Short Term Intensive Practical Training Program on Renewable Energy Systems
Dates: 10 to 22 May 2010, Mumbai
Organised by: Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidyavihar (East), Mumbai- 400077 in Association with Maharashtra Energy Development Agency.
Who should attend
- Technicians and engineers involved in laboratory testing, installation, sales and design of systems & working for solar, biomass and wind energy system
- Employees of building & construction companies and architects
- Technicians and engineers of companies with Green Energy programs, or in-house renewable energy use
- Employees of NGOs and government agencies involved in renewable energy promotion
- Students and faculty of Polytechnic and Engineering Colleges planning to work in the renewable energy sector
The sessions will consist of lectures followed by practicals, and will RLS cover the areas of solar, biomass and wind energy, and solar system design software.
Each topic will be covered by a lecture followed by practicals.
The sessions will cover:
- Solar water heating
- Solar air heater-dryer
- Solar photovoltaics
- Solar cooking
- Solar energy design software utilisation
- Biomass characterization; biogas
- Bio-diesel production and utilization
- Biomass (wood) gasifier – dual-fuel engine
- Resource assessment, utilization of wind power, design of wind turbine
The program brochure can be downloaded from the college website (www.somaiya.edu )
Please contact Dr. A.G. Bhave or Prof. S.S. Bhusnoor for any clarifications. The organizers can provide information about suitable hotels in the vicinity to course participants, or arrange accommodation in their guest house.
Dr. A.G. Bhave, Convenor
Prof. S.S. Bhusnoor, Coordinator
Department of Mechanical Engineering
K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering,
Vidyavihar (East), MUMBAI – 400077
Tel: 022 – 66449191
Fax: 022 – 25152272