The First Ever Conference + Networking Platform in India Exclusively for Bioplastics
A 2 day conference & networking that provides the audience updates, insights and perspectives on the current and emerging opportunities in bioplastics, and how entrepreneurs can benefit from these.
Bioplastics – A Great Business Opportunity
As of 2016, the plastic industry is worth $ 482 billion and the global production of plastics stood at 299 million tonnes. With the Plastics market growing, its disadvantages in sustainability and compostability are coming to light.
Bioplastics, with their low carbon footprint and their ability to degrade back to CO2 and water, are increasingly being recognized as valid substitutes for conventional plastics. The global bioplastics production capacity was 4.16 million tonnes as of 2016, which is just 1.7% of the global plastics market. This presents a huge business opportunity for entrepreneurs and businesses planning to enter the Bioplastics market.
Indian Bioplastics Market
The Indian bioplastics market is in its nascent stages with very few domestic players prevalent in the country. While half of their production caters to local demand, the rest of it is exported.
It is expected that the industry could expand in the coming years as most of the currently planned projects are being implemented in Thailand, India and China. It is presumed that about 75% of bioplastics will be produced in Asia by 2020.
It should be noted that the bioplastics market in India could explode in the coming years owing to the drivers listed below:
- Availability of feedstock
- India, being a leader in organic farming products, has very high potential for bioplastics to play a role in packaging of these products
- The need for certain end-use segments to project themselves as eco-friendly and for packagers to meet the requirements in the export-oriented market
Some of the challenges hindering the growth of Indian bioplastics market include
- Very low consumer awareness
- Lack of recycling infrastructure
- Lack of proper implementation and regulation of laws by the government on plastic ban
Steps should be taken to meet these challenges and expand the bioplastics market in India.
It is important to note that many research institutes and organizations such as IIT Madras, CIPET, IIT Delhi, IISc, etc. are working on these challenging areas in the bioplastics market to expand the sector in India.
Global Bioplastics Market
The global bioplastics market, although currently less than 1%, is expected to have a double digit CAGR in the near future. The global production capacity of bioplastics is expected to increase up to 6 million tonnes by 2020 from 4.16 million tonnes in 2016.
By market segments, packaging (rigid and flexible) remains the leader of application for bioplastics with almost 39% of the total bioplastics market. The segment is expected to have a significant growth till 2021.
By region, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a high growth as most of the currently planned projects are implemented in Thailand, India and China. It is expected that about 75% of bioplastics will be produced in Asia by 2020.
Highlights of the Bioplastics Summit
1. A summit where experts share their perspectives and insights on
A. The status of bioplastics – Global and India
- Market potential
- Market segmentation
- By end user
- By region
- Current and future production capacities
- Key players – Resin and Product Manufacturers
B. Technologies and Processes
C. What’s working and what’s not
D. Emerging trends and business opportunities for bioplastics in India
- Emerging trends
- Products like water soluble Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) films are being used in packaging toxic/hazardous products
- Many alternatives to bioplastics such as bagasse, areca nut leaves, rice husk based food service ware are being increasingly produced in India
- Business Opportunities for bioplastics in India
- Complete manufacturing through partnerships
- Product manufacturing
2. A networking platform where you can
- Get in touch with experts and solution providers to understand the way forward for their bioplastics business aspirations
- Understand what types of technologies are feasible for investing in bioplastics in India
Only 6 Seats Left
Early Bird Discount!
Register now and avail 40% discount
Fee per Delegate: Rs. 8999
Valid until Aug 25th.
Call Nikhil @ 9940617877
Who is it for?
The India Bioplastics Summit will be invaluable for
Entrepreneurs and businesses keen on investing in the bioplastics opportunities
Corporates looking for sustainable alternatives to packaging and keen to know the options available
Government officials/relevant ministries focused on reducing plastic pollution and keen on understanding avenues for the same
Scientists, researchers academia working in the domains of bioplastics and sustainable packaging materials
Why Should You Attend this?
- This is the first ever and the only dedicated knowledge sharing platform in India for the fast growing bioplastics sector
- Experts from all the aspects of the industry – technical experts, policy experts and business experts – will be sharing their insights during the event
- Prominent companies and business stakeholders from India and abroad will be at the summit, and you could hence gain significant business opportunities from being at the event.
Who Will be Presenting at the India Bioplastics Summit?
India’s first summit on bioplastics is expected to have a large gathering of over 400 professionals as delegates and speakers, comprising key and diverse stakeholder segments.
The following professionals will be sharing their expertise providing the insights and updates:
- Indian & International Manufacturers of Bioplastics Resins, Intermediates and End Products - PLA, PHA & Variants, PBAT, Cellulose-based Resins
- Prominent researchers and technical experts from the bioplastics and biopolymers domains - Bioplastics experts from IITs, IISc, Specialist Research Organizations, Corporate R&D Teams
- Prominent end users of bioplastics and other bio-based materials
- Experts from EAI’s bioplastics consulting team - Team members who have worked on both biodegradable plastics and durable bioplastics. Our experts include those who have consulted for many bioplastics ventures and are in constant touch with a number of key stakeholders in the bioplastics industry
Speaker & Expert Presenter Profiles
Technical professionals, industry experts and researchers from the following organizations and companies are expected at the event:
- Global bioplastic suppliers such as BASF, DSM, NatureWorks
- Most, if not all, the prominent Indian bioplastics suppliers from all regions of India
- Promising Indian bioplastic startups – these will include small companies bootstrapped by the founders and startups with larger business group backings.
- Innovative Indian startups making products in related eco-friendly categories - specifically bagasse-based foodware & cutlery, rice husk packaging solutions
- Polymerization technology solution providers manufacturers such as Sulzer, Corbion, ThyssenKrupp
- Leading Indian companies providing equipment and solutions for compounding and moulding of bioplastic resins for all types of moulded end products – extrusion, blow moulding, injection moulding and more.
- Indian bioplastic product consumers from diverse sectors - retail, food & beverages, hospitality, e-commerce, travel, agriculture & farming, auto and more.
- Researchers from leading institutes such as IISc, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi
- National & International Technology, Certification & Standards Organizations such as CIPET, UL, TUV and more
Venue: The Capitol Hotel, Bengaluru - 560001.