Questions & Answers
1. This Pennsylvania, USA headquartered company, a leader in its segment within the energy sector, has come up with solutions that can be used for large scale energy generation units to achieve greater sustainability. The company estimates that the market for its solutions over the next 10 to 20 years could be between $200-$600 billion. Which company and what solution?
Ans: Enersys, OptiGrid Stored Energy Solutions (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7361)
2. What is common to Bhavani and Noyyal, in the context of environmental sustainability?
Ans: Illegal dyeing units which cause pollution have been mushrooming on both sides of the river. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7351)
3. What is the relevance of the numbers 24,500, 31,500 and 15,000 to Moser Baer?
Ans: The average daily production of Moser Baer’s Sivaganga solar PV plant has been around 24,500 units. In March 2011, the highest monthly generation was achieved with 31,500 units. This month, it was so far 31,200 units. Even in recent days of heavy rains, the plant has generated around 15,000 units. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7333)
4. From Nov 23, what will be seen in much fewer numbers in the National Capital?
Ans: Plastic bags (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7331)
5. The Malaysian waste to energy firm Core Competencies, for which the technology was developed by an Indian, has developed an interesting refuse derived fuel technology. If 100 T of waste is fed to the plant every day, how many MW of power would the technology be able to support?
Ans: 1.27 Mw (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7320)
6. Which global company recently signed a large deal with the UK government for implementing nuclear power plants? *
7. Which innovative biofuels company signed on Bunge as a strategic investor, and what is the main biofuel that the biofuel company is attempting to produce? *
Ans: Cobalt Technologies, n-butanol
B.Venkat Shivaram Jadav, Trivandrum
Education:M.Tech(Aerospace Engineering),IIT Kharagpur.
1st Runner up
Atin Jain, VIT University, Vellore
Atin Jain is a Third Year Undergraduate student pursuing his majors in Mechanical (with specialization in Energy) Engineering at VIT University, Vellore. He is involved in various Research projects at VIT University. Atin is engaged in designing and evaluating the performance characteristics of an Absorber Tube with flow obstruction profiles. He is currently engaged in developing a model to predict Solar Photovoltaic Panel output using exogenous inputs. He is a also a part of the student team involved in doing a Standard Level 2 Energy Audit of the University campus. He has a keen interest in Solar Photovoltaics & Solar Thermal Power Generation.
2nd Runner up
Tanay Tarany, New Delhi
3rd Runner up
Vignesh Gurumoorthy, ZeP mission, Chennai
- Has more than three years of working experience in Centre for Wind Energy Technology, An Autonomous R&D institution under Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India.
- Founder of ZeP mission (Zero Pollution mission), a not for profit climate change research and awness creation group
- Dynamic individual striving towards Zero Pollution and Green Earth.
- Has Masters in Energy Engineering and Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Looking for a Challenging role in Renewable Energy Research Organization particularly academic.
Others who sent all the 5 right answers:
Vivek Patel and Suveer Bahirwani