The REC trading for May 2011 took place on 25th May (Last Wednesday of the month). The following are the details of the REC trading for the month at the two exchanges – Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) and Power Exchange India Limited (PXIL).
|May 2011||Non-solar REC||Solar REC|
|Total Buy Bids||Total Sell Bids||Trade Volume||Purchase Price/REC||No. of Participants||Total Buy Bids||Total Sell Bids||Trade Volume||Purchase Price||No. of Participants|
More details available at
- IEX trading : http://www.iexindia.com/RECData.aspx
- PXIL trading : http://www.powerexindia.com/PXIL/captcha.aspx?filename=20110525_083419_PXIL_conducts_3rd_REC_Trading_Session_with_Success.pdf
Compared to April, the trading in May 2011 was far better. In April, only 260 non-Solar RECs were traded. Moreover, all these 260 RECs were sold in IEX and none in PXIL.
Some of the highlights of the trading are given below.
- No Solar-RECs have come up for trade in either of the exchanges
- About 75% of the trading was carried out at IEX.
- Like April, the trading remained in favor of the buyers as there were more sell bids than buy bids. This ensured that the Purchase price for the RECs was the floor price.
The next trading will take place on Wednesday, June 29, 2011.
Details about the previous months’ trading are available below.
1. April 2011 – http://eai.in/blog/2011/04/a-review-of-the-indian-renewable-energy-certificate-rec-trading-for-april-2011.html
2. March 2011 – http://eai.in/blog/2011/03/renewable-energy-certificates-rec-trading-takes-off-in-india.html