Seats for June 14 Available
Registration Closed for June 12 & 13
- Solar Training
Don’t Miss this Certificate Program if You Wish to
Technical Partners – SWELECT, SunEdison, L&T
Organised By EAI
Over 250 Companies Confirmed, Click here to see list
The one day solar training & workshop includes
Part of RENERGY 2014, India’s largest renewable energy event
- Classroom session on step-by-step solar PV design
- Understanding rooftop solar in-depth through interactive case studies
- Real life demo of rooftop solar PV works
- Practical insights on starting a solar PV business with little upfront investment
Meet 100s of experts and companies at the adjacent conference & expo
EAI just concluded this training program to a sell-out crowd at Hyderabad. We now bring this highly productive solar training and workshop to Chennai.
Who Should Attend?
You should attend this training program if you are:
- Interested in starting a business for rooftop solar – as a system integrator, EPC or other solutions provider
- Keen on implementing a rooftop solar power plant in your factory or office
- Interested in knowing the opportunities to start a business in solar with minimal investments
- Keen on learning project management & design for rooftop solar
- Keen on instructing students on the technicalities of solar power
Professionals and researchers from the following sectors will find this event to be of great use:
- Industry professionals, specifically from construction and electrical industries
- Professionals seeking careers and opportunities in solar
- Academicians and researchers
- Managers and other decision makers from industrial and commercial enterprises
- Engineers and technicians from factories
Conducted by EAI
In partnership with SWELECT, SunEdison, L&T and Other ExpertsExclusive Q&A Session with EAI for those Keen on Starting a Solar Business
- Key questions on starting a business answered
- Guidance on business partnerships
- Details for vendor and supplier contacts
Highlights of the EAI Solar Training @ RENERGY 2014
- Detailed technical and operational inputs for rooftop solar
- Training, classroom and workshop conducted by acknowledged experts
- Designed for professionals and entrepreneurs with an interest in the solar energy sector
- A stepping stone to solar energy careers and business
- A valuable certificate provided by EAI
- Special session on getting the best possible system on your rooftop
Organized by EAI, and Conducted by Industry Experts. Held as Part of RENERGY 2014, India’s Largest Renewable Energy Event
Exclusive EAI Rooftop Solar Step-by-Step Handbook – only available to program attendees
EAI is developing an exclusive handbook for this event delegates. This brief but powerful guide, available only to the program attendees, will provide the following:
- Step-by-step guide on load determination for your factory or office building
- Rooftop capacity determination for solar power
- Selection of the best solar panels, inverters and other balance of systems
- Critical questions to ask a vendor and evaluating rooftop solar integrators
- Designing the best architecture if you are looking at a hybrid of some of the following – solar, diesel genset, grid and batteries.
Brief, and written in simple language with illustrations to help your understanding, this is the first such step-by-step guide for India.
Dates:This one day training & workshop is available on each of the three days of RENERGY 2014 – 12, 13 & 14 June 2014
Venue: Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai
Registration: Registration fee – INR 3000* / head. A 10% discount available for group bookings of 3 or more.
*Service tax applicable at 12.36%
About RENERGY 2014
The Solar Training for Careers and Business is a full day training program is held as a parallel event of RENERGY 2014, India’s largest renewable energy and cleantech conference & expo.
More about RENERGY 2014 from www.renergyteda.com
[The agenda will be the same for each of the 3 days when the one-day workshop is conducted] Download Agenda
(There could be minor changes in timings)
9 AM -10 AM
10 AM -10:15 AM
Rooftop Solar for Commercial and Industrial Consumers – Opportunities for end users and entrepreneurs – Strategic Overview by EAI
Coordinated by – Narasimhan Santhanam, EAI
- Overview of business opportunities in solar energy sector
- Key market trends in rooftop solar
- Rooftop solar – where it works and where it doesn’t
- Saving diesel through solar – Mistakes that can increase your diesel consumption
- Mistakes solar entrepreneurs make and how to avoid them
10:15 AM -11 AM
Rooftop PV System Design and Installation
Coordinated by – Raja Manuel Muthayya, EAI
Conducted by Technical Experts from SWELECT Energy Systems, one of India’s largest rooftop solar solutions providers
- Technical overview of DC and AC principles of Solar PV systems
- Site analysis and assessment for rooftop solar readiness
- PV array structural load calculations
- Parameters for selecting panels, inverters and other balance of system components
- Battery systems: selection of type of batteries and sizing of batteries for both off-grid and grid-tied systems
- Evaluation of PV modules mounting structures
11:15 AM – 1 PM
Classroom Session on Designing a Rooftop Solar PV Power Plant
Coordinated by – Raja Manuel Muthayya, EAI
Supported by Technical Experts from SWELECT Energy Systems
This detailed classroom session will be coordinated by Raja Muthayya of EAI and supported by experts from SWELECT having many years’ experience in the rooftop solar sector. The session will take you through all the vital components of a rooftop solar power plant design, and will be done as a classroom session, with all delegates asked to work out detailed exercises. This session will provide hands-on practice of working out a rooftop solar power plant design.
