Questions & Answers
1. Which racing icon plans to go green soon, and is working on a new hybrid model to reduce CO2 emissions by 30 percent?
Ans: Ferrari (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8106)
2. MNRE recently announced financial assistance for setting up hydroelectric projects in Kerala. What types of hydro-projects are these, and what is unique about them?
Ans: Pico hydroelectric projects. Hydroelectric power generation upto 5 KW is called pico hydro. Pico-hydro set-ups do not require dams. Pipes are used to divert the flow down a gradient leading to a turbine and bring the water back to the stream. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8101)
3. Which iconic Indian company received the National Energy Conservation Award for 2012, for its energy conservation efforts at campuses in Jaipur and Pune?
Ans: Infosys (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8096)
4. Which famous school in Chennai recently got a new solar power system, sponsored by the students of 1987 batch to commemorate their silver jubilee reunion?
Ans: Vidya Mandir (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8092)
5. A Chinese farmer Tang Zhengping has invented a car that runs on what?
Ans: Wind energy (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8089)
6. Researchers at the University of Jaen (Spain) recently succeeded in making bricks from what interesting source?
Ans: Paper waste (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8080)
7. Which Indian city recently announced plans to construct mini sewage treatment plants (STPs) in multi-storied buildings?
Ans: Hyderabad (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8073)
8. IISc (Indian Institute of Science) scientists have recently developed a stove that uses what interesting renewable source as fuel?
Ans: Agricultural waste (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8072)
9. Bangalore recently mandated the separation of what type of waste from municipal waste?
Ans: Biomedical waste (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8121)
10. Apple recently filed for patents that, for a change, had nothing to do with computing or entertainment. It had more to do with renewable energy! What is the patent all about?
Ans: Wind turbine that generates electricity from converting heat energy (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8126)
P.M.Mohammed Yasar, Masters in Energy Engineering – Anna University, Chennai
Pursuing his Masters in Energy Engineering at Anna University, Chennai after completing undergraduation from Mechanical Engineering in B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Chennai . With the dream of India emerging into an Energy independent nation, he is currently concentrating his work in the fields of Energy Conservation and Energy management and doing his project research work on Renewable Energy resources.
1st Runner up
Balamurali K, New Business Development, Mytrah Energy, Hyderabad
Balamurali K is working as a part of New Business Development team at Mytrah Energy (India) Ltd., and is based out of Hyderabad. He is a B.Tech Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduate from Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
2nd Runner up
Vikas Tailor, Asst. Manager – Sales, Apex Solar Pvt. Ltd., Navi Mumbai
Currently Working with Apex Solar Pvt. Ltd. as an Asst. Manager – Sales for Western India, He availed a Masters degree in Business administration from Thpar university, Patiala with specialization in Energy Management and a Bachelors degree of Engineering from Nagpur University with specialization in Mechanical engineering. He wants to endorse Renewable energy as an ultimate source of energy for future by putting his sincere efforts.
3rd Runner up
Ramanathan N, CEO & MD – 4R Recycling Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
Others who sent all the 10 right answers:
Ramanathan Narayan, M. Sathish Kumar, Ifthikhar Javed, Shiyamala.S, Amol Kashid, Lakshman Srikanth, Venkatesh Pampana, Anuj Kaliyer, Vinoth Kumar, Prabhesh K Sharma, Dilip Parmar, Saurav Agarwal, Vinay Mehta, Rangarajan Kasturi, Venkataraman Sharma, Mudike.Ravi, Vignesh V Darbhe, Umalakshmi.P.K, Praveen Sinha, P.Srinivas, Manish Saxena, Sushil Bhimrao Rajguru, Kishor Vikram Kendre, U.Manzoor, Aravinda Swamy N K, Devanand Gorate, Vinodkumar Agadi, Prosenjit Biswas, R.Gopalakrishnan