Highlights of Uttarakhand EV Policy (2018) – Incentives, Subsidies, Exemptions of Electric Vehicle Policy
Last Updated: February 2020 by Narasimhan Santhanam
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
- To create a conducive atmosphere to support manufacturers, and reduce vehicular pollution
- To create jobs in the state
Buses: Initial target of 500 e-buses before 2022
- First 100,000 customers purchasing EVs in the state will not have to pay motor vehicle tax for a period of 5 years.
- First 100,000 customers purchasing commercial EVs or electric stage carriages will also be able to avail exemption from tax.
- Land provided to the EV manufacturing sector will not be utilised for other purposes till 15 years.
- Entrepreneurs will be entitled to 100% electricity duty exemption
- Government will offer term loans of Rs.100-500 million to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to manufacture EVs.
- Manufacturing plants that have a minimum of 100 employees will benefit from the government’s employee provident fund per company of Rs. 20 million.
- The state government has also planned to contribute around 30-50 per cent of overall Goods and services tax (GST) paid by the MSMEs for 5 years since their first day of production.
- The firms must also employ around 70 percent of its staff from the state itself to avail the incentives.
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicle, Electric Vehicles, EV Policies & Regulations, India State EV Policies
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.