Questions & Answers
1. What is the key innovation in the novel wind turbines developed by an interesting New Zealand family?
Ans: Wind turbine prototype with many blades. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7150)
2. What is the present forest cover of Punjab (in %)?
Ans: 7%. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7142)
3. What green innovation has Bitchem Asphalt Technologies assisted in, recently?
Ans: Cold Mix Technology for road construction in Assam. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7122)
4. What is annual total budget allocated to Italy’s solar PV incentive program?
Ans: €6.7 billion (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7165)
5. A company by name Bandgap technology has an ambitious goal by which it intends to change the fundamental electronic properties of silicon itself (which could in turn produce significant efficiency increases for solar PV based power generation). How does the company intend to achieve this?
Ans: By developing a nano-wire based solar cell. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/7164)
Sandeep Agarwal, Secunderabad
Sandeep is an investment professional working in the domain of infrastructure project finance (power, ports, roads), new business strategy & consulting.
1st Runner up
Karthika.M, Design – Solar PV, Wipro Eco Energy, Bangalore
Karthika joined as fresher last April 2012 in Wipro EcoEnergy, Solar Design team. She is a B. Tech Energy and Environmental Engineering graduate from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
2nd Runner up
Sankalp Ved, Sr. Manager – Ruchi Soya
Sankalp Ved is Electrical Engineer and Certified Energy Manager accredited by BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) & he also did PG Diploma in Finance management.
He is presently looking after Renewable Energy Business in Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd. which comprises of 100 MW of wind power & 10 MW of Solar power Projects. In past he also worked in Tata Power Company Ltd. Suzlon Energy Ltd. and Secure Meters Ltd.
He has very good understanding and knowledge of Indian Power sector as a whole & Renewable Energy sector is his expertise. He has very good command on Tariff, Policy have prepare customized proposals of big MW size projects for prospective investors.He is having with 9.5 years experience in Energy sector especially renewable energy.
His Major achievements are
- He was team member of India’s first registered CDM project
- Conducted a unique research on possibility of Trading of Wind Power on Power Exchange (IEX)
- Personally involved from “concept to commissioning” of 150 MW Wind & 15 MW Solar Power Projects
- Team member of (as marketing manager) M.P.’s first MW type wind project from concept to commissioning his assignments also involved study of tariff, regulations, Energy bill structure, Load factor study and Understanding the terms of the Power Purchase agreement
- Done successful evaluation & preparation for Techno-commercial viability for setting up Wind & Solar Power Projects
- Prepared a detailed report on the Feasibility & Possibility of Establishing Wind Power Projects in central India
- Headed GSM based system establishment for Remote meter reading in Eastern India & NDPL Delhi both the projects were for the first time inIndia
- Have worked in synergy with the private and public utilities for product promotion, & tender specification preparation & presentations in various cities in India
- Presented Paper in International Conference on Wind Energy on “Wind Energy – Global Scenario & Indian Prospective”
3rd Runner up
Neeraj Belwal, A.G.M.(Engineering) – Luminous Power Technologies Pvt. Ltd.