1:00 PM – 2 PM
2 PM – 2:45 PM
Starting a Solar Business with Minimal Capital Investment
Coordinated by – Venugopal Sampathkumar, EAI
- A real life presentation of an entrepreneur doing a successful solar business after starting with a very small investment. Insights from the presentation on
- Opportunity spectrum for small and medium scale entrepreneurs in solar
- Functions that are outsourced to contractors/subcontractors
- Skillsets required to start off in the solar PV business
- Key success factors for achieving quick growth in the solar PV business
- Establishing your credentials with EPCs
- How to go up the solar EPC value chain?
2:45 PM – 4:45 PM
Expert Demonstration of a Rooftop Solar Power Plant
Conducted by – Experts from Sun Edison
This will be a live demonstration to show the various core components of the solar PV power plant as well as the monitoring systems and associated support systems.
4:45 PM – 5:00 PM
5:00 PM – 5:45 PM
Using Solar Power to Reduce Consumption of Diesel for Backup Power
An interactive case study and Q&A session by L&T.
- Trends in theUse of Decentralized Solar Power to Reduce Diesel Consumption
- Real-life Challenges and Economic Benefits in the Use of Solar as a Diesel Substitute
- Specific Recommendations for Design of Solar-diesel Hybrid Systems
- Details of Operations and Troubleshooting for Solar / Diesel Hybrid Systems
5:45 PM – 6:15 PM
In this session, EAI will review the entire day’s training with the delegates and take as yet unanswered questions. EAI will also provide recommendations to specific needs from the delegates.
- Presented By
SWELECT Energy Systems
SWELECT Energy Systems Limited (formerly ‘Numeric Power Systems Ltd’) is a leading Power Electronics and Renewable Energy company. SWELECT is a leading firm providing a range of solutions and services in photovoltaic systems. Its solutions range from Compact Solar Home System, SPV for Captive consumption, Solar Hybrid UPS and EPC/O&M large for Solar Farms. Its product list includes Solar PV Modules, Solar Charge Controller, Solar Inverters&Energy Efficient Lighting products.
SWELECT has been accredited by MNRE (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy) as an authorized Channel Partner for Solar Applications under JNNSM (Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission) by MNRE and is empanelled as Energy Service Company with BEE
More about SWELECT from www.swelectes.com
SunEdison, a global solar energy company, operates solar power plants around the globe.
SunEdision pioneered some of the solutions and business models in solar that today drive the solar power business worldwide.
SunEdison has rich experience in the operations and technologies for running solar power plants across North America, Canada and Europe, India and neighboring countries.
More about SunEdison from www.sunedison.in
Larsen &Toubro’s Solar Division is an acclaimed leader in the Indian solar PV sector, having implemented over 200 MW of solar PV power plants in India.
L&T also has the unique distinction of having one of the largest demonstration rooftop solar power plants in India at their Manapakkam plant location, where for the past three years the company has been experimenting with a number of novel technologies for rooftop solar PV systems.
More about L&T’s solar division from www.larsentoubro.com
Energy Alternatives India (EAI) is one of India’s foremost consulting and research firms for the Indian Solar Energy in specific and renewable energy in general. Founded by a team comprising professionals from IITs and IIMs, EAI has assisted over 250 companies in India through its renewable energy consulting and research services, and over 1000 companies and organizations worldwide have benefitted from its renewable energy research reports.
Within solar energy, EAI has been working with a number of industrial and commercial rooftop customers and assisting them in their rooftop solar implementations.
EAI also runs India’s largest renewable energy web site, the largest renewable energy newsletter and the only online community for renewable energy.
The EAI team is based out of Chennai, India. More about EAI from www.eai.in
Raja Manuel Muthayya
Senior Consultant, Energy Alternatives India.
Rooftop PV System Design and Installation
Raja is a part of EAI’s strategic consulting team and also handles our rooftop solar division.
