Market & Feasibility Research Assistance on Second and Third Generation Biofuels
From EAI, a leader in renewable energy/cleantech research & consulting
2G & 3G Biofuels
Industry leaders have created multiple initiatives, consortiums and action groups in an effort to further research and development of alternative clean energy fuels that can potentially replace fossil fuels. These alternative fuels include biofuels, hydrogen, non-fossil natural gas, and biomass. However, the area that has shown the most promise is bio-fuels – fuels made from fermentation of organic matter.
First generation biofuels are produced directly from food crops to be used as biodiesel or bioethanol through fermentation. However, first generation biofuels have a number of associated problems. Most importantly, there is a contention of fuel v/s food when it comes to these and in effect first generation biofuels have not found many takers across the world.
This gave rise to second and third generation biofuels.
Second generation (2G) biofuels are produced from non-food crops such as wood, organic waste, food crop waste and specific biomass crops, therefore eliminating the main problem with first generation biofuels. Third generation biofuels (3G) on the other hand mostly refers to those derived from algae.
These biofuels come with their fair share of problems, including commercial non-viability in some cases, requirement for large areas of land/water as the case maybe, contention on the actual carbon foot print across the entire value chain and many more.
Thus, as with most emerging opportunities, next generation biofuels present a promising future but with challenges on the way. Hence, a balanced understanding of the opportunities the sector promises along with its inherent challenges is needed before investment decisions can be made.
If you are an investor a key stakeholder keen on getting an expert market and feasibility study done for second or third generation biofuels, whom can you approach?
This is where EAI’s Outsourced Research Assistance on Second and Third Generation Biofuels comes in.
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on 2G & 3G Biofuels,
Who will Benefit from Our Custom Research?
EAI can provide custom research on second and third generation biofuels for the following stakeholders:
- Developers/Investors of biofuel projects
- OEM’s of biofuel equipment
- Government & non–government organizations & agencies working in the biofuel domain
- Academia & research looking for authentic perspectives and market research inputs
What is the Scope of Our Custom Research?
Our team has excellent knowledge of the product and market for the following next generation biofuels:
Next Gen Ethanol
- Cellulosic Ethanol
- Ethanol from Syngas
Next Gen Biodiesel
- Biodiesel from Second Generation Feedstock such as Jatropha, Pongamia
- Biodiesel from Waste Vegetable Oil/Used Cooking Oil
- Biodiesel from Syngas
Next Gen Biofuels - Others
- Algae Biofuels – both ethanol and biodiesel
- Syngas based biofuels
- Biofuels from bio-natural gas, and biogas
- Biofuels from agricultural, industrial and domestic solid waste
- High end drop in bio replacements for petro fuels – bio-gasoline, bio-kerosene, bio-jet fuel
Through our custom research on 2G and 3G biofuels, we can provide information that include
- Prefeasibility studies (technical, market and financial pre-feasibility) that can aid primary decision making for investors
- Market potential analysis
- Carbon footprint assessment
- Current research trends
Specifically, our custom research can cover the following dimensions:
- Current market sizes and forecasts
- Key market trends, market and revenue potential
- Growth factors and opportunities
- Key drivers and challenges
- Analyses of specific feedstock for suitability
- Analysis of availability and supply chain reliability
- Yields of different types of feedstock
- Capital investments
- Feedstock costs
- Variable logistics costs
- Extraction & operating costs
- Comparison with carbon footprint of other fuel sources
- Variations in carbon emission gains
- Impact on bio-diversity
- Impact on soil
- Water footprint
- Land availability issues
- Trade and Environment regulations for the relevant regions
- Analysis of biofuel mandates for the relevant regions
- Inputs and updates on the latest governmental financial incentives such as funding and subsidies
Why EAI for Outsourced Research for 2G & 3G Biofuels?
How many firms can claim they have been involved exclusively on Cleantech Research for 10 years?
EAI is one of the very few in the world!
EAI is your ideal partner for custom research on 2G & 3G biofuels because
- We understand the biofuels and bio-energy domains very well – we have been operating in these domains for over 10 years!
