An excellent white paper on India’s energy outlook until 2020. A must-read paper (PDF), from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. See the PDF link below
The report says that the goal of the project was to build a new generation global energy and CO2 emissions model that will be based on the level of diffusion of end use technologies. The model will address end-use energy demand characteristics including sectoral patterns of energy consumption, trends in saturation and usage of energy-using leg equipment, technological change including efficiency improvements, and links between urbanization and energy demand.
The present report presents
- A detailed picture of trends in energy consumption in India at the sectoral level such as industry, transport, and buildings without further disaggregation.
- For each sector, drivers of energy and technology are indentified. Trends are then analyzed and used to project future growth.
- Results of this report provide valuable inputs to the elaboration of realistic energy efficiency scenarios.
Interesting web resources
- C2V – CO2 to Value – a comprehensive web resource providing insights on opportunities in converting CO2 into a range of useful products – fuels, chemicals, food & materials
- All about CO2 – CO2 Q&A – a unique resource providing answers to 100+ questions on the most talked about gas today.