Here's our next edition of EAI Newsletter. For more news items and updates, visit our blog @ http://www.eai.in/blog and our forum @ http://www.eai.in/forum
EAI - India Solar PV Advisor
The India Solar PV Advisor is the most detailed intelligence report for the Indian solar PV industry. Compiled by a team of consultants and professionals who have been interacting with the solar energy industry, it comprises the collective intelligence of over 50 experts and industry stakeholders.The report is specifically targetted at prospective solar PV developers and investors.
The report has been updated in July and now comprises the latest data and insights that will be invaluable for those keen on exploring this exciting sector. The report also comes with free additional research support from the EAI team and access to the subsequent three updates at no additional cost.
To know more about the report and to download a free preview, please see here - http://www.eai.in/ref/reports/solar.html, or talk to Narasimhan Santhanam @ +91 - 98413-48117, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Off-grid Solar PV Systems
While the guidelines for grid connected solar power projects have been in the limelight, there are some guidelines for Off-grid and decentralised solar applications that make for interesting reading. It is worthwhile to go through the implementation arrangements mentioned in the guidelines.
Some of the highlights of the proposed implementation are
1. The Scheme would be implemented through multiple channel partners for rapid up-scaling in an inclusive mode. It is envisaged that these channel partners would enable significant reduction in transaction cost and time, since without these arrangements, individuals and small groups of clients may not be in a position to access the provisions of the scheme.
The Channel partners are :
- Renewable Energy Service Providing Companies (RESCOs)
- Financial Institutions including microfinance institutions acting as Aggregators
- Financial Integrators
- System Integrators
- Programme Administrators
2. MNRE proposes to accredit the channel partners using the following parameters:
- Net Worth
- Technical capability for carrying out services which would include site selection, feasibility study, design, value engineering, cost optimization, time scheduling, procurement, installation/commissioning and O&M functions
- Credit rating, if any
- Track record
- Tie-ups with equipment providers.
3. The accreditation process would categorize the various entities into grades which would determine the quantum of work , in terms of financial limits that channel partners could under take. This accreditation process would also enable inclusion of start ups with the requisite technical and installation skills. There would be a provision for upgradation and downgradation commensurate with their performance in implementing projects under this Scheme. Reputed rating agencies would be involved by the Ministry.
4. An opportunity would be provided for young entrepreneurs to participate as channel partners in order to tap their creative potential as innovators. Separate templates on eligibility of different channel partners would be evolved.
Hopefully, the intention of the Government to encourage young entrepreneurs will yield rich dividends in the long run.
EAI - Energy Alternatives India @ www.eai.in
Green Energy World Expo 2010
We had mentioned in the past, about EAI , being the media partner for the Green Energy World Expo 2010 that is slated to happen from the 14th to the 16th of Octorber 2010.
It is an expo on Green Environment for future protection. The program's thrust would be placed on green building and sustainable energy solutions, in addition to the main exhibit profile of air quality, energy efficiency & energy, waste management & recycling, eco - friendly products and renewable energy.
The scope of the visitors would include
- Government policy makers, urban planners & related NGOs;
- Manufacturers, Designers, Engineers looking for eco-friendly solution to their production;
- Chain store, Retailers, Courier Companies looking for eco - friendly packaging materials;
- Land Developers looking for ecological landscape & construction designs;
- Consulting Engineers, Architects & Surveyors;
- Cleaning Companies , Management Companies and Corporate Executives.
If you feel connecting with these groups would be beneficial to your business and wish to participate in the expo, you may contact Pooja on 96199 13130. The stalls that are available for the expo vary in size from 9 Sq. Mtrs all the way upto 144 Sq. Mtrs. They are priced at Rs. 9000/- per Sq. Mtr. for national participants, further details may be had from Pooja.