A Solar Meet You SHOULD NOT Miss if You are a Developer or an EPC!
Update: The meet was considered good quite and successful. The over 200 participants from about 150 companies did useful networking in identifying prospective EPCs, develelopers, support providers and equipment suppliers. Based on the inputs and suggestions from this meet, we are organizing a larger networking event on Mar 22 at Chennai at Le Meridien, Details are available here.
EAI, India’s leading renewable energy support firm, is organizing a unique meet between EPCs and Developers of solar PV power plants. This is intended to be a facilitating/networking meet for these two key stakeholder segments, especially given that two states (AP and TN) will begin allotting utility scale SPV projects soon. And given that many states in India, including Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Gujarat & Kerala have announced ambitious rooftop plans.
The delegates, about 150 focussed industry professionals comprising project heads, top management and decision makers, will belong to both rooftop solar PV and grid connected solar PV segments.
The event will have a five-hour long, focussed networking session that will provide a rare opportunity for solar developers, EPCs and other key solar sector stakeholders to interact with many important stakeholders in a professional setting. See details on the Networking Session below.
This will be held at Chennai, Jan 22 @ the Le Meridien hotel, just 2 Kms from the airport.
This one-day meet will provide critical inputs and EPC networking opportunities for prospective solar power plant developers, This meet will be especially useful for those keen on the TN and AP policies as the action will start soon for these two. The meet is however intended for developers & EPCs for the entire country.
EAI coordinated the country’s three largest and most productive renewable energy conferences last year (RENERGY 2012 – 1300 delegates, REaction 2012 – 1500 delegates and Wind Power India 2012 – 800 delegates). EAI will ensure that the EPC-Developer Meet will become the most useful and productive meet for all the key stakeholders in this fast-growing industry. You will be able to interact and network with some of the most prominent EPCs and developers in the country.
The prominent companies at the event included the following:
Refex (EPC), iAcharya (EPC, training support), Moser Baer (developer), L&T (EPC), Sun Edison (developer & EPC), Jinko Solar (cells & modules), Sterling & Wilson (EPC), Enfinity (EPC), SPI Group (developer), Sterling & Wilson (EPC), Bhilwara Green Energy (developer), Swelect (developer), Enercon (Inverter/EPC), OPG (developer), Soltech (EPC), TUV (testing & certification), Lanco (EPC/Developer), Powergear (EPC), Bonfiglioli (inverter), IndoSolar (integrated player), Abengoa (developer), juwi (EPC), Bharat Light & Power (developer), Sujana (developer), Rensol (Channel partner for Bosch, EPC), SMA Solar (Inverter), Tata Solar (EPC / Developer), ABB (components), Reliance Solar (EPC/developer), Power One (inverter), Vikram Solar (Panels & EPC), Daiwik Energy, iPLON (monitoring systems), UL (certification and standards), Infinite ERCAM (Tracking solutions) , SERL (developer), Switch (Inverter), Chemtrols (EPC), Welspun (developer), Green Infra (IPP/developer), Vega Systems (monitoring systems), Karomi (power plant process automation), Sri City (infrastructure), CPCL (developer), Perfect Solar Systems (EPC for rooftops), CES (developer/EPC), Naveen Future Solar (solar products), MPSPL (developer), Greenlight Solar (EPC/Developer), Asian Solar Systems (developer), Mahendra Solar Solutions (developer/EPC), Gadhia Solar (EPC), Solar Semiconductor (panels & EPC), CRISIL (financial support), Saint Gobain (component supplier), Phocos (EPC/developer), Evergreen Solar Systems (EPC), Recurrent Energy (developer), Siemens (Inverter), Access Solar (Developer), Titan Solar Systems (developer), Photon Energy (panels & EPC), Mitra Solar (developer), BD Engineers (EPC), RPPL (EPC), DF Power System (Developer), Dasa Infra (EPC), Tech1, Procap, Net labs, Solar Integrated Power