This is a part of the EV Digital Opportunities series
This blog post will discuss the opportunities specific to Processes automation and advancements in the EV industry.
Electric vehicle manufacturers must shift processes and technology to serve these changing market needs. This can be accelerated to compete better with smart, flexible operations and integrated automation solutions.
- HASETRI lab, an independent research and testing laboratory that critically focuses on improving elastomers and tyres for electric vehicles. To deal with noise, vibration, harshness, and other tyre-related issues, the research lab conducts various tests like NVH-related tests, speed-sweep tests, as well as modal testing on tyres and other related industrial components. Thus to make the process easier, HASETRI collaborated with Siemens to leverage their automated software testing solutions that not only reduced the time required but also expanded the domains during their testing process.
- Altair has released its 2021 simulation software update.The latest updates to simulation solutions enable customers to develop complex products by simulating 5G connectivity, electronic board-level performance, and modern manufacturing processes. The software computing firm unveiled a new electronic system design toolset that enables engineers to develop smart, connected devices to collaborate on all aspects of physical, logical, thermal, electrical, and mechanical design. This accelerates printed circuit board (PCB) design review, verification, analysis, and manufacture to design motors, sensors, and actuators with simulation. Some of the notable updates include improved simulation and optimisation of wireless connectivity, including 5G and electromagnetic compatibility; visual firmware development which supports more widely used microcontroller families.
- Volkswagen and Microsoft are collaborating on autonomous vehicles, with the two behemoths planning to work on an Automated Driving Platform. The VW Group and Microsoft create a cloud-based system for self-driving vehicles as well as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), all tapping Microsoft Azure for compute, AI, and storage. VW Group’s Car.Software Organisation, its in-house software company, will work with Microsoft to streamline that process. The goal is a single database, pulling together real traffic data and simulations, which will give autonomous systems and developers a single port of call for road insights.
- HORIBA announced the availability of the latest version of STARS VETS, its vehicle emission test automation software. This version of STARS VETS includes a complete application package to address testing for full electric and hybrid electric vehicles, providing all necessary features to assess emissions, fuel consumption, electric energy consumption and range. STARS VETS is part of HORIBA’s STARS Automation platform which enables increased test cell efficiency and usability. STARS VETS ensures vehicle emission tests run smoothly and efficiently with preloaded cycles, configuration data and results calculations for a wide range of regulatory standards. STARS VETS includes support for real driving emissions testing – enabling whole-vehicle RDE tests to be replicated accurately with HORIBA’s unique methodology and know-how. Additionally, it is available for vehicle emissions testing on chassis, engine and powertrain dynamometers.
- A UK trial of smart charging incentives found the majority of electric vehicle drivers on the trial shifted charging to off-peak, reducing demand on the network at the busiest times. The Shift project, led by UK Power Networks, is partnering with Kaluza, Octopus Energy and ev.energy on the trial involving more than 1,000 domestic customers. The project demonstrated that smart charging needs to be accessible, simple, and trusted if it is to generate widespread participation. It also reinforced that to be successful, smart charging products must be designed around real-world customer behavior and preferences. Under the trial, customers opted to enroll in different smart charging products that incentivized smart charging at off-peak times. Customers that had selected automated smart charging products had the option of ‘boosting’ their battery charge at all times. The year-long trial revealed this accounted for between six and 30 percent of the energy used for EV charging.
This is a part of the EV Digital Opportunities series
Posts in the series
- EVs and Big Data, Analytics, Customized learning
- EV and IoT / Cloud Solutions, Sensors, Connectivity, Database
- EV and AI / ML, Robotics, Customised learning
- EV mobile software applications, Payment gateways, Shared network
- EV and VR/AR solutions, Multimedia, Image processing
- EV fleet management software, Payment apps, Analytics software
- EV BMS software, PCB, PLC, Hardware circuits
- EV navigation systems software, Multimedia, Satellite communication, Image processing
- EV testing, design and simulation software, Programming, Framework
- EV charging software, Payment gateways, PCB, POS, Hardware circuits, Robotics
- EV Processes automation Softwares, ERP, Robotics
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.