Chennai generates about 5500 MT of waste every day. Of these 5500 MT, less than 30% of the wastes are actually processed.
What about the rest?
They end up in either land or water bodies causing severe water and air pollution. Such problems caused by solid and liquid wastes can be significantly mitigated through the adoption of environment-friendly waste to energy technologies that will allow treatment and processing of wastes before their disposal.
Of the total waste generated in the city, 30% is from the commercial and industrial segments. There’s considerable interest among commercial, industrial sectors to use sustainable solid waste management solutions
The Chennai Waste to Energy Workshop is being organized to provide clarity on effective solutions to manage and recovery energy from diverse solid wastes from industrial and commercial units.
Key Benefits from the Workshop
Get a clear idea of the three sustainable waste to energy solutions for industries – Pyrolysis, Anaerobic Digestion & Gasification
Details and estimates for costs & economic benefits for the waste to energy solutions
Understand implementation & operational details through case studies of currently running projects
Who will benefit from this workshop?
- Industries generating a range of solid waste – food, paper, plastics, fruits/vegetables, industrial residues, sludge, animal waste, etc.
- Corporates keen on investing in Urban Solid Waste Management projects as part of CSR
- Commercial units generating solid wastes – hotels, restaurants, hospitals, colleges, canteens, office buildings, IT parks, malls, vegetable markets, etc.
For registrations send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 7358263274
Registration fee: INR 1500 excluding GST
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM – Introduction
9:30 AM to 09:45 AM – Brief introduction to the theme and experts
Speaker: Gayathri Kumar, Designation: Senior Research Analyst, Company Name: Energy Alternatives India
10:00 AM to 11:45 AM – Effective & Sustainable Avenues and Technologies for Waste to Value
10:00 AM to 10:20 AM – Presentation – Overview of cost effective & sustainable ways to manage different types of solid waste
Speaker: Narasimhan Santhanam, Designation: Managing Director & Co-founder, Company Name: Energy Alternatives India
- Solid Waste types & their characteristics
- Responsibilities of bulk waste generators
- Challenges in waste management – storage, logistics and processing
- Current avenues for managing solid waste
- Technology pathways available for waste to energy – Incineration, Anaerobic Digestion, Pyrolysis, Gasification
- Monetization of Power, Biofuels, Compost, RDF
10:20 AM to 11:00 AM – Waste Management through Bio-CNG & Gasification Technologies – Possibilities and Challenges
Speaker: Dev Anand, Designation: Chairman & Managing Director, Company Name: Kankyo Group of Companies
- Type & Characteristics of waste produced by different bulk waste generators
- Decentralized waste management approaches
- Infrastructure requirements for storage and processing at source
- Cost & returns of waste to energy solutions such as Anaerobic Digestion & gasification
- Government Mandates & Subsidies for adoption of different waste management technology
- End Products & their application (specially for Composting, Anaerobic Digestion, and Gasification)
- Best solid waste management practices in industries and commercial units
11:00 AM – 11:40 AM – Waste Management through Pyrolysis – Possibilities and Challenges
Speaker: Sampath S, Designation: Chairman & Managing Director, Company Name: Pyrogreen Technologies, Samki Group.
- Introduction to pyrolysis and the types of waste the process can manage
- Key sustainability and economic advantages of pyrolysis over other waste to energy avenues
- Pyrolysis of plastics, tyre and others organics
- End product characteristics of pyrolysis
- Cost & returns for pyrolysis plants of different scales
- Challenges (feedstock, operations, pollution control) faced by pyrolysis plants and avenues to overcome these
- Market potential of products and by-products from pyrolysis
11:50 AM – 12:30 PM – User Case Studies & Experiences
This session will provide case studies from the use of all the waste to energy avenues (incineration, pyrolysis, anaerobic digestion, gasification). Case studies will be based on the real life experiences of the solution providers and will comprise a mix of Indian and international projects.
Themes & types of projects for which case studies will be provided:
- Small scale projects
- Public private partnerships
- Large scale industrial projects
- Sustainable partnerships and business models
- Implementation walkthrough
12:30 – 1:30 PM – Demonstrations of solutions
Comprehensive details of processes, equipments and O&M will be provided for the main waste to energy technology avenues. These insights will be provided through a mix of:
- Videos & pictures
- Equipment demonstration
- Process charts & product specifications
1:30 – 2:30 PM – Networking Lunch & End of program
Get in touch[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]