Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd (Grundfos India) has yet again been recognised for its commitment towards sustainability. The company’s headquarters in Chennai has received the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) EB Platinum Certification by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). Grundfos is one of the first companies to go in for voluntary recertification of its existing building and the first company in India to move from a Gold to a Platinum rating for a building after eight years.
Inaugurated in March 2005, Grundfos India’s headquarters holds the distinction of being the first gold-rated green building in India under LEED certification by USGBC. This has now been upgraded by this recent certification to a ‘LEED EB Platinum Certified’ building. This Platinum certification was based on key parameters such as the facility’s sustainability features, water efficiency, resource management and indoor environmental quality. Some of the notable features of this facility includes – high energy efficiency levels with 100% recycling of the sewage, rain water harvesting and with solar collectors and photovoltaics.
Commenting on the occasion of receiving this certification, Ranganath N.K, Managing Director, Grundfos India said, “This LEED EB Platinum certification is a key recognition for the company’s sustainable focus and initiatives. Our green headquarters in Chennai symbolizes the company’s core values and the sustainable way that we conduct our business in India. The fact that we are able to maintain a green rated building and make it even more greener over a period of time proves that the green rating is not just a one-time effort but a continuous process”.
As per GBCI, Grundfos India is an example of best performance of green buildings in the operations and maintenance phase and has improved its performance to achieve this platinum rating. Some of the key highlights of Grundfos India’s green office are:
- The company has implemented various key policies such as the Sustainable Purchasing Policy, Solid Waste Management Policy and Green Cleaning Policy
- The entire potable water usage for the facility has been reduced to 55.68% below the LEED-EBOM baseline by using efficient indoor plumbing fixtures and fittings
- Around 52.5% of rainfall has been mitigated through storm water management strategies
- The building had an EPA ENERGY STAR score of 95 at the conclusion of the performance period
- An on-going commissioning program has been implemented that includes elements of planning, system testing, performance verification, corrective action response, on-going measurement, and documentation to proactively address operating problems
- The entire project complies with the minimum requirements of ASHRAE Standard 62.1 -2007 of Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, using the Ventilation Rate Procedure
About Grundfos India:
Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd. (Grundfos India) a wholly owned subsidiary of Grundfos Holdings was established in March 13, 1998. Grundfos India is responsible for sales of Grundfos products in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Maldives. Currently, Grundfos India has more than 250 employees and works with 200 distributors and dealers with 20 offices across India. Grundfos India provides pumps and pumping solutions for various applications – heating and hot water service systems, cooling and air-conditioning systems, industrial applications, pressure boosting and liquid transfer, groundwater supply, domestic water supply, sewage and wastewater, dosing, chlorination systems, disinfection systems and pumps running on renewable energy. For more information, visit http://www.grundfos.in/
For editorial queries, please contact:
Mahathi Parashuram Sakthi Prasanna
Head – Public Affairs Senior Account Manager
Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd. MSL Group
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Tel: +91 9600063482 Tel: +91 9884277251