- We can provide high quality market and business research assistance at a much lower cost than larger, horizontal research firms can
- We are based out of India, a country known for its mature information and research outsourcing capabilities, and with a skilled workforce excellent in English.
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on 2G & 3G Biofuels,
Some of our acclaimed reports and whitepapers in the Bio-Energy domain
EAI’s Consulting Assistance in the Cleantech Domain
- Provided consulting assistance in diverse renewable energy & sustainability sectors spreading across Biomass, Biofuels, Sustainable Materials, Solar and Wind
- Has a client portfolio of 200+ companies, including top of the heap entities such as GE, Vedanta, World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, GSK & more.
- Strong team with diverse cleantech domain expertise and educational backgrounds from the top-tier institutes of India and abroad
EAI’s Research & Reports
- Our cleantech research reports have been used by over 2,500 prominent companies worldwide, including more than half in the Fortune 100 alone!
- Benefitted over 100,000 cleantech industry professionals and stakeholders in the past decade through our whitepapers and events.
Our specialized consulting division provides assistance in market research & business intelligence, market potential analysis, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder, technology & business due diligence, M&A assistance and more for the complete clean energy, environment and sustainability value chain.
We have assisted a range of stakeholders, small businesses/SMEs, startups, large corporations, state and central government, venture capital companies, private equity firms, investment banks, NGOs and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take our consulting help.
Our specialized consulting has benefitted clients all across India and select countries outside:
We has provided consulting & industry research assistance across India, having clients who have benefitted from our consulting or research from the following cities:
Ahmedabad | Amravati | Amritsar | Asansol | Aurangabad | Bangalore (Bengaluru) | Belgaum | Bhavnagar | Bhopal | Bhubaneswar | Bikaner | Chandigarh | Chennai (Madras) | Coimbatore | Cuttack | Dehradun | Delhi | Dhanbad | Durgapur | Faridabad | Firozabad | Gandhinagar | Gangtok | Ghaziabad | Guntur | Gurgaon | Guwahati | Gwalior | Hyderabad | Indore | Jabalpur | Jaipur | Jalandhar | Jalgaon | Jammu | Jamnagar | Jamshedpur | Jodhpur | Kalyan | Kanpur | Kochi (Cochin) | Kolhapur | Kolkata (Calcutta) | Kota | Kozhikode | Lucknow | Ludhiana | Madurai | Mangalore | Meerut | Mumbai (Bombay) | Mysore (Mysuru)| Nagpur | Nashik | Navi Mumbai | Nellore | Noida | Patna | Pimpri & Chinchwad | Pune | Raipur | Rajkot | Ranchi | Salem | Sangli | Solapur | Surat | Thane | Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) | Tiruchirapally (Trichy) | Udaipur | Vadodara (Baroda) | Vijayawada | Vishakapatnam | Warangal
Countries worldwide where we have assisted clients through research reports or consulting
Australia | Austria | Bahrain | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | China | Croatia | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Hong Kong | Hungary | Greece | Iceland | India | Indonesia | Ireland | Israel | Italy | Japan | Kuwait | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Malta | Mexico | Netherlands | New Zealand | Norway | Portugal | Republic of Korea (South Korea) | Russia | Saudi Arabia | Singapore | Slovakia | Slovenia | South Africa | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Thailand | Tunisia | Turkey | United Kingdom (UK) | United States of America (USA)
Specific Domains We Operate in
