Green Hydrogen Solutions to Slash Fossil Fuel Dependency in U.S. Manufacturing
Here’s a report found in a document from the site of the Department Of Energy (DOE) that addresses how U.S. manufacturing relies heavily on fossil fuels for process heat’
The key takeaways as per the report are as follows
- Electrification: Replacing fossil fuels with electric heating for low-grade processes.
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS): Capturing and storing carbon emissions from process heating.
- Clean Heat Sources: Utilizing solar thermal, nuclear, or waste heat for process heating.
- Hydrogen and other clean solutions are currently more expensive than fossil fuels.
- Ensuring hydrogen and other clean solutions can be integrated into existing infrastructure.
- Implementing strong policies to encourage adoption of clean technologies.
Interestingly, we have some other posts related to this content:
Green Hydrogen vs. Fossil Fuels: Cummins Reports: Cummins highlights green hydrogen’s benefits over fossil fuels, emphasizing sustainability, efficiency, and mature safety standards in its production and usage.: Cummins highlights green hydrogen’s benefits over fossil fuels, emphasizing sustainability, efficiency, and mature safety standards in its production and usage.