The Indian Electric Vehicle Industry could cumulatively add about $300 billion by 2030 (Rs 20,00,000 crores), according to NITI Aayog. This is a massive opportunity for a wide range of Indian businesses – both large and small, and in all main value chain sectors – manufacturing, trading and services.
Adding to this business potential is a significant thrust on electric mobility by the Indian government and a favourable market condition. EV sector will soon become an inevitable force in the auto market.
If you are a company/an entrepreneur keen to enter this booming sector, EAI’s India Electric Vehicles Expert Guide could be your most valuable first step towards success in your EV business.
3 Key Questions Answered by India EV Expert Guide
Is EV an attractive sector to enter, based on fundamentals?
Is it an attractive sector to enter for my business, given our profile, aspirations and background?
How best can my business enter this sector?
Who is it for?
- Entrepreneurs, small business and startups keen on benefitting from the EV opportunities
- Established companies keen on diversifying to manufacturing or providing solutions for the upcoming EV sector
- Researchers & academics wishing to contribute to technological innovation for the EVs of the future
- Financial and strategic investors keen to have a play in the EV sector
Wide Spectrum of Opportunities for Key Stake Holders in the following segments
Key Highlights of EAI’s India EV Expert Guide
India EV Expert Guide enables decision making through clear insights on following key aspects:
- Market Understanding: In-depth analysis of the Indian electric vehicles market with current trends and future estimations
- Opportunity Analyses: The EV market encompasses a large opportunity spectrum including Component and OEM manufacturing, Marketing and trading services including distributorships and franchisees. India EV Expert Guide provides clarity on key opportunities along the entire EV Value Chain.
- Policy Understanding: India EV Expert Guide analyses key policies under EV space such as NEMMP 2020, FAME Scheme other evolving policies, and their impacts on the overall commercial feasibility for new entrants.
Why you should buy India EV Expert Guide?
- Business Oriented: It answers the most critical questions that entrepreneurs, investors and businesses have before investing in Electric vehicles industry
- Focus: It is only guide available in the country which provides exclusive insights and intelligence about the various EV business opportunities
- Written by Experts: Developed by EAI’s EV team which provides insights & recommendations on short term opportunities and enabling action points with strategic perspectives for the long term
- Actionable Insights and Intelligence, not just Information: Compiled by EV experts, India EV Expert Guide is the first report that provides in-depth analysis and insights on this important field. It uses innumerable data and information from a wide variety of expert sources and market studies, and distills these inputs and data into intelligence and an actionable roadmap that you can use.
|Sanjay Agarwal, Founder - SP Motors, Hyderabad & Kolkata||A very useful Guide. Found the insights very useful for someone like me to understand EV value chain and the opportunities along it.|
|MuraliKrishna, Managing Director - Vikram Automotives, Bengaluru||It’s a very insightful and easy to understand the opportunities in Indian EV market. Written in a way that is highly helpful for entrepreneurs to take strategic business decisions.|
|Rahul Nair, Report Buyer,
|I'm looking to enter into the EV sector. I found the India EV Expert Guide very useful and I would recommend to anyone keen on understanding the industry from a strategic and investment perspective.|
|Navin Kumar - Wheels India, Chennai||EV business opportunities and challenges are explained very well and is easily understandable. Highly recommended if you are planning to start EV Business - whether you are a large corporate or a small firm.|
|Akash Sharma, Electrical Engineer, NCR (Noida)||I am planning to quit my job as a senior engineer and venture into the fast growing EV industry. I found the guide very useful, especially because I am a looking to understand how the EV market will grow in India and the prospects of business opportunities in this field for first generation entrepreneurs like me.|
Over 450 industry professionals have purchased and benefited from India EV Expert Guide.