- Leads EAI’s rooftop solar efforts
- Has experience in guiding clients in implementing industrial and commercial rooftop solar projects
- Works regularly with diverse rooftop solar vendors and solution providers to provide them marketing and business development assistance for their solutions and services
In addition, Raja has extensive experience in financial modelling, and has helped value some of the most famous real estate assets in the world. His career has spanned Citigroup, GRO, McKinsey and HP.
He has an MBA from the Singapore Institute of Commerce.
Director – Energy Alternatives India
Rooftop Solar for Commercial and Industrial Consumers
Narasimhan is the director and co-founder of Energy Alternatives India, India’s leading renewable energy consulting firm.
Narasimhan brings forward focussed expertise on the strategic and business development aspects of renewable energy
- Exposure to all aspects of the solar business value chain
- Worked with small and large companies in preparing the solar business strategy
- Extensive experience in providing marketing and business development assistance to renewable energy companies in India
Narasimhan’s work for the Indian renewable energy industry has focussed on providing business intelligence, opportunity analysis & recommendations to entrepreneurs, top management and businesses expanding into renewable energy. Narasimhan did his Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology, Madras and Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
Expert Team from SWELECT
Prakash Das, AVP – Projects
Prakash has vast International experience in SPV projects design and execution for a diverse set of projects.
G. Surendra, AVP – Sales and Marketing
Surendra comes with over 10 years of Off Grid SPV projects experience, and has exposure to both operational and commercial aspects of SPV projects.
Harshitha S Kumar
Head – Microgrid Initiatives – Solar Business of Larsen & Toubro
Harshitha has significant experience in the power transmission and distribution businesses. Before joining the solar business team, she was part of L&T Corporate Strategy and had worked deeply along with top management consultants McKinsey & Co and Bain & Co.
She also has exposure to infrastructure, hydrocarbon and manufacturing sectors, and to various aspects such as strategy development & implementation, performance improvement and organization design.
At L&T, one of Harshitha’s focus areas is the company’s Microgrid initiative, in which she has analysed the use of rooftop solar for diesel abatement in industrial and commercial enterprises.
Harshitha has an MBA from S P Jain Institute of Management and Research and an M.Tech degree from IIT Madras.
Consultant, Energy Alternatives India.
Starting a Solar Business with Minimal Investments
Venugopal has worked on projects involving the design of renewable energy portfolios, crafting market entry/ investment strategies for solar and wind power clients.
He brings forth specialized expertise in the following
- Contracting and sub-contracting opportunities for ground mounted solar systems
- Works hands on with prominent solar and wind IPPs and developers for their utility scale solar and wind farms
- In-depth knowledge on the commercials involved in utility scale, ground mounted power projects
- Exposure to business development assistance to small companies looking at contracting and sub-contracting opportunities in solar and wind farm projects
Clients he has worked with include Amway, Indo-Rama Renewables, Greenpeace, and ReGenPowertech. In addition to commercial and financial aspects, he has done extensive work on the policy and regulatory aspect of renewable power across Wind and Solar technologies.
He holds a B.E. degree in Electronics and Communication from the College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University and has completed Level 2 of the CFA program.
Head-operations,Vaishnavi Constructions & Engineering Equipments
Sreedhar Thokala is the Operations head and co-founder of Vaishnavi Constructions & Engineering Equipments (VCEE), a Hyderabad based solar power plants contacting company. He has more than 4 years of experience in design, installation of Off-grid, On-Grid and utility scale MW scale power plants.
With active project planning and Scheduling, he made VCEE to become one of the most competitive and reliable solar contracting company by completing the works in committed time lines for more than 28MW capacity utility scale solar plants, more than 1.2MW Roof top solar plants and a 100KW Single axis tracking plant in a span of one year.
Sreedhar has done his M.Tech in Power systems from NIT Jamshedpur.
More about his company www.vaishnaviconstructions.org
- Register Online
* Cash on Delivery (COD) available
Group discounts available for a group of 3 and more
Talk to Sindhu, 08489663663, to know the discount code
Cheque to be drawn In favor of ‘Clixoo Solutions Private Limited’ (parent company of EAI) payable at Chennai and sent to
A-5C, Anugraha Apartments,
Uthamar Gandhi Salai,
Chennai – 600034,
Bank Wire Transfer
Account Name: Clixoo Solutions Private Limited;
Bank Name/Address: Indian Bank, Uthamar Gandhi Salai, Chennai – 600034, Tamilnadu.
Account Number: 921357524
SWIFT Code: IDIBINBBMAS
IFSC CODE: IDIB000N061