Hydrogen Trains in UK: Alstom’s Emission-Free Innovation
Here’s an article posted in Reuters that talks about the replacement of diesel locomotives with Hydrogen in the UK by 2022.
According to the article,
- Hydrogen trains to replace diesel-powered railway locomotives
- Hydrogen offers an emission-free, quiet alternative
- Alstom created the first fully hydrogen-fueled passenger train route in Germany
- Trains have a hydrogen tank with a range of 1,000 kilometers and a maximum speed of 140 km/h
- Hydrogen trains could be running in Britain as early as 2022