Energy International, in response to an increased demand for solar energy professionals, has added additional online solar courses this year to their already impressive list of online classes and workshops. Six week online modules currently scheduled for Oct 24-Dec 4 include PVOL203: Solar Training - Battery Based Design, PVOL206: Solat Training - Solar Business and Technical Sales, PVOL101: Solar Training - Solar Electric Design and Instalation (Grid-Direct) and RDOL101: Renewable Energy for the Developing World.
Physical Address :76 S. 2nd St. Carbondale, CO 81623
|Mailing Address : PO Box 715, Carbondale, CO 81623|
|Phone : 970-963-8855|
|Email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website : http://www.solarenergy.org/
Solar Energy Training & Certification CoursesHeatSpring Offers Both Local & Online Solar Training Courses
HeatSpring's solar courses are designed for contractors, builders, electricians, plumbers, engineers, and entrepreneurs looking to be leaders in the solar industry. HeatSpring's Solar Installer Boot Camp is ISPQ accredited by IREC and approved by NABCEP. All of HeatSpring solar courses are designed for those interested in NABCEP certification and becoming qualified to access state and federal incentive programs. Each course has a list of online assignments that you can start on immediately after enrolling. We think these are the best solar courses available to the professional community.
US SOLAR INSTITUTE
US Solar Institute is licensed by the Department of Education and is the only solar training school to offer a Diploma in Photovoltaics. We are the fastest growing professional solar PV energy training program in the United States and are considered the premier Florida and Caribbean solar training institute because our program and courses have been designed by solar professionals with a real-world perspective on what you need to succeed. If you want to learn how to install solar panels, advance your career, or maximize your business potential in the lucrative solar segment, only the US Solar Institute’s photovoltaic training programs offer advantages you can use today! http://ussolarinstitute.com/
Solar Energy International's courses seem very popular. So, I am giving their online courses also. It can be of use.
Online Solar Training Courses
Courses through the SEI Online Campus are some of the most flexible and engaging paths to getting your renewable energy education. SEI has built these courses with sound learning theory in mind and all courses have live instructor support from leading professionals in the industry. We take this course design seriously as this type of training can be daunting for some who have never experienced a quality online course. Each course offers multiple content types from video to audio to engaging readings and resources to ensure your learning style is considered.All Online TrainingView in Calendar
PVOL101: Solar Training - Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-Direct) - OnlineThis online solar training course establishes fundamental concepts required for safe, code-compliant design and installation of photovoltaic (PV) systems, with a focus on residential-sized grid-direct solar electric systems. The goal of the course is to create a fundamental understanding of the core concepts necessary to work with all PV systems, including: system components, site analysis, PV module criteria, mounting solutions, safety, and commissioning. The course will also cover the
RDOL101: Renewable Energy for the Developing World - OnlineThis course explores different applications for renewable energy technologies in developing countries. Participants will learn how to successfully accomplish sustainable development projects with renewable energy. Effective technology transfer methods will be presented, as well as setting up infrastructure and the economics and financing of renewable energy projects. Case studies will be presented on solar cooking, rural household electrification, appropriate building technologies, rural health
PVOL202: Solar Training - Advanced PV System Design and the NEC (Grid-Direct) - OnlineWith this solar training course for professoinals you will apply the National Electrical Code (NEC) to residential and commercial grid-direct solar electric systems to ensure safe, code-compliant design and installation. This workshop will build upon the core concepts from PV 101 and continue to emphasize grid-direct systems. The course will focus significantly on the National Electrical Code (NEC), including grid interface calculations, grounding considerations, and advanced component
|Online||PVOL203: Solar Training - Solar Electric Design (Battery-Based) - OnlineApply the National Electrical Code (NEC) to battery-based systems in this solar training course to ensure safe, code-compliant design and installation. This course will build upon the core concepts from PV101, with a specific emphasis on battery-based system design. Students will work through step-by-step design process for battery-based applications, including stand-alone (off-grid), grid-tied with battery back-up, and hybrid systems. Topics such as load analysis, component selection,
PVOL206: Solar Training - Solar Business and Technical Sales - OnlineThe SEI solar training course, PV206: Solar Business and Technical Sales, has been developed from the ground up with a strong focus on business principals and non-technical financial and economics topics directly aligned with the NABCEP PV Technical Sales task analysis. This workshop is for those currently working in the solar industry or hoping to work in solar sales.
NREL Training Courses
- PV research covers everything from fundemental studies to commercialization
- Work includes developing and improving PV cells
- Developing advanced technologies such as CSP PV and organic PV
- Characterizing PV cells, modules and systems
More about Photovoltaic research http://www.nrel.gov/pv/
Solar Thermal Research
- Analyzing cost and performance of solar systems
- Developing parabolic trough technology for solar electricity generation
- Supporting the development of new designs and manufacturing processes
More about concentrating solar power research http://www.nrel.gov/csp/
NREL works with the solar industry to lower the cost of solar water heating systems. Laboratory researchers assist with prototype development of new polymer (plastic) systems through modeling and optimization, characterization of system performance, and accelerated testing of materials durability.
