Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd (Grundfos India) today received the Commendation Certificate for ‘Strong Commitment to Excel on the Journey Towards Sustainable Development’ during the CII-ITC Sustainability Awards Ceremony 2013 held in New Delhi.
Instituted by CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development in 2006, the CII-ITC Sustainability Awards are conferred to India’s most sustainable – companies demonstrating exemplary performance in economic, environmental and social dimensions. Participating companies undergo a rigorous evaluation process that is based on a business excellence model and tailored for the Indian business environment. To showcase the efforts of 2013 Sustainability Awards winners, a Winners’ Booklet highlighting their significant sustainability achievements and initiatives was also released during the event.
Commenting on this recognition, Ranganath N. K., Managing Director, Grundfos India said, “Grundfos believes in doing our part in contributing to a more sustainable world. We therefore first take our own medicine and commit to reduce our environmental footprint throughout our value chain in buildings, processes and activities regardless whether it is a production line or an office. We try and inculcate the right mind set and commitment for sustainable solutions in all employees. This award helps validate that we are on the right path to achieving our sustainability objectives”.
Grundfos India won this recognition based on its sustainability focus and efforts such as:
- Reducing energy consumption related to its activities and reducing its customers’ energy consumption is one of the most important aspects in the effort to realize the company’s ambition to never emit more CO2 than it did in 2008, despite the economic growth.
- The company has also committed to reduce its total water consumption by 50 % of 2008 level by 2025 and to improve the quality of discharged water aiming for zero impact on the surrounding environment.
- Grundfos India is working towards helping Indian industries and corporates save both energy and water not only through it’s highly energy efficient products but also through the energy and water audits it conducts. These audits are a complete system analysis of the energy and water consumption. Post the analysis the energy audit team recommends the best solutions to right size the systems; thereby helping conserve both these resources.
- The company also contributes towards energy and water conservation by reducing its own impact on the environment. Its headquarters in Chennai is India’s first gold-rated green building (LEED certification by USGBC in 2005) and is energy efficient with 100% recycling of the sewage, rain water harvesting and with solar collectors and photovoltaics. Grundfos India’s factory also received the gold certification in 2011 from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). In August 2013, Grundfos was the first in India to go for voluntary recertification of LEED and building has been elevated to a LEED EB Platinum certification from Gold.
- Grundfos India has launched a forum through the social media site, Facebook called ‘Ek Boondh Pani’ – signifying the importance of each drop of water. Through this page, members share water conservation tips and facts to encourage this awareness to be driven home.
- Grundfos India is also working with students from elementary schools to universities to spread awareness on sustainability (energy and water conservation). The company encourages school visits to its facility to showcase the Green Building concept. Grundfos India has been successful in reaching out to more than 503,000 students since 2010. Through these students the company is influencing their family, friends and communities to conserve water.
Rangarajan Ramaswamy, Director – Service & Training, Grundfos India accepted the award on behalf of the company during the award ceremony.
About Grundfos India:
Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd. (Grundfos India) a wholly owned subsidiary of Grundfos Holdings was established in March 13, 1998. Grundfos India is responsible for sales of Grundfos products in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Maldives. Currently, Grundfos India has more than 250 employees and works with 200 distributors and dealers with 20 offices across India. Grundfos India provides pumps and pumping solutions for various applications – heating and hot water service systems, cooling and air-conditioning systems, industrial applications, pressure boosting and liquid transfer, groundwater supply, domestic water supply, sewage and wastewater, dosing, chlorination systems, disinfection systems and pumps running on renewable energy. For more information, visit http://www.grundfos.in/
For editorial queries, please contact:
Mahathi Parashuram Gomathi Viswanathan
Head – Public Affairs Senior Account Executive
Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd MSL Group
Email – email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91 9600063482 Mobile: +91 9003038808