Questions & Answers
1. Which German company recently commissioned a 15 MW solar plant in Rajasthan?
Ans: Juwi India. http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8264
2. Gujarat recently signed MoU with a Mumbai-based firm for solar power generation. Which company and what type of solar power generation is this?
Ans: Eastern Powers and Systems Pvt. Ltd, canal-based solar power generation (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8274)
3. Which digital technology leader has been awarded the first prize for energy efficient refrigerators at the National Energy Conservation Awards 2012?
Ans: Samsung (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8220)
4. Which state of India is going to frame a solar policy in two months to promote solar power generation in a big way?
Ans: Odisha (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8288)
5. Nalco recently commissioned its first wind power project. Where is this wind power project located?
Ans: Gandikota in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8222)
6. With which company did the Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd recently signed PPA for power purchase from 1.5 MW solar plant?
Ans: Enterprise Business Solution Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8275)
7. What eco-friendly scheme has been planned by the Pune Municipal Corporation recently?
Ans: ‘Share and ride public bicycle’ scheme (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8250)
8. Which university is planning to sign a deal with Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike for solid waste management in Bangalore?
Ans: Visvesvaraya Technological University (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8259)
9. Which company recently unveiled solar chargers which are said to be the world’s lightest and most efficient solar power chargers?
Ans: Alta Devices (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8221)
10. What kind of product has been recently launched by Borg India for the residential segment?
Ans: Solar power generators (http://www.eai.in/360/news/pages/8238)
Saurav Agarwal, PGDM – IIM Kozhikode
A second year PGDM student at IIM Kozhikode, Saurav has done his graduation in Chemical Engineering from Panjab University, Chandigarh. He then worked as a design engineer with UOP India Private Limited (A Honeywell Company) for 23 months in the oil and gas sector where he was involved in the designing and development of basic engineering package for various refining technologies licensed by UOP.
1st Runner up
C. Jyoti Swaroopa, KG Design Services Pvt Ltd, Coimbatore
Started her career as a Junior Research Analyst for Jalaja Technologies Pvt. Ltd in 2007 and served for an year. Joined KG Design Services Pvt. Ltd (KGDS), Coimbatore in the year 2008. Currently working as Business Development Strategist for KGDS, which is a renewable energy based company.
2nd Runner up
Umalakshmi P K, D F Power Systems Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
3rd Runner up
Sumit V Nawathe, Raisoni College, Pune
Sumit V Nawathe, 3rd year electrical engineering student at Raisoni collage, Pune. Blogger on samvartaka.blogspot.in. Deeply interested in solar energy.
Others who sent all the 10 right answers:
Srihari Swamy, Satpal Singh, M.Kamaraj, R.V.Gunaseelan, Ishaq Sulthan, Piyush Joshi, P.Srinivas, Pradnya Kadam, Govind Pingle, S.Rajesh, Parag Kishor Shinde, K.G. Sudhan Ramkumar, Sandeep Agarwal, Venkatesh Pampana, Balamurali Krishnakumar, U.Manzoor, Abhay Chavan, Pratik Kundu, Atulya Kumar Naik, Venkataraman Sharma, Pragati Rathore, Anuprasad.Sg, Sophiya Dash, Sudhakar G.Joshi, Ansuya Paresh Mohta.