Solution, Abengoa (developer), GK Industrial, Sri Anjani Powergen, Vangler, Ganges International, Sun Industrial (EPC), Vishnu Energy, Electronika, Deccan Energy (EPC/Developer), Bosch (Cells, panels), Artha Energy, Advolt Energy Resources, Ravano Solar (EPC), Hooks & Electronics, GS Steel Alloys (Raw Materials), Mgen Power, Navsar Holdings, Primex Group, Adcom India, Sphere Technology Alliance, Ceyon Power, GPR Power (EPC & developers), Century Solar (EPC), Ibex Energy, Lester, RE Connect (REC & Support Services), NEST Group, MARG (Infrastructure support), Energetic Consulting, Universys, Essear Technologies, Topaz Impex Inc, Efaces, South Eastern, Trend Victory, Inspira Martifer Solar Ltd, MGVS Cotton Works, Tamilnadu Telecommunications, India, Spac Power Engineering, Apollo Renewable Energy, Power Electronics India, World Wide Logistics, Fluid Line System, Sri Anjani Powergen, Nivedha Software, Nextech Electronics, Sree Lalitha Plastic Industries, Pentury Solar Projects, Divya Tooling Technology, Surana Group, Pioneer Group, Goodsun, Sun Industries (Developer), Amtex Power, Shrijee Heavy Projects, Green Secure Energy, Sunmax Energy Sys, Charted Finance, Arunachala Impex, Indira Industries, Olympia Infratech, Unique Micro Computers, Rethink Energy, Land Marvels Homes, Le Spirit, Orissa Power Consortium, GRT Group, Ultratech, Renault Nissan, Praddin Energy, Adhiev Nanopv, Alex Green Energy Pvt. Limited, Bhansali Cables & Conductors Pvt. Ltd, Bhari Industrial Promoters Pvt. Ltd & Eta Powergen, Blo Pak, Borg Energy, Chennai, Bysani Ventures India Pvt Ltd, Canco Business Machines, Cirus Solar, Conergy Energy Systems India Pvt. Ltd, Consul Consolidated Private Limited, Crew Energy India(P) Ltd, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd, Earthcare, Edify Kids, Eki Energy Services Ltd, Energy & Fuel Users Association Of India, Enerparc Energy Pvt. Ltd, Ernst & Young Private Limited, Focal Energy, Ge Power Conversion, Great Lakes I9nstitute Of Management, Greencom, Hild Energy Private Limited, Hitachi Nest Control Systems Pvt. Ltd, Indo-Italian Chamber, Infosys Technologies Limited, Inodaya Solar, Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, Jayaraj Group Of Companies, M M Forgings Limited, Network Systems, Network Systems & Technologies (P) Ltd, Nsl Gp, Ntpc Ltd Rstps, Nuziveedu Seeds Pvt. Ltd., Oasys Energytech, Optimal Power Solutions, Optisol, Panchabuta-Cleantech & Renewable Energy In India, Pondy Oxides & Chemicals Ltd, Ram Lakshman Residency, Rays Engineers, Real Integrators Solar Energy, Shri Vishnu Engineering, Shriram Epc Ltd, Spaceage Solar Energy, Nellore, Sri Sai Plastotech, Star Agro Marine Exports Pvt. Ltd, Startling Solar, Surya Orugally Green Power Pvt. Ltd, Thermo Control, Trina Solar, V.K.V Real Estates (P) Ltd, Velstand, Vesuvian Constructions, Windcare India Pvt Ltd, Yuktha Energy Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Zeus Infra
Who will benefit?
We expect over 200 delegates in all at the event – many prominent EPCs and developers, as well as from the panels/BoS supplieres and financing community as well.
Benefits to Developers
Developers will get to know critical insights from other developers and EPCs on the dos-and-donts while implementing solar power plants. They will also be able to network with many prominent EPCs at one place.
Benefits to EPCs
For EPCs, this is an important opportunity to understand the key aspirations and concerns of the developer community. It is also an excellent opportunity for them to build a good contact network with the developer community.
Benefits to Panel & Balance of System Suppliers
The suppliers get to network with many prominent companies from their main customer segments – EPCs and power plant developers – all at one place, in just 6 hours.
The goal behind this event is critical intelligence & extensive interactions, to drive critical value for both developers and EPC. Speeches and presentations will be kept to a minimum and networking/interactions is the key agenda. The most important part of this event is the 5-hour long networking session, see below for more details on this.
