Market & Feasibility Research Assistance on Distributed Solar Generation
From EAI, a leader in renewable energy/cleantech research & consulting
Background on Distributed Generation
Distributed Generation is an umbrella term for power that is produced at the point of consumption. Distributed Energy Resources can include Solar Photovoltaics, Combined Heat & Power, Fuel Cells, Small Wind Turbines, and Micro-Turbines. Of these, it is hardly surprising that distributed solar generation holds the lion’s share.
Driving exponential growth in distributed solar is the dramatic decrease in the price of solar panels, with global costs of solar installation for domestic households coming down by more than 60% since 2009. It is hardly surprising that the distributed solar generation market is expected to exceed $150 billion by 2023.
Why Distributed Solar Generation?
Distributed solar generation can be either on the rooftops of buildings or also could be ground-mounted, from where the power is consumed locally. Distributed energy generators are typically connected to the local utility grid or could be a part of self-sustaining micro-grids.
Benefits of distributed generation include savings on expensive and polluting conventional power, reduced investments in transmission and distribution infrastructure, meeting renewable purchase requirements, etc., over and above making a positive contribution to combat climate change.
However, distributed solar generation poses challenges to end-users and utilities. They include maintenance of electric grid system balance, safety issues for utility line workers, lack of awareness of the technology among end-users, lack of favourable and structured regulations, among many others. An investor needs to deep dive into all the threats and opportunities that the distributed solar generation market presents before making an investment decision.
Thus, as with most emerging opportunities, distributed solar presents a promising future but with challenges on the way. Hence, a balanced understanding of the opportunities the sector promises along with its inherent challenges is needed before investment decisions can be made.
If you are an investor or a key stakeholder keen on getting an expert market and feasibility study done for distributed solar generation, whom can you approach?
This is where EAI’s Market Research Assistance on Distributed Solar Generation comes in.
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on Distributed Solar Generation, you should be talking to us.
Who will Benefit from Our Custom Research?
EAI can provide custom research on distributed solar generation for the following stakeholders:
- Investors/ Developers of Solar Power Projects
- OEMs in the Solar Domain
- Vendors / Distributors of Solar Power Plant Components
- System Integrators of Solar Power Projects
- Government & Non–Government Organizations & Agencies
- Academia & Research Institutions looking for authentic perspectives and market research inputs
What is the Scope of Our Custom Research?
Our team has excellent knowledge on distributed solar generation models and can provide precise inputs on the following:
- Status and growth of the distributed solar generation market
- Growth drivers and opportunities in distributed solar generation
- Major government policies and incentives for promoting distributed solar generation
- Successful business models of companies in the segment
- Niche applications where solar energy can play a vital role
- Technology and implementation issues
- Key challenges, bottlenecks and growth deterrents
Through our custom research on distributed solar generation, we can provide information that include:
- Prefeasibility studies (technical, and financial pre-feasibility) that can aid primary decision making for investors
- Market potential analysis for distributed solar generation
- Government regulations, mandates and incentives, by region
- Innovations and research trends in solar technology and associated solutions
Specifically, our custom research can cover the following dimensions:
- Rooftop & on-premises solar
- Hybrid Solar Solutions at Distributed Level – Solar/Wind & Solar/Biomass hybrids, especially
- Distributed solar with a range of storage solutions
- Emerging and innovative technologies in distributed solar – including use of distributed solar for direct DC loads, emerging trends in distributed solar monitoring & analytics, and more
- Current market sizes and forecasts
- Key market trends, market and revenue potential
- Growth factors and opportunities
- Solar PV and grid parity
- Key drivers and challenges
- Responses to market trends from key segments
- Financial Incentives, Public Policies and Trade Wars
- Feed – in – Tariffs
- North America
- Asia – Pacific
- Gulf Region
- Rest of the world
- Net Metering Policies
- Renewable Energy Certificates
- Standards & Certifications
- Solar YieldCos
- Green Bonds
- Solar Leases, PPA and “Pay As You Go” Models
- Community Solar
- Savings and Economic Impacts
- Impact on Local Economy and on Small and Large Businesses
- Impact on Environment and Climate-Change
- PV Modules
- Inverters & Balance of System
- Module- Level Power Electronics – Microinverters , Power Optimizers
- Energy Storage – Recent Trends & Innovations
- Grid Interconnection & Challenges
- Permitting Processes
- Trends in Installation Costs
- Drivers for the Cost Declines
- Challenges in the Way of Further Cost Declines
- Capital Costs
- Working Capital, Logistics and Other Variable Costs
- Financing Availability
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Over Other Available Power Sources
- Company Overview
- Financial Overview
- Business Strategy
- Swot Analysis
- Industries & Services Catered
- Product Landscape and Benchmarking
Why EAI for Outsourced Research on Distributed Solar Generation?
How many firms can claim they have worked along the entire Solar PV value chain?
EAI is one of the very few in the world!
Solar Mango, a division of EAI, focuses exclusively on the solar sector in India and abroad. Over the past many years, we have had the opportunity to work with some of the most prominent global and Indian corporates, organizations, and government bodies, providing them with strategic intelligence and business assistance.
EAI, along with Solar Mango, is your ideal partner for custom research on distributed solar generation because
- We understand the solar domain very well – we have been operating in this sector for nearly 10 years!
- We can provide high quality market and business research assistance at a much lower cost than larger, horizontal research firms
- We are based out of India, a country known for its mature information and research outsourcing capabilities, and with a skilled workforce excellent in English
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on distributed solar generation,
Some of our acclaimed reports and whitepapers in the Bio-Energy domain
EAI’s Consulting Assistance in the Cleantech Domain
- Provided consulting assistance in diverse renewable energy & sustainability sectors spreading across Biomass, Biofuels, Sustainable Materials, Solar and Wind
- Has a client portfolio of 200+ companies, including top of the heap entities such as GE, Vedanta, World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, GSK & more.
- Strong team with diverse cleantech domain expertise and educational backgrounds from the top-tier institutes of India and abroad
EAI’s Research & Reports
- Our cleantech research reports have been used by over 2,500 prominent companies worldwide, including more than half in the Fortune 100 alone!
- Benefitted over 100,000 cleantech industry professionals and stakeholders in the past decade through our whitepapers and events.