SELCO Solar Pvt. Ltd, a social enterprise established in 1995, provides sustainable energy solutions and services to under-served households and businesses. It was conceived in an effort to dispel three myths associated with sustainable technology and the rural sector as a target customer base:
1) Poor people cannot afford sustainable technologies;
2) Poor people cannot maintain sustainable technologies;
3) Social ventures cannot be run as commercial entities.
SELCO aims to empower its customer by providing a complete package of product, service and consumer financing through grameena banks, cooperative societies, commerical banks and micro-finance institutions.
SELCO’s key features:
* Creating products based on end user needs: going beyond just being a technology supplier but customizing our products based on individual needs.
* Installation and after-sales service: dedicating regional energy service centers to ensure prompt maintenance and service.
* Standardized financing packages: creating channels for end users to afford systems based on their cash flow.
SELCO currently employs about 140 employees in Karnataka and Gujarat spread across 21 energy service centers. Since 1995, we have sold, serviced and financed over 95,000 solar systems to our customers.
Interesting company. Web site
Just in case you are interested in knowing how to tap solar power for your home or factory, visit Solar Mango that provides comprehensive details on how to use solar for decentralised power generation from rooftops and also provides details on the cost of generating solar power from rooftops.