Solar Radiation Research
Optimal siting of solar energy systems requires knowledge of the solar resource characteristics at any given location. This unique research facility measures solar radiation and other meteorological data continuously and shares the information with government agencies, industry, academia, and international laboratories and agencies. These data are used for climate change studies, atmospheric research, renewable energy conversion system testing, and more.More about solar radiation research http://www.nrel.gov/solar_radiation/
|Address: 901 D. Street, S.W. Suite 930, Washington, D.C. 20024-2157|
|Phone : 202-488-2200|
|Email : http://www.nrel.gov/webmaster.html|
AEE Solar Training
AEE Solar assists its authorized solar installers and dealers in meeting the solar energy challenge with an expanding menu of professional solar training options and resources as detailed below
- Annual Solar Dealer Conference
- Regional Dealer Workshops
- Business Webinar Series
|Address : 775 Fiero Lane, Suite 200, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401|
|Phone : 800-777-6609, x4786|
|Email : email@example.com|
|Website : http://www.aeesolar.com/solar-training.html|
Lanier Technical College, Georgia
- Provides hands-on training and in-depth knowledge
- Classes focus on lectures and learning background technology
|Address : 2990 Landrum Education Drive, Oakwood, Gerogia 30566|
|Phone : 770-531-6300|
|Email/Contact : http://www.laniertech.edu/RequestInformation/RequestInformation.aspx|
| Website : http://www.laniertech.edu/
PROINSO Solar Training School
- Launched by the multinational PROINSO
- Collaboration with training schools in Italy, UK, Greece, France, Canada and US
- Offers certification courses to practice as an installer in US or Italy
- Seminars and training conferences will be held in different countries given by personnel from PROINSO
- Aimed at 1480 qualified installers integrated into PROINSO international network
|Address : Pol. Ind. Santos Justo y Pastor, s/n 31510 Fustiñana, Navarra|
|Phone : ( 34) 948 403 637|
|Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website : http://www.laniertech.edu/|
Summer 2011 Scholarship Course at University of Freiburg
- Organized in collaboration with the DAAD
- Course lasts an entire week
- Deals with solar technologies for rural electrification and enhancement of living standards in developing countries
- Program consists of lectures, workshops, group work and discussions
|Address : Zentrum für Erneuerbare Energien,Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg,Tennenbacher Straße 4,79106 Freiburg,Germany|
|Phone : ( 49) 761 203 3689|
|Email/Contact : email@example.com|
|Website : http://www.laniertech.edu/|
Kingston University, London, Renewable Energy Engineering
- PG course specialised in Renewable Energy Engineering
- Provides an in-depth knowledge of renewable energy systems design and development within an engineering environment
- Opportunity to choose a field of study in which to establish yourself as a specialist
- Advanced topics such as 3D solid modelling, virtual product design and simulation and Finite Element Analysis
|Address : Friars Avenue, London, SW15 3DW|
|Phone : ( 44) (0)20 8417 4863|
|Email/Contact : http://www.kingston.ac.uk/enquiries/21/postgraduate-engineering/|
|Website : http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/renewable-energy-engineering-msc/|
University of Nottingham, Renewable Energy and Architecture
- Modelling and Environmental Performance
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Solar Architecture for Different Regions
- Building Design in Different Climates
- Energy Efficient Systems
|Address : University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD|
|Phone : ( 44) (0)115 951 3882|
|Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website : http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/abe|
Loughborough University, Renewable Energy Systems Technology
- Delivered by international experts
- Study of the main renewable energy technologies, solar, wind, water and biomass
- Electrical integration of renewables and policy issues
- Also available as an online course
|Address : Loughborough University, Leicestershire, UK, LE11 3TU|
|Phone : ( 44) (0)1509 263171|
|Email/Contact : email@example.com|
| Website : http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/el/research/centres/crest/
Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences
Riso National Lab - Phd and Post doc projects and Research work
*Department of Energy Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Research aims to provide solutions to generate clean energy
- Develop energy systems to meet future energy demands
- Active in research areas such as solar thermal, solar PV and CSP
|Address : Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai - 400076, INDIA|
|Phone : ( 91)-22-2576-7890|
|Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website : http://www.ese.iitb.ac.in/|
*School of Energy Studies, Jadavpur University
- Co-ordinates activities in different departments for creation of energy awareness, advocacy and promotion of alternate energy
- Conducts R&D in renewable energy technologies
- Area of specialization is integrated energy systems
- 3-semester M.Tech course offered as well as shorter courses
|Address : 188 Raja S. C. Mullik Road, Kolkata - 700032|
|Phone : ( 91)-2414-6666 x2460|
|Email/Contact : email@example.com|
|Website : http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/view_department.php?deptid=137|
- Two year PG program includes courses in power, oil & gas, renewable energy and sustainability and environmental management
- Renewable energy course offers extensive exposure to wide array of renewable energy sources
- Discusses economics, opportunities, challenges associated with renewable energy technologies
| Address : 143-144, Udyog Vihar, Phase IV, Gurgaon, Haryana 122015
|Phone : ( 91)-124-4780010|
|Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website : http://www.iemr.in/|
*Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Offers courses in energy, ecology and environment, non conventional sources of energy, power from renewables & environmental impacts
- Teaches economics & financing of renewable energy systems
- Lectures on solar pv devices and systems, energy policy and planning, solar energy utilization, industrial and commercial applications of renewable energy sources
| Address : IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi - 110 016, INDIA
|Phone : ( 91)-11-2659-1701|
|Email/Contact : email@example.com|
|Website : http://www.iitd.ac.in/center/ces/index.html|
- M.Tech course on solar and alternative energy
- Includes solar thermal and other renewable energy sources, solar thermal conversion and storage, flat plate collectors and concentrators, organic PV etc
- Offers summer training courses
- Course on energy management related to renewable energy
- Design and engineering of solar PV and panels
| Address : Block E2, Amity University Campus, Sector 125, Noida 201303
|Phone : ( 91)-120-2445252|
| Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Website : http://www.amity.edu/default.asp|
Anna University Chennai, India
- Workshop and Seminars are conducted periodically on specific energy related topics to promote interaction and information exchange with various industries.
