Questions & Answers
1. Which popular Indian waste management company extended its services recently into China and Australia?
Ans: Ramky (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7213)
2. Which global engineering firm recently announced plans to sell its solar business unit owing to difficult conditions prevailing in Europe?
Ans: Siemens (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7260)
3. Which famous footwear and apparel company recently announced plans to make all its stores carbon neutral by 2015?
Ans: Woodland (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7251)
4. Which famous global bio-industry company’s CEO is Steen Riisgaard?
Ans: Novozymes (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7237)
5. What wind power innovation has a company by name Uprise Energy come up with?
Ans: Portable 50 Kw wind turbine (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7231)
Karthik Cheboli, IIM Lucknow
1) B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Madras, which is where he heard about EAI.
2) Internship with Air India in which he explored methods in which fuel cells can be used in aircrafts.
3) B.Tech project on managing emissions from Diesel engines.
4) Currently pursuing PGDM from IIM Lucknow.
5) Passionate about alternative energy and want to work on rural electrification projects in the future.
1st Runner up
Krishna Sundhar, Gamesa, Chennai
Krishna Sundhar is an Electrical & Electronics Engineer with a Post Graduate Diploma in Wind Resource Analysis from P.S.G College of Technology, Coimbatore. Currently, he is working as an R & D engineer in Gamesa Corporation Technologica, a Spanish Wind Energy major.
2nd Runner up
Naga Chakrapani Pemmaraju, Vestas, Chennai
3rd Runner up
Chandru, Agni Bio Energy, Bangalore
In the beginning of 2012 Agni Bio Energy was started with the aim to help the rural India by promoting green energy. Agni Bio Energy manufactures biomass briquette and pellet using agri waste mainly using sugarcane trash as raw material. Agni Bio Energy is also a reseller of Biomass charcoal and biomass stove. Currently Agni Bio Energy is working on a project where we use 100% sugarcane trash to manufacture briquette which would produce for about 24000 tons per year.
Others who sent all the 5 right answers:
Prakash Kumar, Yogi Agrawal, Darshan Joshi, Akhil Narasimhan, Navneet Khokhar, Sujit Samuel John, K. Periasamy, Venkataraman Sharma, Sujay Shah,Captain Afzal Amdani, Karan Tahiliani, Harsha Yadav, Vivek Patel, Sibasis Mohapatra, V.R.Prakash, Sandeep Saini, Ankit Nama, Sandeep Agarwal, Vikram Aditya, Navin Kumaar. S, Vivekanand Divekar, Thamizharasan Natarajan, Nataraja Sharma, Vivek Jethani, N.Muthu Krishnan, Umamaheshwari Anandane, Sasi.K, Karthikeyan Ravikumar, Prof Gaurang Kumar K Sharma, Dr. Gopinath S, S. Narayanamurthy, Sateesh Kumar R, Najmeh Pirhadi Tavandashti, Prakhar Jain, Venkatesh, Sanjay Kumar Rai, Hardik.H.Gajjar, Haresh, Pradip D. Haridas, Rahul Sharma, Ms Panchamrita Sharma, Maniram Rajendran, Anand Umakant Chidrawar, Karthik Balaram Donthi, Rajpal Singh Yadav, Rashmi Verma, Venkata Krishna Mohan Gudapati, Girish Kanagotagi, Kiran Kodi, Sushrut Badhe, Aravinda Swamy N K, Prem Verma, Kapil Kumar Nirmal, Alpesh Chavan, Sapan Thapar, K. Rangarajan, Neeraj Belwal, Srinivasu.Moturi, Rajkumar Popat, Neha Adhikari, K N Suman Shankar, Prabhesh Sharma, Hamza H. Master, Madhusudhanan. G, Balamurali, G.Vignesh, Ankit Soni, Anand K Pandey, Ankur J Vadi, Karthika Suresh, Arvind Golandaj, Vivek Singhal, Sumedha Malaviya, Pavan Karwa, K.Prakash, Deepak, G. N. Kamath, Hari Krishna Upadhyayula, Pawan Lodhi, R. Ateeth Datt, Amiya Das, Amir Badri, Syed Yousuf.V.I.I, L.SUDHAKARAN, Dilip Vyas, S.Ravi, Vinodkumar Agadi.