A contact of EAI is looking for an investor to assist them financially for a 15 MW biomass power plant.
What he is looking for is a capital infusion to the extent of 25 crores, as he has already completed most of the rest.
The promoter is an established entrepreneur who knows his business, and most important, has an attractive PPA with the state electricity board for power purchase at tariff upwards of Rs 7 per kWh. In addition, he has done a good job of ensuring that the biomass supply at excellent prices.
Overall, it appears to be quite a profitable opportunity and should be of interest to private equity investors keen on adding a profitable biomass power plant of a reasonable size to their portfolio.
- Power plant is being set up in Maharashtra, and most of the plant construction has already been completed
- Has a strong 13 year PPA, tariff Rs 7.5/kWh for 13 years with state discom.
- Plant in strategic location for feedstock availability
- Have agreements with the local distributors and farmers for resources.
- Total project cost: Approx Rs 100 crores (about $16 million), required infusion: 25 crores (about $4 million)
Investors keen on exploring this opportunity may kindly send in their enquiry to narsi[at]eai[dot]in or call me at +91-98413-48117