- Energy conservation and management
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Renewable energy systems
- Sustainable energy development and clean development mechanism
| Address : Anna University, Sardar Patel Road, Chennai 600025
|Phone : ( 91)-44-22351126|
| Email/Contact : -
|Website : http://www.annauniv.edu/EnergyStudies/course.html|
( Now, it is believed that they offer ME course in solar engineering. NO information is available as on 27/6/12)
- Courses targeted towards Engineers, Architects, Sales Professionals, graduate students and Business Entrepreneurs
- Courses tailored to expand knowledge in different segments such as advanced techincal training, market outlook and forecast, government policies, global outlook
- Introducing courses on solar industrial manufacturing by tying up with different industries
| Address : A-28/20 DLF Phase I, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122002
|Phone : ( 91)-124-2623057|
| Email/Contact : email@example.com
*National Open School:
- Solar energy technician training course available at New Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata
- Designed to train technicians to install, maintain and promote the uses of solar appliances such as solar cooker, solar water heater, solar PV pumps and solar PV lighting systems
- Course aims to give the student an understanding of the basic principles of operation and maintenance of solar technology
| Address : B-31B, Kailash Colony, New Delhi, India
|Phone : 1-800-1809393|
| Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Website : http://www.nios.ac.in|
* TERI University
M.A Sustainable Development Practice
- Address a critical gap in sustainable development education in a region where such capacity creation is most required
- Programme is designed based upon the recommendations of the global situation analysis of development training programmes
- Aims to develop an international cadre of development professionals, well-equipped to tackle, beyond cultural boundaries and across sectoral divisions, the interwoven challenges of extreme poverty, disease, climate change and ecosystem vulnerability specific to the region
- Strong cross-disciplinary cross-sectoral orientation and a practice focus
- Offers preparatory and midterm seminars and workshops on basic subjects like communication skills and advanced quantitative techniques to enable students from diverse backgrounds to cope with the intensive coursework
*M.A Public Policy and Sustainable Development
- Training in the politics andeconomics of public policy and in sophisticated methods and tools of analysis
- Provides knowledge of the substantive development issues at hand
- Curriculum on public policy formulation, analysis, evaluation, management, and links with development concerns
- Primarily aimed at mid-career civil servants of the central and state governments, it would also be open to those in non-governmental and corporate sectors as well as to graduates from India and other countries, who have a work experience of five years
* M.B.A in Infrastructure
- Provide specialized training in the concepts and skills involved in the infrastructure service delivery, regulatory process, and competition policy
- Helps the students understand regulation from technical, economic, social, legal and political perspectives
- Programme is open to both mid career professionals and fresh graduates
PGPM (Energy) Two-Year Post Graduate Program in Management (Energy) - PGPM (Energy)
The two-year Post Graduate Program in Management is Great Lakes IEMR’s flagship course, dedicated to developing the next generation of leadership. With a state-of-the-art curriculum delivered by experienced academicians and leading practitioners from the industry, the program combines
a) Core business education and managerial skill development
b) Practice in the application of skills in practical problem solving
c) Extensive interaction with industry through a unique set of activities and
d) Comprehensive knowledge in select domains in the Energy sector
Upon graduation, each student will be well prepared to take on responsibility and be productive from the outset.
The PGPM (Energy) focuses on developing management skills and business acumen though an extensive case-study based pedagogy simulating real-life decision-making. Apart from developing a strong appreciation of functional areas like Finance, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior and Strategy, the program also focuses on developing soft skills, emotional intelligence and leadership potential. The students can opt for functional specializations in 1.)Finance,2.) Marketing, 3.) Operations and 4.) Human Resources through sets of elective courses
Unique opportunity for domain specialization
The students of PGPM (Energy) have a unique opportunity to choose an area of specialization from among a set of fast growing industry domains both in India and globally. These areas offer exciting challenges and lucrative career opportunities to students, distinguishing them from other graduates. Based on interest and career aspirations, students can opt for domain specialization in the following areas Domain Specialization
- Power: In-depth knowledge of the business context, industry structure and challenges faced in the power sector including generation, transmission and distribution
- Oil & Gas: Comprehensive understanding of the key aspects of the domain including exploration, upstream and downstream businesses globally and in India
- Renewable Energy: Extensive exposure to the wide array of renewable energy sources, their associated economics, opportunities and challenges and their increasingly important role in meeting future energy needs
- Sustainability and Environmental Management: Detailed knowledge in the areas of energy efficiency and audits, demand side management, energy saving technologies and green development
- * M.Sc Climate Science and Policy
- Four-semester programme
- Imparts practical and theoretical knowledge in the scientific and policy issues relevant to climate change
- Programme brochure available here
* M.Sc Economics
- Environmental and Resource Economics, which is a new and exciting branch of economics, integrates the discipline of economics with environmental sciences
- Examines the application of economic theory to environmental and natural resource issues within an interdisciplinary setting
- Targeted to students wishing to become professional environment and resource economists in academia, government, corporations, international organisations
- Imbues high degree of technical ability and a solid understanding of economic theory
M.Sc Environmental Studies
- Programme designed by seamlessly integrating the concept of sustainable development into the curriculum in an inter-disciplinary framework
- Aims to train the students to develop a systems approach to solve environmental problems by equipping them with courses that provide conceptual knowledge of the changing environment, assessment tools like integrated impact assessment, environmental systems modelling, remote sensing and GIS and various courses emphasizing on waste minimisation and management techniques
- Emphasis on research and application
- Programme run by the Department of Natural Resources
- Educates students and professionals about project management, related law and policy apart from RS/ GIS/ GPS and modelling techniques
- Offers elective courses like landscape ecology, integrated impact assessment, environmental modelling, watershed management, and climate change to understand the interdisciplinary applications of this tool
M.Sc Natural Resource Management
- Addresses the growing need of professionals in the society, who can apply the best management practices drawn from various disciples for sustainability of a region
- Empowers the students for policy formulation and technical application in the area of forestry, ecology and biodiversity, industrial estates, and energy
M.Tech Renewable Energy Engineering and Management
- This programme is intended to provide renewable energy training and hence fill the much needed human resource capacity in renewable energy technologies and management
- Programme is designed to train students not only in renewable energy technologies and implementation but also in equally important areas of energy infrastructure, energy economics, energy conservation and energy-environment interface etc.