Expert Insight Session
Insights in the presentation session will be shared by the following companies, among others
10 AM – 12 Noon
- L&T on Challenges in Solar Power Plant Implementation
- GK Ramakrishnan - Head Strategic Sourcing and Product Development, Solar – L&T Constructions
- Theme – Solar Power Scenario – Opportunities, Challenges and Pitfalls for a new Developer
- Sun Edison on Measuring Performance of Power Plants Using Analytics
- Amit Kaushik – SunEdison
- Theme – Solar Power Plant Performance Measurement and Analytics
- TUVon Importance of Testing & Certifications for Solar Power Plant Performance and Making it Investor Friendly
- B.S.Arun kumar – Senior Manager, TÜV Rheinland (India) Pvt. Ltd
- Theme – Mitigate risks in Solar PV power plants
- Moser Baer on critical factors that solar power plant developers should consider
- Samir Dash – Projects Specialist, Moser Baer
- Theme – Solar Farm Developers Key Do’s and Don’ts
- Refex Energy will present case studies of key drivers that resulted in their high performance solar power plants
- Anil Jain – Managing Director, Refex Energy
- Theme – EPC Best Practices for Solar Power Plants that are Built to Last
- SPI Group on a prospective developer’s perspectives will present case studies of key drivers that resulted in their high performance solar power plants
- Pramodh – SPI Group
- Theme – What developers are looking for from EPCs
- Summary of key perspectives from developers/prospective developers – will include experiences and case studies. We will have 3 prominent developers share their insights on developing solar power plants and what they expect from the EPCs
- Perspectives for both grid connected and rooftop solar PV power plants
- Key learnings from the power plants they have implemented
- Realistic returns developers can expect from solar power plants
- Avenues for raising finance – challenges & potential for raising finance from Indian and foreign investors
- Critical things to look for while selecting an EPC
- Importance of supporting/enhancing systems such as trackers, monitoring solutions, process automation and more
- Their perspectives on the JNNSM Phase II and the various state solar policies
- Summary of key insights from prominent EPCs who have implemented MW scale as well as Rooftop Solar power plants. They will share their insights on what developers should keep in mind while implementing SPV power plants and the important dos-and-donts. Insights will also be provided on avenues for financing the project.
- Key learnings from the power plants they have implemented – both rooftop and grid connected
- Key technology and operational challenges while implementing solar power plants
- Aspects that can result in time and cost overruns
- Connecting to the grid – challenges in coordinating with the state utility
- Testing and certifications while implementing solar power projects, and methods and processes for testing
- 12 Noon – 130 PM – Interactive session. Rather than a traditional Q&A Session, this will be a highly detailed and interactive session in which many other experts and professionals will get an opportunity to share their inputs.
Networking & Interaction Session
- 1:30 PM – 6:00 PM – Lunch followed by a focussed networking session that will provide exceptional opportunities for both EPCs and developers to find answers and solutions from multiple entities, under one roof.
- NOTE: Names and brief backgrounds of all the companies that had sent their profiles to us will be announced before the networking session begins. This will ensure that every participant gets excellent mileage and focussed networking opportunities.
- We will also be sending the names of the participating companies to all the delegates to ensure high value interactions
The Networking Session Is the Real Reason for You to be Here
- All delegates will be quickly introduced so that everyone gets highlighted and has an opportunity to interact with other relevant delegates
- Based on prior inputs/profiles about requirements, EAI will assist in quickly matching interested parties with each other
- All arrangements will be made such that during the five hours of networking, every one is able to do optimal and high quality networking.
Imagine how much time and efforts it would take for you to have 10 high quality meetings with focussed prospects or suppliers/vendors. Perhaps a month, if you are lucky. All these can be done at just one place, in five hours!
This will hence be a critical meet to attend for both EPCs and prospective developers, and also for panel and BoS suppliers.
The fee per delegate is Rs 6000, and this covers the entire program, lunch & coffee.
Rs 6000 can be paid in the following ways
By Bankwire Transfer
Transfer to – Account Number: 921357524;
Account Name – Clixoo Solutions Private Limited;
Bank Name/Address – Indian Bank, Uthamar Gandhi Salai, Chennai 600034, Tamilnadu, India
SWIFT Code: IDIBINBBMAS; IFSC – IDIB000N061
By Cheque/ DD
In favor of
Clixoo Solutions Private Limited,
Send the cheque to:
C/O Clixoo Solutions Private Limited
A5C, Anugraha Apartments (Next to Taj Coromandel Hotel)
No 41, Nungambakkam High Road, Nungambakkam
Chennai – 600034,
For those specifically interested in getting comprehensive intelligence on rooftop solar, you might want to check out Solar Mango
Interested in rooftop solar for industrial/commercial consumption? Make use of our FREE Solar Assist service - More