Empowering Change: Insights from the CLIMAFIX Summit 2023 on Renewable Energy Advancements - India Renewable Energy Consulting – Solar, Biomass, Wind, Cleantech
Select Page

The Climafix Summit 2023 brought together visionary leaders, investors, and star startups in the renewable energy sector, shedding light on the imperative shift towards sustainable energy solutions. Moderated by Lt Col Monish Ahuja from PRESPL, the session delved into the transformative potential of renewable energy startups in shaping a greener future.

Lt Col Monish Ahuja’s Perspective:

Monish started the session by underscoring the urgent need to transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy. He highlighted India’s remarkable strides in renewable energy, accounting for 20% of its energy basket. However, he emphasized the untapped potential in sustainably addressing the remaining 80% of energy needs. With his company’s innovative approach, such as using biomass briquettes for cremation, he showcased the power of startups in driving impactful solutions.

Star Startup Presentations:

The session featured presentations from pioneering renewable energy startups, each offering unique insights into their contributions and challenges:

Biofuel Circle (Speaker: Tushar lowalekar):

  • Biofuel Circle presented novel technologies in the biofuel domain, showcasing their innovative business model aimed at sustainability and efficiency.

Illumine-i (Speaker: Nithish Sairam):

  • Illumine-i shared their journey in the solar energy sector, highlighting their commitment to harnessing solar power for a brighter, cleaner future.

REConnect Energy (Speaker: Vishal Pandya):

  • REConnect Energy offered insights into their endeavors in wind energy, emphasizing the importance of innovation and collaboration in driving renewable energy adoption.

Investor Perspective:

Shruti Srivastava from Avaana Capital provided valuable insights from an investor standpoint, emphasizing the immense potential for financial backing in renewable energy startups. She underscored the importance of aligning investments with sustainability goals and supporting innovative solutions that address pressing environmental challenges.

As the world faces the pressing challenges of climate change, events like the Climafix Summit serve as catalysts for change, bringing together stakeholders to explore innovative solutions and chart a path toward a renewable energy-powered future. With startups at the forefront of this movement, backed by visionary leaders and investors, the prospects for a sustainable energy transition have never been more promising.

Latest from Net Zero Videos

Innovating for India’s Future: How AGNIi is Empowering Startups to Combat Climate Challenges

Insights from IIT Madras’ Energy Innovators – Satya Chakravarthy and Satyanarayanan Seshadri

Innovators in Climate Tech Take Center Stage at CLIMAFIX Early Stage Startup Contest 

Inspiring Sustainability Startups Pitch at CLIMAFIX Summit 2023 

Water Sustainability Investments Amid Climate Crisis – Insights from Mridula Ramesh 

About Narasimhan Santhanam (Narsi)

Narsi, a Director at EAI, Co-founded one of India's first climate tech consulting firm in 2008.

Since then, he has assisted over 250 Indian and International firms, across many climate tech domain Solar, Bio-energy, Green hydrogen, E-Mobility, Green Chemicals.

Narsi works closely with senior and top management corporates and helps then devise strategy and go-to-market plans to benefit from the fast growing Indian Climate tech market.

Know More...Connect with our director

Copyright © 2024 EAI. All rights reserved.