The Clean Hydrogen Opportunity for Hydrocarbon-Rich Countries
An article from EnergyNews highlights the following:
- Hydrogen has the potential to reduce global emissions by more than 20% by 2050.
- Hydrocarbon-rich countries are well-positioned to become pioneers in clean hydrogen due to their favorable positioning and extensive domain knowledge.
- To take advantage of this opportunity, all concerned parties must work together to create clean-hydrogen value chains, often spanning many regions.
- Stimulating local demand is crucial to creating the foundations of a hydrogen ecosystem.
Interestingly, we have some other posts related to this content:
- “Hydrocarbon-Rich Nations Leading Clean Hydrogen Revolution” : McKinsey & Company outlines how hydrocarbon-rich countries can leverage their resources and renewable energy for a sustainable hydrogen supply, emphasizing the importance of domestic demand and strategic location.
- “Hydrocarbon Nations Lead 2030 Clean Hydrogen Revolution for Global Warming Combat!” : McKinsey & Company highlights the need for scaling supply, stimulating demand, and enhancing cooperation across countries to fulfill hydrogen’s promise in reducing emissions globally.