Some of the prominent companies are:
|Accenture India||Hero Electric||L&T|
|Amara Raja Batteries||Hindustan Motors||Lucas TVS|
|Apollo Tyres||Hyundai Motor Co||Mahindra Electric|
|Ashok Leyland||IBM||Maruti Suzuki|
|Cap Gemini India||IISC Bengaluru||Rane Group|
|Eveready India||IIT Mumbai||Sona Koyo|
|Gamesa||Indian Energy Storage Alliance||Tata Motors|
|General Electric||Indian Oil Corporation||Tech Mahindra|
|GMR Group||Infosys||Wheels India|
|Greenpeace||ISB Hyderabad||See More|
Our EV Knowledge Partners
Also Available in the EV Expert guide - Latest EVs Showcased @ AUTO EXPO 2018
Latest details and specifications for over 50 electric vehicles, across vehicle types. All inputs collected from the latest Auto Expo show in Delhi.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1: Background of Indian Electric Vehicle Industry
SECTION 2: Electric Vehicles – Types & Value Chain
- 3.1 Battery
- 3.1.1 Key Technology Difference between Batteries of 2, 3 &4 Wheelers
- 3.2 Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- 3.3 Motor
- 3.4 Cooling Systems
- 3.5 Description of Transmission System of Electric Vehicle
- 3.6 Components of EV Charging Infrastructure
- 4.1 Electric Vehicles Supply Chain – Global
- 4.1.1 Main Suppliers of Key Components To Tesla, Toyota Prius, Nissan Leaf
- 4.1.2 World’s Leading Suppliers of:
- a. Li ion batteries for EVs
- b. Battery management systems
- c. Electric motors for EVs – for 2, 3 and 4 wheelers
- d. Transmission systems for EVs
- 4.1.3 Suppliers of EV Charging Infrastructure Worldwide
- 4.1.4 Suppliers of the Main Components of an EV Charging Infrastructure
- 4.2 Electric Vehicles Supply Chain - India
- 4.2.1 EV Component Manufacturers
- 4.2.2 Major & Chinese Suppliers of Key EV Components to Top Indian OEMs
- 4.2.3 Role of Key Indian Battery Makers – Exide and Amara Raja for Indian EV Sector
- 4.2.4 Suppliers of EV Charging Infrastructure in India
- 4.2.5 Main Suppliers of Electric Motor to the Indian EV Industry
- 5.1 By Vehicle Type/No. of Wheels
- 5.2 By Type of Electrification
- 5.3 Specifications for EVs
- 6.1 Cost of Li-ion and Lead Acid Batteries
- 6.2 Costs for Setting up an EV Charging Infrastructure
- 6.3 A section on how EV costs have trended in the last 5 years, and what components’ costs have led to these changes
- 7.1 Current and Expected Market Sizes of Electric Vehicles - India
- 7.1.1 Key Drivers Propelling This Industry
- 7.1.2 Key constraints that could prove to be growth bottlenecks, and how serious are these constraints
- 7.1.3 Expected CAGR and Future Market Estimates – India
- 7.1.4 Business Case for Electric Vehicle Market in India
- 7.1.5 Trends in Sales of Major Indian EV OEMs and their Future Predictions
- 7.1.6 Current Status of Companies investing in EV and the rationale behind the Investment
- 7.2 Current and Expected Market Sizes of Electric Vehicles - Global
- 7.2.1 Key Market Segments & their Growth in the Next 5 Years
- 7.3 Inference on the current investment attractiveness for the Indian EV sector?
- 7.3.1 Operational Attractiveness
- 7.3.2 Strategic Attractiveness
- 7.3.3 Attractiveness Under Different Scenarios, Based on Different Values for the Key Parameters
- 8.1 Other Partnerships, Funding & Joint Venture in EV
- 9.1 Global Emerging Technologies and Innovations in EV Industry
- 9.2 Emerging Innovations in Battery Management Systems
- 9.3 Disruptive Innovations and Applications Boost Battery Management Systems Market
- 9.4 Emerging Innovations in EV Batteries
- 9.5 EV Research in Top Indian Colleges
- 9.6 Innovations by Indian Startups
- 10.1 Two Wheelers
- 10.2 Three Wheelers
- 10.3 Four Wheelers
- 10.4 Other Updates
- 1. EV Component Suppliers for Tesla
- 2. EV Component Suppliers for Toyota
- 3. Global Battery Manufacturers
- 4. EV Component Manufacturers
- 5. FAQs in EV Industry