Read an interesting ad from Cairn ONGC about how their oil recovery efforts are benefitting the country.
All right it is PR, and well, it is not even renewable energy, but all the same, I thought it would be useful to put the numbers down. Let’s say it is more for perspective than for anything else
- 100 million barrels crude recovered from Cairn-ONGC’s Rajasthan oil fields
- Reduced oil imports by Rs 45000 crores
- Contributed Rs 15000 crores to the national exchequer
- This JV contributes more than 20% to India’s crude oil production
- 25 oil field discoveries in Rajasthan to date
- Producing 175,000 barrels of oil per day
- And finally, something related to this blog! – Partnering with local communities to find sustainable solutions for their development
Why do I get this feeling that I dont seem to hate the oil companies as I was hating them only a few minutes back!