Turning Hydrogen and CO2 Into Aviation Fuel: UOP eFining by Honeywell
Here’s a post by Energy World that includes:
- Honeywell’s UOP eFining technology can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 88% compared to conventional jet fuel.
- The process involves using green hydrogen and carbon dioxide to produce lower-carbon aviation fuel, addressing the need for more environmentally friendly fuels in the aviation industry.
- This innovation is a significant step in the effort to tackle carbon emissions from aviation, which account for 2-3% of total emissions.
Interestingly, we have some other posts related to this content:
- Hydrogen And Sustainable Aviation Fuel For Air Travel – Decarbonization:
- Examines the aviation industry’s efforts to decarbonize through sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and hydrogen, highlighting challenges in storage and infrastructure for hydrogen’s use in short flights and drones.
- Liquid Hydrogen Flight Tests of H2Fly: Replacing Jet-A Kerosene – This article discusses H2Fly’s successful ground-based tests for liquid hydrogen aircraft fueling, aiming to replace Jet-A kerosene with a zero-carbon alternative for green aviation.