- Aims to prepare the students in theoretical as well as practical knowledge of renewable energy technologies and management
- Programme consists of core and elective courses taught during the first, second and third semesters. In the final semester, the students are required to take up a major project either in an industrial establishment or at a research/ consultancy organization dealing with renewable energy
| Address : Plot No. 10 Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110 070, India
|Phone : ( 91) (0)11 26122222, 26139110, 26139011|
| Email/Contact : email@example.com
|Website : http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/index.php|
*PDPU - School of Solar Energy
- Masters programme in Energy Systems and Technology
- Aimed at developing human resources for the requirement arising in the solar energy sector
- Contents of the course include
- Mathematical techniques
- Quantum Mechanics and Semiconductors
- Photovoltaic Science and Engineering
- Solar Thermal Engineering
- Semiconductor Processing and Characterization
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Modelling and Simulation
For more information on the course, visit this website.
Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB),
Energy, the essential resource behind every economic activity is intrinsically as well as extrinsically linked with nature in satisfying the world’s basic needs. The management of this bonded relationship between the energy sector and the ecological environment has become increasingly complex due to a paradigm shift in our perspective and outlook. These are global issues and have been a key feature in all recent global debates.
As an Institute of International Business, SIIB believes that strengthening one’s capacity and building it, in this emerging sector is critical. Therefore the Institute has taken this initiative to create young professionals who can be an asset to organizations in this crucial area: professionals whose importance will grow at an amazing pace in the years to come. OF SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Solkar Solar Industry Limited located in Nungambakkam and Ambattur in Chennai provide solar energy training in partnership with Eco Solar Technologies Pte Ltd, a Singapore based company. Primary objective of the training programme is to impart practical training and skill sets to individuals from a school drop out, retrenched adults to a masters in engineering by providing overall training in all aspects of a solar industry like marketing, purchasing, production, quality standards, site installations. These courses are also ideal for licensed contractors who wish to reposition their businesses to bring solar power to their communities.
For the course content visit:
Renewable Energy Centre Mithradam
Renewable Energy Centre Mithradam is a pilot NGO initiative for the propagation of renewable energy. It offers various solar international training programmes.
Rajasthan Barefoot college
Lucknow university MSc courses on Renewable Energy
|S. No.||Course||Subject||Department||Faculty||Duration|| Eligibility/
|Total Fees (Rs.)||Fee Modality||Refundable Caution Money||Fee at time of Admission for LU students||Fee at time of Admission for OU students||Number of Seats||Type of Course|
|1||M.Sc.||Renewable Energy||Physics||Science||4 Semester||B.Sc. In any combination with physics or electronics or BE/B.Tech||30625||Per Semester||30625||31375||5||Sponsored|
|2||M.Sc.||Renewable Energy||Physics||Science||4 Semester||B.Sc. In any combination with physics or electronics or BE/B.Tech||30625||Per Semester||30625||31375||25||Self Financed|
* IIT Bombay
M.Tech and PhD in Energy
The Department of Energy Science and Engineering offers graduates in mechanical, chemical, electrical engineering and other allied engineering disciplines an opportunity to specialize in the field of energy (leading to a M.Tech. or Ph.D. degree). The DESE is inter-disciplinary in nature and has the following areas of research:
Energy Efficiency / Improvements in Conventional Supply Systems
Renewable Energy Systems
The DESE faculty have developed strong linkages with government organizations like the Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, Department of Atomic Energy and several industrial organisations (like Forbes Marshall, Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission, International Energy Initiative). The Department of Energy Science and Engineering provides the facilities, atmosphere and experience that can help engineers and researchers to develop sustainable energy systems and solutions for the future.
Institute teaching assistantships are available at Rs. 8000/- per month. Fellowships from industry and the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board are available for higher amounts (Rs. 8,000-20,000 per month).
Institute teaching assistantships are at Rs. 12,000/- for candidates with M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent qualification & Rs. 14,000/- per month for candidates with M.Tech or equivalent qualification, with Rs.500 yearly increments as Institute Teaching Assistantships.
* IIT Delhi
M. Tech. Programmes [Interdisciplinary]
For Calling From Outside Add 2659 to the EPBEX Number
|Name of Deptt/Centre/School||Programmes||Coordinators||EPABX|
|Energy Studies||Prof. M.G. Dastidar
Energy and Environment Management Prof. M.G. Dastidar
* TEZPUR UNIVERSITY
M. Tech. in Energy Technology
The Department is offering two years AICTE approved M. Tech programme in Energy Technology from the year 2000. The Alumni of the department are working in organizations/Institutes like GE Energy, TERI, Winrock, TUV-Nord, Chennai, Mumbai, TUV-Rheinland, Pune, Siemens, Bangalore, SGS India, New Delhi, MNRE, Tezpur University, NERIST, SMIT, AMITY University, MANIT, Bhopal etc. Apart from that, the alumni are also doing PhD at IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, NUS, Singapore, NTU, Singapore, Heriot-Watt University, UK, Cardiff University, UK, Chubu University, Japan etc.
The main objectives of the course are:
B. E./ B. Tech./ AMIE or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation/ Chemical/ Agricultural Engineering/ Energy Engineering or M. Sc. in Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate. GATE qualified candidates will get preference.