Solar PV- Rooftop Solar | Residential Rooftop Solar | Commercial & Industrial Rooftop Solar | Ground Mounted Solar Farms | Solar Farm Operations & Maintenance | Solar Farm Monitoring & Control | Solar Power Integration with Grid | Offgrid Solar | Solar Water Pumps | Solar Street Lights | Off-grid Solar Homes ||| Solar PV Components - Solar Trackers | Single Axis Solar Trackers | Dual Axis Solar Trackers | Solar Inverters | Solar Power Plant Central Inverter | Solar Power Plant String Inverter | Solar Power Plant Micro-Inverter | Solar PV Mounting Structures | Solar Power Plant Monitoring & Control Systems | Solar PV Wafers | Solar PV Cells | Monocrystalline Solar Cells | Polycrystalline Solar Cells | Thin Film Solar Cells | Bifacial Solar Cells | Solar Modules/Panels | Solar Panel Backsheets | Solar Panel Aluminium Frames | Solar Panel Encapsulants | Building Integrated Solar PV | Solar PV Storage | Concentrating Solar PV |
Solar Thermal - Low-Temperature Solar Thermal | Solar Water Heating | Solar Cooking | Solar Drying | Medium & High Temperature Solar Thermal | Medium Temperature Commercial & Industrial Heating Using Solar Thermal | High Temperature Industrial Heating Using Concentrated Solar Thermal | Concentrating Solar Power | Storage for Concentrating Solar Power | Fresnel Lens based Concentrating Solar Power | Power Tower based Concentrating Solar Power | Parabolic Trough based Concentrating Solar Power | Dish based Concentrating Solar Power | Hybrid Solar Energy | Solar Wind Hybrid | Solar Biomass Hybrid | Solar PV / Thermal Hybrid
Bio-energy for Heating - Combustion-based Biomass Heating | Gasification-based Biomass Heating | Anaerobic Digestion based Biomass Heating
Bio-energy for Power - Combustion-based Biomass Power | Gasification-based Biomass Power | Anaerobic Digestion based Biomass Power | Biomass Combined Heating & Power | CHP Boilers for Biomass | Operations & Maintenance for Biomass-based Energy Plants | Biomass Storage | Biomass Pre-processing | Biomass Ash Management,
Bio-energy for Transportation - Ethanol | First Generation Ethanol | Second Generation Cellulosic Ethanol | Biodiesel | Biodiesel through Transesterification | Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil - HVO | Bio-butanol | Bio-methanol | Bio-CNG | Aviation Biofuels
Other Bio-energy - Biogas | Syngas
Bio-Energy Crops - First Generation Bio-energy Feedstock | Agricultural Waste Feedstock | Dedicated Energy Crops | Perennial Biomass Bio-energy Feedstock | Prominent Biomass Feedstock for Heating & Power | Sawdust for Heating & Power Generation | Rice Husk for Heating & Power Generation | Paddy Straw for Heating & Power Generation | Bagasse for Heating & Power Generation | Julieflora for Heating & Power Generation | Bamboo for Heating & Power Generation
Electrical Storage - Capacitors | Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage | Chemical Storage | Hydrogen Storage | Fuel Cells
Electrochemical Storage - Battery | Lead Acid Battery | Lithium Ion Battery | Emerging Battery Types | Sodium Sulfur Battery | Solid State Batteries | Battery Management Systems
Mechanical Storage - Pumped Hydro Energy Storage | Flywheel Energy Storage | Compressed Air Energy Storage
Sustainable Transport - Two Wheelers | Bicycles | Electric Bicycles | Electric Motorbikes | Electric Scooters | Electric Three Wheelers | Sustainable Car Transport | Electric & Hybrid Electric Cars | Battery-based Electric Cars | Hybrid Electric Cars | Plug-in Hybrid Electric Cars | Fuel Cell Electric Cars | Electric Light Commercial Vehicles | Electric Mini Trucks & Vans | Electric Buses | Fuel Cell Buses | Electric Heavy Commercial Vehicles | Electric Trucks | Sustainable Rail Transport | Sustainable Aviation | Fuel Cell Vehicles | Sustainable Transport Infrastructure | EV Charging Infrastructure | DC Charging for Electric Vehicles | AC Charging for Electric Vehicles | Battery Swap Stations for Electric Vehicles | Hydrogen Fueling Infrastructure | Sustainable Transport Fuels and Fuel Standards
Sustainable Transport Fuels - Biodiesel | Ethanol | Bio-CNG | Other Biomass-based Liquid Fuels | Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil - HVO