Market & Feasibility Research Assistance on Waste to Energy
From EAI, a leader in renewable energy/cleantech research & consulting
Waste to Energy
Every year we dump a massive 2.12 billion tons of waste globally. This sheer number necessitates efficient waste management systems. With growing public awareness about sanitation, and with increasing pressure on governments and urban local bodies to manage waste more efficiently, waste to energy sector is one that is poised to grow at a rapid pace in the years to come. The pressing needs of waste management and it being a reliable energy source are creating attractive opportunities for investors and project developers in the waste to energy sector. Against this background, the global waste to energy market size is expected to reach a whopping $33 billion by 2023.
Why Waste to Energy?
Each month millions of tons of waste is produced. Most wastes that are generated find their way into land and water bodies without proper treatment, causing severe water and air pollution. This causes huge environmental impact to wildlife, ecosystems and human health. The problems caused by solid and liquid wastes can be significantly mitigated through the adoption of environment-friendly waste to energy technologies that will allow treatment and processing of wastes before their disposal.
Keeping this in mind, many new waste treatment plants have come up and have developed novel ways to generate energy from waste.
Waste to energy plants are used to treat and dispose of a number of waste products, but primarily are used on municipal solid waste (MSW), commercial and industrial waste, food waste, agricultural and industrial by-products (such as bagasse produced during sugar production), animal by-products and animal waste (e.g. chicken droppings), and sewage.
The environmental benefits of waste to energy, as an alternative to disposing of waste in landfills, are clear and compelling. Waste to energy generates clean, reliable energy from a renewable fuel source, thus reducing dependence on fossil fuels, in effect, doing its part to reduce GHG emissions. In addition to environmental benefits, the waste to energy sector also offers business opportunities along its entire value chain – starting from preparation for re-use to disposal.
The waste to energy has its own set of challenges. Successive governments and other policy makers & regulators have viewed waste to energy as primarily a waste management solution rather than a valuable energy source. Consequently, its full potential has not been realised and there is a lack of coordination between the energy and waste management arms of policy-making. This has resulted in poorly-drafted legislation and inconsistent guidance and has negatively affected the sector’s growth. Investor confidence can come in only when a proper feasibility analysis and guidance on waste to energy, customized to his aspirations, is provided.
Thus, as with most emerging opportunities, waste to energy presents a promising future but with challenges on the way. Hence, a balanced understanding of the opportunities the sector promises along with its inherent challenges is needed before investment decisions can be made.
If you are an investor or a key stakeholder keen on getting an expert market and feasibility study done for waste to energy, whom can you approach?
This is where EAI’s Outsourced Research Assistance on Waste to Energy comes in.
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on waste to energy,
Who will Benefit from Our Custom Research?
EAI can provide custom research on Waste to Energy for the following stakeholders:
- Stakeholders in the Waste Sector
- Waste Generators
- Waste Recycling Companies
- Waste Collectors
- Waste Treatment Companies
- Landfill Operators
- Stakeholders in the Energy Sector
- Power / Energy Producers
- Power / Energy Consumers
- Organisations and Authorities
- Local Governments
- Planning Authorities
- Environmental Authorities
- Community Groups
- Academia & Research Institutions
What is the Scope of Our Custom Research?
Our team has excellent knowledge of the waste to energy industry and can provide precise inputs on the following:
- MSW based Power Generation Using Incineration or Gasification
- MSW based Power or Heat Generation through Biomethanation / Anaerobic Digestion
- Industrial Waste (including Hazardous Waste) to Energy Using Conventional Systems and in Select Industries such as Cement
- Biomass Waste from Agricultural Sector to Heat & Power Generation through Gasification & Combustion
- Energy Recovery from Liquid Waste such as Sewage Waste & Liquid Waste from Select Industries – through Biomethanation and other emerging technologies.
Through our custom research on waste to energy, we can provide information that include:
- Prefeasibility studies (technical and financial pre-feasibility) that can aid primary decision making for investors
- Market potential analysis for waste to energy projects
- Government mandates and regulatory frameworks
- Current research trends in waste management and treatment
Specifically, our custom research can cover the following dimensions:
- Current market sizes and forecasts
- Key market trends, market and revenue potential
- Growth factors and opportunities
- Key drivers and challenges
- US & North American Regulations
- EU Regulations
- Asia-Pacific Regulations
- Incineration & Combustion
- Gasification & Syngas Generation for Heat, Power or Liquid Fuels
- Plasma Arc Gasification
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Heat Energy
- Combined Heat & Power
- Transport Fuels
- Capital costs
- Logistics, Operation and Variable Costs
- Feed – in – Tariffs
- Incentive components such as Tipping Fees, Government Subsidies
- Company overview
- Financial overview
- Business strategy
- SWOT analysis
- Industries & Services Catered To
- Product Landscape and Benchmarking
Why EAI for Outsourced Research for Waste to Energy?
How many firms can claim they have provided strategic assistance for multiple clients in the clean energy domain for almost a decade?
EAI is one of the very few in the world!
- We understand the waste to value domain very well – we have been operating in this and related cleantech domains for over 10 years!
- With its focus and prior work in waste to energy, EAI has an excellent understanding of all the strategic steps that can assist an entrepreneur in making the optimal investment decisions
- We can provide high quality market and business research assistance at a much lower cost than larger, horizontal research firms
- We are based out of India, a country known for its mature information and research outsourcing capabilities, and with a skilled workforce excellent in English
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on waste to energy,
Some of our acclaimed reports and whitepapers in the algae domain
EAI’s Consulting Assistance in the Cleantech Domain
- Provided consulting assistance in diverse renewable energy & sustainability sectors spreading across Biomass, Biofuels, Sustainable Materials, Solar and Wind
- Has a client portfolio of 200+ companies, including top of the heap entities such as GE, Vedanta, World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, GSK & more.
- Strong team with diverse cleantech domain expertise and educational backgrounds from the top-tier institutes of India and abroad
EAI’s Research & Reports
- Our cleantech research reports have been used by over 2,500 prominent companies worldwide, including more than half in the Fortune 100 alone!
- Benefitted over 100,000 cleantech industry professionals and stakeholders in the past decade through our whitepapers and events.
So, if you are looking to outsource customized research on Waste to Energy, you should be talking to us.