Most of the colleges listed below do not have either under graduate courses or post graduate course in solar engineering. But they all provide in Masters Environmental engg or Sustainability management, Renewable energy, Energy management, Energy engineering, etc.,
They offer diploma courses, PG Diploma courses, PG courses etc.,
The post-graduate level of training offered by various universities and organizations are detailed below:
1. M Sc (Renewable Energy), Department of Physics, University of Lucknow, Lucknow(www.lkouniv.ac.in).
2. M Sc (Physics, Energy Studies), Department of Pure and Applied Physics, University of Kota, Kota(www.uok.ac.in).
3. M Tech (Energy Studies), School of Energy Studies, Department of Physics, University of Pune, Pune (www.unipune.ernet.in).
4. Interdisciplinary M Tech (Energy Studies) and Interdisciplinary M Tech (Energy & Environment Management) School of Energy Studies, IIT, Delhi (www.iitd.ac.in).
5. M Tech (Energy Management) and M Phil (Energy and Environment), School of Energy and Environmental Studies, Devi Ahilya University, Indore (www.seec.dauniv.ac.in).
6. M Tech (Energy Technology), Department of Energy, Tezpur University, Tezpur (www.tezu.ernet.in).
7. M Tech (Energy Science and Engineering), Department of Energy Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (www.iitb.ac.in).
8. M Tech (Energy & Environmental Engineering), VIT University,Vellore (www.vit.ac.in).
9. M Tech (Energy Engineering), National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (www.nitt.edu).
10. M Tech (Energy Management), Mechanical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Calicut(www.nitc.ac.in).
11. M Tech (Energy Technology and Environment Management), School of Energy and Environment Management, Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
12. M Tech (Energy Engineering), Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (www.manit.ac.in).
13. M Tech (Renewable Energy Engineering and Management) and PG Diploma (Renewable Energy)*, TERIUniversity, New Delhi (www.teriuniversity.ac.in).
14. M Tech (Energy Science and Technology) and Certificate (Energy Management and Audit)*,Jadavpur University, Jadavpur (www.jadavpur.edu).
15. M Tech (Energy Management) and PG Diploma (Renewable Energy), Allahabad Agricultural Institute (DeemedUniversity), Allahabad (www.aaidu.org).
16. M Phil (Energy), Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram (www.ruraluniv.ac.in).
17. M Phil (Energy), Centre for Non-Conventional Energy Resources, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (www.uniraj.ernet.in).
18. M E (Energy Engineering), Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore (www.kct.ac.in).
19. PG Diploma (Energy Management)*, Centre for Distance Education, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad(www.uohyd.ernet.in).
20. PG Diploma (Electrical Energy Management and Energy Audit) and Diploma (Energy Engineering)*, AnnamalaiUniversity, Chennai (www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in).
http://www.kitcoek.org/academics.htm Environmental engineering
http://www.pescemandya.org/pes_pg.php Environmental Engineering
http://www.pct.ac.in/ Coimbatore, TN, Environmental Engineering
http://www.gecsurat.com/ Surat Environmental Engineering
http://www.gbu.ac.in/ Greater Noida , Environmental Engineering
http://www.bietjhs.ac.in/ Jhansi, UP, Environmental Engineering
www.gjust.ac.in Hissar, Haryana "
www.karunya.edu Coimbatore, TN "
http://www.karunya.edu/academics/pg_degrees.html Renewable Energy Technologies
http://www.rtu.ac.in/academics/courses.php Environmental Engineering
http://www.bvb.edu/content/admission-graduate-courses Energy systems engineering
Tamilnadu Agricultural University
University of Kota http://www.uok.ac.in
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirapally
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut
Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Allahabad Agricultural Institute
The Gandhigram Rural Institute - Deemed University
University of Rajasthan
Kumaraguru College of Technology
University of Hyderabad http://www.uohyd.ac.in/
Sardar Patel Renewable Energy Research Institute http://www.spreri.org/ongoingactivities.htm
Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering, Research and Tecchnology http://www.rcert.ac.in
PSG College of Technology http://www.psgtech.edu/department/energy/contact.html
Malaviya National Institute of Technology http://www.mnit.ac.in
Gyan Vihar School of Engineering and Technology http://www.gyanvihar.org
Maland College of Engineering
National Engineering College http://www.nec.edu.in/admission-courses.php
Government Engineering College
BV Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering & Technology
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Rajasthan Technical University
Periyar Maniammai University
Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology
Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering & Technology
Gautham Buddha University
Government Engineering College, Surat (GEC-S)
Park College of Technology
PES College of Engineering
Kolhapur Institute of Technology's College of Engineering, Kolhapur http://www.kitcoek.org/
Ramavarmapuram Engineering College
Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering Technology
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (SVNIT S) http://www.svnit.ac.in/
Poojya Doddappa Appa College of Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College (JNEC) http://www.jnec.org/
National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (NIT D) http://www.nitdgp.ac.in/
Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering
L.D.College of Engineering, Ahmedabad (LDC-A)
Delhi College of Engineering (DCE)
University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore (UVCE B)
GH Raisoni College Of Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University College of Engineering
Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology (CCET)
Andhra University College of Engineering
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (MNNIT A)
Jabalpur Engineering College
Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
Hindustan College of Science & Technology, Mathura
Basaveshwar Engineering College
Raipur Institute of Technology (RITEE)
Sastra University, Thanjavur (SU-T)
B.M.S Evening College Of Engineering - Bangalore
Government College of Technology, Coimbatore (GCT-C)
PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga (PDACE)
Vinayaka Mission's Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College, Salem (VMKVEC)
SRM University-Virtual Education
Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College, Vallabh Vidyanagr (BVMEC-VV)
Online and Distance Learning (diploma courses)
Online Course at ASU
- Well structured course for renewable energy students.
