PV Manufacturing Ecosystem
These are exciting times in the solar PV sector. The rapidly falling PV system prices, the ever increasing coal and oil prices, and the furious pace of PV production capacity addition happening worldwide and ambitious governmental missions, have set the stage for an exponential growth the of solar PV. The implication of these developments for the Indian solar PV manufacturing sector is significant too.
This paper evaluates the diversification opportunities for Indian corporates keen on entering the solar PV manufacturing sector. This includes both crystalline silicon and thin film technologies.
The white paper is divided into three sections. The first section examines the global market dynamics of the solar PV sector and the opportunities and challenges for this sector. This section also provides an introduction to the prominent technologies used in solar PV. Some of the key questions answered in this section include
• What are the global solar PV installation trends?
• Which is the largest solar market in the world?
• What are the various solar PV technologies available?
• What are the key differences between crystalline silicon and thin film technologies?
In the second section, the different parts of the crystalline silicon solar PV value chain are analysed (for both crystalline and thin films), with a view to provide insights on manufacturing opportunities available in these segments. The status of India for each of these segments is provided too. This section should help the reader in comparing the key industry dynamics worldwide and in India for various elements of the value chain. Some of the questions answered in this section include
• What is the scenario of solar PV manufacturing in India?
• What are the key drivers that influence solar PV manufacturing in India?
• What are the various manufacturing options available in crystalline silicon value chain?
• What are the manufacturing options available in thin films?
• What are the key factors that influence profitability along the manufacturing value chain?
The third section provides the highlights and summary and also provides a framework to enable Indian companies to decide on investing in solar PV manufacturing in India. The framework provided is one of a kind which is applicable to new entrants into the manufacturing domain especially in India. It takes into consideration various aspects (some of which are given below) to help identify the best manufacturing option for your enterprise.
Is your company targeting global leadership or Indian?
What are the profit margins that your company is targeting?
How much capital is your company willing to invest?
How comfortable is your company to work in tech driven domains?
The Whitepaper can be downloaded from here : Solar PV Manufacturing Diversification Opportunities in Indian Solar PV Manufacturing