Rooftop Solar Installer Meet Chennai
25 Jul 2015, Chennai, 10 AM to 2 PM
EAI is organizing a meet for rooftop solar installers. This is a discussion forum and not a conference or a seminar.
|To share notes on the challenges faced by the rooftop solar installer sector, and provide inputs on what the rooftop solar industry expects from all the key stakeholders – OEMs, government, financial sector and end users.|
Summary and highlights will be shared with all key stakeholders, including MNRE and state nodal agencies.
- Organized by: Solar Mango, a division of EAI
- Venue: Haddows Club. 6, Kushkumar road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034. Tel (044 2821 6867). Can be accessed easily from Nungambakkam High Road, about 300 m from Sterling Road junction)
- Time: 10 AM to 2 PM
As we wish that this is a highly interactive meet, maximum of 25 installers can register, on a first come first served basis. If many more wish to register, we can have a similar meet a second time.
There will be brief presentations of the overall scenario in rooftop solar for about 30 minutes, and the rest of two and half hours will be spent in interactions and discussions.
945 AM – 10 AM
10 – 1010 AM
1010 AM – 1030 AM
Presentation on the current status of rooftop solar in India and Tamil Nadu – by Narasimhan Santhanam of Solar Mango
- Current installation stats for rooftop solar in India and TN
- Prominent rooftop solar installation – profile and details
- Key policies and regulations that have been brought about in the recent past by MNRE and many states
- Solar Mango’s perspectives on the key drivers that can accelerate rooftop solar adoption in India
1030 AM -1115 AM
Quick inputs by 4-5 installers on the challenges they are facing and the successes they have had
- Types of rooftop solar installations they have done
- Key success factors that helped them in these installations
- Critical bottlenecks and challenges that are stopping many prospects from implementing rooftop solar
- Changes in policies and regulations and other initiatives they would like to have
- Their thoughts on how the installer community can work together for mutual benefit
1115 AM -1130 AM
Thank God it’s Teatime
1130 AM -1 PM
Interactive discussions on the way forward
Discussions will be had on the following topics (more will be added based on the inputs in the previous sessions)
- Net Metering
- Capital Subsidies
- Awareness Creation
- BOO / PPA model and its effectiveness
- Red tape and permits
- Price benchmarks that are sustainable and are a win-win for all stakeholders
- Access to loans and Interest rates
1 PM – 2 PM Networking Lunch
2 PM – We all go home
Registration fee: Rs 750, towards cost of venue and food.
To register, talk to Muthukrishnan 09952910083, firstname.lastname@example.org