- Course leads the student to observe, note and understand thec urrent market trends in solar energy globally
- Online course is a global class offering students to form teams on their preferred geographical area of interest
- Serves as an upper level in-depth study of the use of solar energy in global society
Boots on the Roof – Master Certificate in Renewable Energy
- Designed for professionals who are intersted in mastering the business of renewable energy
- Course is designed to educate the user with various technologies such as Solar PV, Solar thermal, Wind energy, home energy retrofit and commercial solar
- Includes 3 training boot camps which provide critical job placement
|Commercial Photovoltaic (PV) Courses|
|Residential Photovoltaic (PV) Courses|
Precio regular: $1,950.00 Descuentos disponibles
Regular Price: $1,950.00 Discounts available
Regular price: $1950.00
Regular Price: $950.00
Regular Price: $495.00 Discounts available
Regular price: $950.00 Discounts available
Regular price: $1,750.00 Discounts available
Regular Price: $3,600.00
Regular Price: $295.00
A comprehensive introduction to solar PV power and industry.
Regular Price: $60.00
Practice for the NABCEP exam with technical questions and in-depth conceptual explanations.
Regular Price: FREE
Get familiar with solar energy and Infinite Solar Online's learning module system before you begin PVO 101.
Distance MBA renewables from Beuth University of Applied Sciences
- Organized in cooperation with the department of Business Administration and Social Sciences and Renewables Academy AG
- Focuses on renewable energy and partly on energy efficiency
- Programme includes specific economic, technical, legal, political and organizational knowledge tailored to specific needs of renewable energy branches
- Provides advanced interdisciplinary skills necessary for working in executive positions
- Designed to equip the student with modern management skills
TERI University, (Advanced) PG Diploma in Renewable Energy
- Suitable for working professionals, fresh graduates from a range of engineering and related disciplines
- Programme designed to meet the needs of renewable energy industry in India and abroad
- Two courses offered, PG Diploma and Advanced PG Diploma in Renewable Energy
PG Diploma in Renewable Energy
- One year distance learning programme
- Study of the world's existing energy infrastructure
- Classes on fossil fuel reserves, their consumption rates as well as their impact on the environment
- Basic engineering principles of energy conversion and management
- Lectures on policies of different ministries dealing with coal, oil and gas, nuclear, hydro, renewables etc
Advanced PG Diploma in Renewable Energy
- Two year distance learning programme
- Energy Infrastructure
- Environmental and Health Impact of Energy Use
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Reneawble Energy Sources
- Solar Thermal, Solar PV and Passive Solar Architecture
MIT School of Distance Education, Energy Mgt and Audit
- Energy Scenario
- Basics of Energy and its Various Forms
- Energy Management and Audit
- Material and Energy Balance
Centre for Green Energy Technology Programmes Offered
M.Tech. Green Energy Technology
* Renewable energy for the developing world - Online Course
Course Description: This workshop explores different applications for renewable energy technologies in developing countries. Participants will learn how to successfully accomplish sustainable development projects with renewable energy. Effective technology transfer methods will be presented, as well as setting up infrastructure and the economics and financing of renewable energy projects. Case studies will be presented on solar cooking, rural household electrification, appropriate building technologies, rural health care and micro-enterprises utilizing renewable energy.http://www.solarenergy.org/workshop/renewable-energy-developing-world-online
Indian solar energy Training and Education
This is a clear opportunity area for businessmen in India to start giving training / education in solar energy. Looking at the various courses offered by the other universities both in India and abroad would provide you with an idea of the content and how to design the solar energy education course.
MNRE predicts that India will need 100,000 trained personnel will be required in the coming decade to work in the solar energy field. This number seems substantially low as even the wind energy sector with highly trained professionals and large resources available requires over 80,000 people over the next 5 years.
Making the right choice
Substantial time and effort has to be invested in order to go over to the various solar training provider. They should also be selective enough to choose the one which can give you good quality training while ensuring it is worth the money invested in it.
Care must be taken to ensure that courses offered are of high quality and is constantly updated with current trends in the solar energy industry. Care must also be taken to ensure that the course is recognized by the various governing bodies in India who are the premier authority in regards to solar energy.
- MNRE - Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India
- NABCEP - North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners
- IREC - Interstate Renewable Energy Council
Elements of a solar energy Course
At the very basic level, the solar training elements include the design features of the solar panels, the solar panels installation and safety related issues.
The chief goal of solar training is to present the idea of solar paneling and thus, to teach and train individuals in the different scientific and methodological features which are a part of solar panel training.
Integration with current curriculum
Since the nature of the energy system itself is likely to change in the future it is essential that renewable energy be integrated into the traditional engineering curriculum.
Draft Model prepared for MNES (Banerjee, 2003) provides two alternative modules to be integrated as lectures in existing courses.
- Module 1 - Compulsory/core of 20 hours followed by an elective (full course) related to renewable. (Wind/Solar/Waste to Energy etc…)
- Module 2 - Compulsory course on Renewable Energy (40 hours of lectures experiments)
Promoting Renewable Energy Education
There currently exists a kind of brain drain that leads to qualified students and professionals getting into other sectors such as Information technology or conventional energy sectors. This leads to the lack of availability of qualified renewable energy engineers within the sector.
A course in Environmental studies has been mandated for all Engineering students based on a Supreme Court judgment. MNES should initiate discussions with UGC / AICTE / IITs / MHRD to facilitate the integration of renewable energy in the engineering/science curriculum.
A team comprising of members from the renewable energy industry, academia and government should identify the requirements for certificate / diploma modules and use the existing institutions IITs, TERI, NITs as content providers.
