Questions & Answers
1. Which company, in a joint venture with EDF EN, is developing offshore wind farms in Northern France?
Ans: DONG Energy
2. What is the approximate capacity of wind power plants installed worldwide, as of end Sep 2012? (Correctness to the nearest 10 GW is enough)
Ans: 250 Gw
3. What is the full expansion of GBI in the context of wind power?
Ans: Generation Based Incentive
4. This Gamesa 2 MW wind turbine made news recently when it generated over 52 lakh units in six months, much higher than comparable wind turbines. What is the brand/product name for this wind turbine from Gamesa?
Ans: G97 – 2.0 MW Turbine
5. Where is the world’s largest offshore wind farm located, and what is the name given to this wind farm project?
Ans: UK, London Array project
Vasant Tiwari, Consultant – CRISIL Infrastructure Advisory, Mumbai
Mr. Vasant Tiwari is Analyst in the Corporate Advisory Group of CRISIL Risk and Infrastructure Solutions Ltd.Vasant joined CRISIL infrastructure Advisory in May 2011 and since then he has been working on business and transaction advisory assignments.
Vasant holds Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and Master of Science (Integrated) from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Vasant has worked in the areas of investment due-diligence, bid advisory, financial appraisal, modeling, sector reports and entry strategies in power, transport and urban infrastructure.
The key skill areas of Mr. Vasant cover various aspects of strategy formulation and execution, such as:
- Market analysis, Entry Strategy and Project Evaluation
- Feasibility Studies
- Valuation and Financial Modeling
- Bid Advisory
1st Runner up
Shafeek Abdulla Shamsuddin, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
2nd Runner up
Jacob Alexander, Analyst – Moser Baer Projects, New Delhi
Jacob Alexander is a part of the Strategy and Corporate Affairs team at Moser Baer Projects Private Limited; He has been working for the power and renewable energy sector in the areas of policy and development, strategic planning, business and market analysis, project appraisal, etc. Jacob has pursued his MBA in Energy Management specializing in Renewable Energy and Operations from Great Lakes IEMR, Gurgaon and has an Electrical Engineering Degree from Anna University, Tiruchirapalli.
3rd Runner up
Saurabh Mathur, Asst. Manager – BD, Lanco Solar Energy Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur
Saurabh Mathur, an Electrical Engineer from Univ. of Rajasthan and MBA in Finance from IBS Gurgaon have around 4.5 years of experience in Power Sector. Presently working with Lanco Solar Energy Pvt. Ltd. as Asst. Manager he is responsible for business development activities in Rooftop & Offgrid Solar PV segment in Rajasthan. His experience includes – Handling Regulatory & Commercial matters, Power Sale, Case 1, Case 2 Bidding, Financial Modelling, Regulatory Research etc.
Others who sent all the 5 right answers:
Manjunath Sekhar, Manoj Gupta, Jebaraj Samuel. S, Vivek Patel, Vinay Vishnu, Shilpa Susan Philip, Pratik Poddar, Gowri Manohari.P, Srihari Swamy, R. Jayasri, Anagha Mohan Bhambri, Thamizharasan Natarajan, N.Ananth, Aravinda Swamy NK, Panchamrita Sharma, Balasubramaniam S, V.Thiyagarajan, Vishal Agarwal, Shoba, Deepak, Manikandan.V, Cijil Diclause, Dr. Mary Vimochana, Sachin Borade, Gaurav B Talati, G. Vishnu, Radhika Dave, Balasubramaniam S, Vinod Agadi, Gutti Sriharsha