When all is said and done, more is said than done when it comes to sustainability. Why are we at this state of affairs despite the myriad awareness campaigns from both the public and private sector?
Awareness is not enough
We at EAI came to realise that awareness is necessary but not sufficient to cause widespread change in habits and lifestyle. Experiencing the length and breadth of practical sustainable options before us is vital to increasing the adoption of green products and practices by society.
We also realised that different segments of society need different inputs on how they can go green. The needs of adults, who make the consumption decisions in their families, are different from the needs of students, and school students have different needs than college students.
- Drive sustainable change for children and youth – When battling for the future of the planet it is vital to engage the next generation as they are the future. Not only are they more curious and open to knowledge, their habits and lifestyles are not yet set, and instilling green values in them now will lead to green actions when they are older
- Enable first steps for the rest of us – Adults are often set in their ways and have severe constraints on their time. As decision makers, however, we carry a lot of responsibility in how and what we consume, and even small changes in our lifestyle can mean big improvement in our ecology
What do we do at Suseum?
Through the Suseum we provide exhibits and displays that allow visitors to see, touch, and feel the various products and technologies that can transform not just our future, but our present as well. Our activities include
For primary school students
- Workshops for waste to value
- DIY section where they can contribute
- Guide on small school projects that they can do
Higher secondary and college students
- Over 500 videos on renewable energy and clean technology
- Renewable energy showcase & models
- Guide for college projects and college sustainability efforts
- Guidance on emerging opportunities for career and research
For the rest of us
- Practical demonstration and guide for vertical gardening and composting
- Waste management at homes
- Directions on where to purchase sustainable products
- Sustainability shop
How do I visit Susem?
Just give us a call or send us an email and walk into Suseum. Our location, contact information, and more details on what the Suseum offers can be found at www.suseum.com.
I look forward to meeting you at Suseum and hearing more on your adventures and ideas in sustainability.