School Education - In the case of school education a number of solar toys, renewable kits and solar trailers could be designed and disseminated in schools. As an example, solar powered computers are currently being tested by children in Indian villages. Workshops for training teachers should be carried out in each region. The different boards ICSE/KV/SSC should be approached to effectively implement this.
An example of how a class syllabus can be designed to accomodate solar energy can be found here
Web-based Module - There is significant potential in exploiting web-enabled education (e.g. Centre for Distance Education Programme at IIT Bombay) and Distance education through relay of a live classroom (e.g. IIT Bombay’s KRESITs Distance education programme through VSAT linked to remote centers in Pune, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Indore, Goa…). Video recordings of different modules can be prepared and made available via the web. This can be supplemented by classroom teaching and can provide flexibility of learning for working professionals.
As the renewable energy sector tends to grow and develop at a very fast pace an inhouse training program of sorts should be run in many institutions so as to keep the employees updated with the current trends.
Some of the institutions in the energy sector may need to impart training to existing employees to enable them to deal with renewable energy systems e.g. a State Electricity Board may need to train its engineers to deal with Wind generators, Grid connected Solar PV.Nonenergy companies (e.g. traditional manufacturing industry) may need exposure to renewable energy systems in order for them to exploit the potential for solar heating, energy from waste, renewable electricity.
Details of Renewable energy training and education carried out by companies can be found here
Research Centres and R&D Projects Form Part of the Education Scene. Adequate emphasis has to be given to R&D centers and they help to not only impart education to locals but also help in building up indigenous technology which would have monetary benefits. Some of the research centers in India include
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
TERI was formally established in 1974 with the purpose of tackling and dealing with the immense and acute problems that mankind is likely to be faced with in the years ahead. on account of the gradual depletion of the earth’s finite energy resources which are largely non-renewable.
The Solar Energy Centre (SEC)
The Solar Energy Centre (SEC), established in 1982, is a dedicated unit of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India for development of solar energy technologies and to promote its applications through product development.
Centre for Renewable Energy and Environment Development (CREED)
The objectives of the centre are to
- Conceive, develop, and implement renewable energy application and environment protection projects
- Develop courses and organize awareness creation programs
- Collaborate with national and international organizations and institutions in the areas of renewable energy education, training and technology development.The centre is presently collaborating with MNES, IREDA, REDA, ARTES Institute, of Flensburg University, Germany, and CEER of SPIC Science Foundation, Chennai.
Auroville Centre for Scientific Research (CSR)
Auroville Centre for Scientific Research (CSR) is an international voluntary organization working towards a sustainable future in the field of renewable energy systems (wind, solar, biomass), appropriate architecture & building technologies, waste water recycling and sanitation, and the transfer of these technologies through training programs. CSR receives grants and donations for its programmes and research projects from Indian and foreign governmental and non-governmental agencies, and from well-wishers worldwide.
TRA International Limited is a leading technical advisory engineering consultancy specializing in solar energy. TRA International is a leading solar training and consulting firm focused on solar power. TRA's advisory and training services provide cutting-edge solar intelligence and analysis to some of the most highly regarded companies in India. TRA is headquartered in New Delhi.
TRA signed MOU with Appolo Group of imparting solar Education across India through "Appolo skill enhancement institute". TRA tied up with Sharda University for solar training, industry-academia research and consulting.
Solar Energy Society of India (SESI)
SESI was established in 1976 and is the Indian Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES).Its interests cover all aspects of renewable energy, including characteristics, effects and methods of use, and it provides a common ground to all those concerned with the nature and utilization of this renewable non-polluting resource.
The Society is interdisciplinary in nature, with most of the leading energy researchers and manufacturers of renewable energy systems and devices of the country as its members. High academic attainments are not a prerequisite for membership and any person engaged in research, development or utilization of renewable energy or in fields related to renewable energy and interested in the promotion of renewable energy utilization can become a member of the society.
| Address : A-14 Mohan Cooperative, Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110044
|Phone : ( 91)-11-65649864|
| Email/Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Website : http://www.annauniv.edu/EnergyStudies/course.html|
University of Exeter - BSc Renewable Energy.University of Nottingham - MSc Electrical Technology for Sustainable and Renewable Energy SystemsCranfield University - Offshore Renewable Energy (MSc/MTech/PgDip/PgCert).Cranfield University - MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering.Cranfield University - MSc in Carbon Capture and TransportDe Montford University - Green Energy Technology: BSc Honours. 3 years full time or 4 years sandwich course with a placement year in industry.University of Glamorgan - MSc Renewable Energy and Resource Managment.Heriot-Watt University - MSc/Diploma/Certificate in Renewable Energy Engineering.University of Reading - MSc/PgDip in Renewable Energy: Technology and Sustainability.University of Ulster - Postgraduate Diploma / MSc in Renewable Energy and Energy Management.Durham University - MSc New and Renewable Energy.University of Leeds - MSc (Eng) Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems. Of particular interest is the module PREN5440M - Renewable Sources of Energy.Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology - Modular MSc Renewable Energy Systems (Loughborough University). Course available via distance learning.University of Edinburgh - BEng/MEng Mechanical Engineering with Renewable Energy.Edinburgh Napier University - MSc Renewable Energy (full-time), or the same course part time.Glyndwr University North East Wales Institute of Higher Education - BEng Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies, FdEng Renewable Energy Systems.Centre for Alternative Technology - MSc Renewable Energy and the Built Environment.Newcastle University - MSc Renewable EnergyCornwall College (in partnership with University of Plymouth) - FdSc Renewable Energy Technologies.University of Surrey - Renewable Energy Systems Engineering MSc. Harwick renewables training
A 3 day training in UK
- 3 days training and assessment
- Small class size (max 8)
- Recognised Solar PV qualification
- Open to Full Scope qualified Electricians
- Minimum pre-requisite qualifications essential - Qualified Electricians with 17th Edition or Part P Full Scope (or equivalent) & 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- On and off grid
- Friendly training staff with a minimum of 20 years electrical experience each
- No extra charges for reassessment or extra training source
Alternative Energy Institute - Online course on solar energy and wind energy
Boston University - MSc Energy & Environmental Studies, Environmental Remote Sensing & Geographic Information Systems
Ecotech Institute - Courses in Energy Efficiency, Environmental Paralegal, Environmental Technology, Renewable Energy Technology
Humboldt State University - UG programmes in Environmental Resources Engineering (ERE)
John Brown University - UG course with a major in Renewable Energy
Linn State Technical College - Degree programmes in Energy Efficiency w.r.t. heavy machinery, HVAC etc
Oregon Institute of Technology - MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey - UG programme in Energy Studies
San Juan College - A.A.S Degree in Renewable Energy
Sonoma State University - UG in Energy Management and Design
Southern Methodist University - MSc in Geophysics, Geochemsitry and Geothermal Energy
Stanford University - MSc in Energy Resources Engineering
University of California—Berkeley - MSc in Energy and Resources
University of California—Davis - MSc in Energy Efficiency
University of California—Riverside - BSc in Geology, Geophysics and BA in Geoscience Education
University of Delaware - MSc in Solar Cell Technology
University of Illinois - MS in Natural Resources, Energy and Sustainability Engineering
University of Massachusetts - MSc in ECo
University of Montana - MSc in Energy Technology
solar.tennessee.edu/ www.tennessee.edu Solar education
Delft University: Wind Energy Research Institute, Netherlands - MSc in Energy and Environment
Keilir—Atlantic Center of Excellence, Iceland - BSc in Energetic and Mechatronics
REYST - Reykjavik Energy Graduate School of Sustainable Systems, Iceland - MSc in Sustainable Energy Resources
School for Renewable Energy Science, Iceland - MSc in Renewable Energy Science
Sweden Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden - MSc in Sustainable Energy Engineering
University of Ulster - PgDip/MSc in Hydrogen Safety Engineering
- Delivers high-quality technical training
- Creative and innovative trainers with industry experience
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations
- Personalized service and support
- Flexible training methods and schedules
Everblue Training Institute, USA - provides training in
- Solar PV Associate
- Solar PV Installer
- Solar PV Contractor
- Solar Thermal
Marylhurst University - MBA in Sustainable Business
North Carolina Solar Center, USA - Diploma courses in
- Basics of Business and Technology of Solar Thermal
- Renewable Electricity Generation with Photovoltaics
- Renewable Electricity Generation with Small Wind Systems
- Designing and Building a Sustainable Home or Small Building
- Designing and Building a Sustainable Commercial Building
Virginia Tech - online course in alternative energy systems including photovoltaics
Other courses you may interested in
Building professionals can complete a 40-hour solar PV cell training course online or in person, over the course of 5 or 6 days. The Charlotte solar cell training course culminates in taking the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) exam, created by the self-proclaimed gold standard authority for solar PV professionals. Any home improvement professional, including contractors, engineers, and architects, would be wise to add solar cell certification to his or her credentials. http://solarcelltraining.com/charlotte-solar-cell-training.html
MaltaThe University of Malta’s Institute for Sustainable Energy is once again offering three different courses aimed at training solar installers, engineers and architects in the fields of solar heating and solar photovoltaic (PV) system installations (single and three phase systems).http://www.di-ve.com/Default.aspx?ID=71&Action=1&NewsId=87994
Chicago solar training courses are the only way to get a foothold in the emerging solar heating market. In Chicago, the benefits of a solar heating system are undeniable when you consider just how frigid the air can get in the winter months. http://solarheatingtraining.com/what’s-hot-chicago-solar-heating-training.html
Bachelors degree ECO Energy- Univ of Applied Science Upper Austria
Riso National Lab - Phd and Post doc projects and Research work
MSc Wind energy -Techical Univ of Denmark
MSc Sustainable Energy Engineering -Alaborg Univ
MSc Renewable Energy - University of Oldenburg
Training course- International Solar School Berlin
Msc Sustainaable Energy supply- Technical University Cottbus
Msc Renewable energy- University of Applied Science HAW Hamburg
and many more for Bachelors
Msc Sustainable Energy Systems- Lulea Univ of Technology, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
|Mini Solar building kits teach children the benefits of solar energy while they create a toy that is both fun to play with and requires no batteries. Newest member of this popular line is the 6 in 1 Educational Solar Kit, an excellent beginner building kit designed to teach how solar power is used to drive a small motor. Children use the 21 snap together parts (no tools required) to build six different working models including an airboat, windmill, puppy, and two different planes.
SPECIFICATIONSSolar Panel Output75mA
Assembled Size ( L x W x H / mm)airboatï¼š121 x 61 x 86
windmillï¼š154x 153 x239
puppyï¼š68 x 46 x 64
carï¼š70 x 54 x 34
planeï¼š154 x 61 x 94
revolving planeï¼š218 x 61 x 166
Unit Weight (g)
Total weightï¼š202.66 (including box & manual)
revolving planeï¼š44.72 Solar Cell Life (yrs) 3-5 Motor
12000 rpm / DC 1.2V Power Consumption (mA)airboatï¼š30
revolving planeï¼š20 Tool needed Diagonal Cutter
This is a solar energy education kit and it can be useful for kids. Kids will learn faster.
As the future is going to be renewable energy , it is better to impart knowledge on solar energy to kids.
Subscribe to Our EAI Daily
EAI Daily is India's Most Read Online Newsletter for Renewable Energy. We have 25,000 members and counting. Have You Subscribed to it Yet? It's FREE. Subscribe Now